What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guawi

De La Luz

dubi said:
Not exactly the same malawi mother De La Luz. Guawi mother is the killer old malawi, malawi #4 is one of her daughter coming from past season selections, she's the most balanced malawi female i've found in terms of vigour, yield, aroma and potency, her killer mother is stronger but daughter #4 is very close in potency but TASTIER!

I hope to backcross this season poweful and tasty malawi sons to the killer malawi mother. I think it will be the best way to breed a seedline with closest potency to the mother but adding more pleasant tastes.

Right on Dubi,
I'm very excited about the two Guawi girls. Especially since each one seems to have slightly different attributes to explore!

I just ordered a new camera today, so hopefully I can upload some better shots as they fully mature.
Have a good weekend!

De La Luz

Day 90 for the two guawi females (#7 & #8 ) and they have been harvested.

The aromas changed so much during the last 4 weeks. Earlier in the cycle it seemed to me that I could distinguish between different aspects of the individual scents associated with each female... Now the aromas have become very complex and very hard to pick out individual scents.

#7 (I think is slightly more Malawi influenced) had slightly more leaf in it's bud structure. The scent is very earthy and woody with hints of onion, cooked beef and a slight spice...all of that over an every so slight hint of a floral background...Like I said, Complex.
Yield was heavy and these are some of... if not the most... dense sativas i have every grown.
Small star shaped calyx with tiny resin heads.

#8 (I think has a bit more Guatemalan influence ) Slighly larger calyx with a bit more resin. The aroma is much more sweet & floral with woody hints and the slight spice of her sister. Also very complex.
Yield was also very heavy and very dense flower clusters that developed up and down the branch structure nicely.

I have images to share and I'll upload them soon. They were taken about a week before harvest.

I put these two through some major stress tests and they came through without any real problems (No hermies etc). This was not planned but was associated with me having to "Emergency move" the garden at about 8 weeks in on 12/12. They went into total darkness for 4 straight days before landing at their new local. Once there, their dark period had slight but daily interuptions for about two weeks. Not idea conditions.

I fed them very light organics during flowering and they received only pure water for the last three weeks.

They were flowered under 1-1000w HPS and 1-730w Sulfur plasma sharing the room with other varieties.

I have rooted cuttings of #7 and she has started a new cycle already. This time she was topped several times and placed in a supportive tomato cage to help with lower branches during flowering. I'm feeding her a bit more organics ( a medium feeding schedule).

#8 is going to start reveg tonight. I left some lower buds on her to start the process.

I think round two with #7 already seems to be very promising. She looks very healthy and contained well in the tomato cage.

More soon...

Cant wait for a few weeks of curing to give them a smoke and a report.

So Far I LOVE this strain !!

Mucho respect to Dubi, Charlie and the whole ACE crew!!
Gracias amigos :rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High De La Luz,

Great news! Im so glad to hear about your successful Guawi harvest! :wink:

Sure Guawi produces very resinous dense sativa flowers. And it's very hermie resistant, indeed both parental lines, malawi and guatemala, are 2 of the most hermie resistant sativa lines we have. This is one of the reasons why we are planning a Guawi fem release for 2009.

Thanks a lot for share your comments. Can't wait to hear the smoke report!

dubi - ACE Seeds -

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Niiiiiiiiice :))))))))))
I can´t wait to smoke some Guawi ...thx for sharing :jump:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great work De La Luz!

Very nice yielding sativas :rasta: You did a great work growing them indoors.

Have a great weekend!

After looking at those pictures on the first page of the finished outdoor Guawi plant I sprung for a pack... and I was successful, early today.

I don't have any pure sativa genetics in my library and this one seems like it will fit the bill perfectly... untainted, powerful genetics that are long lasting and buds that are not fluffy.

I hope to make some crosses with this pack of seeds, and I'm sure it will prove to be a good parent for my novice pollen chucking.

De La Luz

Guawi Female #7 ~ Round two ~

This time I pinched her tops a couple of times during the veg cycle and put her in a tomato cage.

Here she is at day 22 of 12/12

De La Luz

Round two went well, I like this strain a lot but, she is BIG and Branchy and hard to control with limited space and height indoors. I grew both ladies outdoors for the 08 season (total guerilla, with very limited nutes and only sparse supplemental watering) They did very well outdoors.

The high is very unique (to me) ...starts off clear and focused with a pleasant sativa effect, this is followed shortly by a slight edgy paranoia, with some psychedelic qualities... all of this followed by a heavy, narcotic stupor, usually finding me in the fetal position sometime later on as I wake up....this is a real roller coaster of a ride.

Thanks ACE!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Round two went well, I like this strain a lot but, she is BIG and Branchy and hard to control with limited space and height indoors. I grew both ladies outdoors for the 08 season (total guerilla, with very limited nutes and only sparse supplemental watering) They did very well outdoors.

The high is very unique (to me) ...starts off clear and focused with a pleasant sativa effect, this is followed shortly by a slight edgy paranoia, with some psychedelic qualities... all of this followed by a heavy, narcotic stupor, usually finding me in the fetal position sometime later on as I wake up....this is a real roller coaster of a ride.

Thanks ACE!!!

Thanks De La Luz for your feedback,

Im glad to hear round 2 was succesful. Guawi is a great strain for guerrilla growing in a hide and warm place, she grows very vigorously producing a high yield easily without much cares. I think you got her essence, there are real strong individuals in the Guawi hybrid.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Beautiful sativa plants, looks and sounds like a winner...are there any Guawi seeds for sale at the moment?

el gordo

my guawis are starting to flower now (1st of september) around 41º N, the more guatemalan ifluenced seems to be a bit earlier and productive than the malawi ones, just for the record.
the harvest time is almost there...good crops to everybody!

konopenko

Veteran
Great sativas those Guawis-growing mad,didnt have luck this year: only female was devasteted by storm other two were males I took pics anyway:

:wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
my guawis are starting to flower now (1st of september) around 41º N, the more guatemalan ifluenced seems to be a bit earlier and productive than the malawi ones, just for the record.
the harvest time is almost there...good crops to everybody!

Thanks for let us know el gordo, hope you find nice expressions in your phenos. Happy flowering!

Latest posts

Latest posts