Old 03-26-2007, 01:24 AM #11
Skunkface

Skunkface is on a distinguished road
Hey burn.. in ur one recipe you say:

1tbsp blood
2tbsp bone
1tbsp kelp
1tbsp greensand

Now im curious as to why there is so much bonemeal in there?
I'm plannin to make a veg mix to put freshly rooted clones into..

Do you think this would work better for them?

1tbsp blood
1tbsp bone
2tbsp kelp
1tsp crushed rock powder

Thanks man.
Skunkface is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 AM #12
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Skunkface-
If you want to veg only in that mix, I guess it would be okay. I've never used powdered rock phosphates. But if you plan on flowering your clones in a week or two after planting, then you'll need the phosphorous from the bone meal. And that is the recommended dose.
Here's how I do mine. I'm not much of an up pot guy. I start my seeds in Rapid Rooter plugs. Each one pushed into a single five inch square nursery pot full of one of those soiless mixes I posted. I make my mix of blood/bone/kelp at the same time. When the seeds sprout and get about an inch or two high, I push the Rapid Rooter plugs down deeper into the soil mix. Then I push the mix up around the stem of the plant up to the first leaf set. This keeps the seedlings from falling over. There they will stay under 24 hour light until the nute filled soil mix is ready (about two weeks). I put the mix into three or five gallon pots and up pot into them. That's it. Now just water with worm casting tea and molasses until harvest. I don't like to veg very long (if at all). With clones, I go to 12/12 as soon as they root.
Hope that helped.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

Last edited by BurnOne; 03-27-2007 at 01:21 AM..
BurnOne is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:21 AM #13

has anyone uesed power flower soil and if so did the nuts in the soil go the whole flowering period?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:29 AM #14

oh yeah.. is there any way or organic method to increas yeilds? i know molasses adds weight to the plant but is that the same consepte as using
sum of the non organic chems out there? like koolbloom , or big bud ect..

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 PM #15
Skunkface

Skunkface is on a distinguished road
Thanks burnone.. im an outdoor grower.. and i'll be putting the clones into 5gallon containers full of the veg mix, where the plants grow for about 2 months. After that they are transplanted into 10-20 gal containers full of flowering soilmix. (high P guano / kelp)

the crushed rock i spoke about is just a trace mineral source.. cuz i cant get greensand.
Skunkface is offline Quote

Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 AM #16
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
buttcrack-
Did you choose that name or did someone else?
Molasses feeds the bacteria. It does not, on its own add weight to buds. After all, we're after bacteria guano in organic growing.
The best way I know of to get the best yields out of a strain is to give the plant what it wants. The best way to do that is to stay with one or two strains until you get to know the characteristics of that plant type. Sativas and Indicas are much different and require certain care.
Do not mix chemicals with organics. They are two completely different things and IMO can't be used together.
Burn1

BurnOne is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:48 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne
buttcrack-
Did you choose that name or did someone else?
Molasses feeds the bacteria. It does not, on its own add weight to buds. After all, we're after bacteria guano in organic growing.
The best way I know of to get the best yields out of a strain is to give the plant what it wants. The best way to do that is to stay with one or two strains until you get to know the characteristics of that plant type. Sativas and Indicas are much different and require certain care.
Do not mix chemicals with organics. They are two completely different things and IMO can't be used together.
Burn1
good looking out, burnone
i actually got the name from my line of work and evryone knows what construction trade is asosiated with, buttcrack

Old 03-28-2007, 04:57 AM #18
BurnOne
No damn given.

LOL

BurnOne is offline Quote

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 AM #19

i use to be all organic using ,foxfarm of and feeding with teas, but i had no idea that putting, ph up or down could effect the living organics
whut if the tea mix's ph is to high? how do i lower it without harming the micro life?

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:13 AM #20
BurnOne
No damn given.

pH and Organics

buttcrack-
pH isn't a big factor in organics like it is in synthetic growing. Be sure your soil mix is full of humates from compost or worm castings. Use one of the soiless mixes I posted at the beginning of this thread and forget about pH if you use any of the nute recipes I posted below it.
My guano teas have been as high as 9 and my Pure Blend Pro as low as 4 and I never had any problems.
Burn1

BurnOne is offline Quote