in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Cloning with JJScorpio

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Cloning with JJScorpio Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 PM #31
Core
Quality Control Controller

Core has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud of
good thread scorpio...
should of have this thread when i started out ..

i used 2 have some plants die on me with this methode...but i got a tip from jorges cervantes somewhere on the net....and have 100 % survival rate untill now...i'd like 2 share the tip with IC

cut the clone.....cut stem in middle about 1 a 1.5 cm ...moist middle...dip in rootinghormone ..shure that you have hormone on the middle and sides...and put in soil...
i must say its the best way for me

[b][size="2"]
Core is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 AM #32
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
Thx for the addition Core. I am glad you got it mastered.

My biggest thing I would like to get through to people is don't think you have failed because you don't have roots within a week or so. This is not the norm. I got so frustrated when I first started because of this. It took me a long time to realize this. So what if it takes you 2 to 3 weeks, as long as they root.

Just be consistent with what has been said and let them root at their own pace. This will get you some confidence in knowing you can do it. That is 90 percent of the battle. Also, dont be afraid to cut some clones and practice, even if you dont need them. Each time you get them to root will give you more confidence. It took me years to understand that you wont get all of them to root everytime and be happy when you hit 50 percent. Work your way up from there. Each batch you will learn a little more about the plants you are working with, and soon you will be comfortable with what you are doing.

Last edited by JJScorpio; 01-12-2007 at 12:09 AM..
JJScorpio is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 AM #33
Core
Quality Control Controller

Core has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud ofCore has much to be proud of
np scorpio ...i can only pass what i have learnd so far...and as for showing roots i cut them in time so they have all the time they need ...and i agree that is't the norm..my plants show in 10 a 14 days in not optimal conditions....by that i means 50 a 60 % humidity..... i'm not in a hurry realy...aslong there are no empty space's in flowerroom it will be good

[b][size="2"]
Core is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 02:29 AM #34
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
A full flowering room is always a wonderful thing. I will agree with you that 10 to 14 days is about the right time to start seeing roots, although I have seen stubborn strains take much longer. I have a purple power mother that tests my patience everytime I clone her. She will not mold outside under any circumstances, but get the temps to warm while cloning and the whole bunch will rot. Certain strains are simply better cloners then others.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 PM #35

Good thread, I do almost exactly the same but with these diff:

rockwool 1" cubes (slower to root through IMO, but better root structure IMO)
clonex
I probably dont pay as much attention to the fine razor cut (I just scissor em)

Old 01-12-2007, 06:19 PM #36
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Thx for the addition Jumblyjoe. If the scissors work for you that is fine......

Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 PM #37
cric

cric is on a distinguished road
nice thread JJ. i didn't know about nitrogen issues associated with cloning.
thanks for the info! :smile:
cric is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 06:39 PM #38
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Thx cric. How have you been?

I did a little reading up on the subject in the last few months. I feel like I am honoring my parents for the money they spent on my education, lol......

Old 01-12-2007, 06:57 PM #39
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant future
The 45 degree angle at the bottom of the cutting should be cut with a single stroke. It is not good to try to correct a bad cut by cutting a little bit of the cut tip off. Just make a new single swipe cut so that the cambium exposed is even. This will help speed reconnection and growth of the vascular tissues.

Be sure to clean your knife with ethanol before each cut to prevent disease.
pipeline is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:24 PM #40
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeline
The 45 degree angle at the bottom of the cutting should be cut with a single stroke. It is not good to try to correct a bad cut by cutting a little bit of the cut tip off. Just make a new single swipe cut so that the cambium exposed is even. This will help speed reconnection and growth of the vascular tissues.

Be sure to clean your knife with ethanol before each cut to prevent disease.
Good point pipeline. I use a new razor everytime.

Someone asked what plants these future clones came from. The first 6 rows of 2 are from 6-G13-Diesel plants. I took 2 clones from each plant. The next row is Skunk that a friend asked me to try. The next row is Boggle and the last row is Sour BubbleBX3. All of these clones were taken off plants 2 weeks into flower. This may slow them down just a touch. Here is a pic of the mothers in flower.