Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Pre-mixing organic nutes ok?

Thread Title Search
Pre-mixing organic nutes ok? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 01:02 AM #1
pizzaBoy

pizzaBoy is on a distinguished road
Question Pre-mixing organic nutes ok?

My hobby grow is on the roof of my place in DC (not enough space indoors for a grow tent). This is the 2nd year I'm doing this same setup, so I'm looking for optimizations to make.

One such optimization is for saving time by pre-mixing my nutrients in 5-gal hedpacks so I can easily feed my plants and mix up a new batch every few days. I use organics, specifically Nectar For the God's Spartan Regimen.

However, it's been a strange start to June and we've had a lot of swings in weather, hail storm a couple weeks ago, above average rain, and random above average hot days. Because of all this, I haven't been able to feed them in over a week. The soil was soaked with rainwater and I don't want to just flush a bunch of nutes through the pots.

So, after 9-10 days of sitting on the deck, the 3ish gallons remaining of nutrient mix has developed an unpleasant odor (kinda moldy but not overpowering at all) and the pH has increased from 6.35 to 7.05. I'm curious if this is expected, or an indicator that I'm improplerly storing the mix, or that I just need to mix the nutes on demand.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar before?
pizzaBoy is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 AM #2
GingerBeard

GingerBeard will become famous soon enoughGingerBeard will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you should mix on demand. No personal experience with that line - while the line is organic, there are still chemical reactions that take place.

GB
GingerBeard is offline Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 01:57 AM #3
pizzaBoy

Thanks for the quick reply GB. I think I'll do that. I'm still really curious what's going on with the mix.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:50 AM #4
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant futureCannaRed has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaBoy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply GB. I think I'll do that. I'm still really curious what's going on with the mix.
Sounds like it got moist and it's starting to compost.
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 PM #5
pizzaBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Sounds like it got moist and it's starting to compost.
I'm confused, I mix up the nutrients in 5-gal of water so they're definitely already wet. Am I misusing the terms here? I'm still a noob so just want to get the terms right.