What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero or not aero , that's the problem

Bongo Fury

Hi guys
after six years of aerophonics, with IMO good results (growbox 1x1 , one plant per ciclo per year , enough for me and my vapes) , I'm thinking to a change . I'm sincerely tyred of every day controlling Ph (to put down every time) , Ec , water temp, and changing water every 15 days. I use RO water , so I must produce a lot of it and throw away a lot of waste. What I think is to go back to old times , I see here soil or something similar , like we all did many years ago but with much better material I hope . Question is : is it worth to continue with aero or is it a loss of time ? My harvest , 1 plant , is about 130 gr and since this year got one led lamp. Thanks for your opinion

RockinRobot

Personally I think maintaining a reservoir is much easier than dealing with soil.

Soil is messy, has to be re-potted multiple times, has to be hand fed on an irregular schedule, more chances for pests. Just to name a few of my personal reasons for hydro over soil.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Try a coco grow. For less than $50 you can buy coco, perlite & a cloth grow bag. And you can use the same nutes you are already familiar with.

My UDWC sprung a leak midway through my 2nd grow. I was out of town & my wife had to bail. The roots were left in 1/2" of water for 2 days. When I got home, I ripped the system apart & had the plants in coco in 24 hours & they didn't miss a beat. They finished well & I have been growing in coco since. The 'used' coco I recycle & use for my outdoor grows.

Coco is so much easier.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Coco with blumat its a good solution... Coco need minimum 2 feeds a days in flowering... Better 4 or 5

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
DWC with ZERO res changes is what I do, and r/o makes this so simple. Significantly less equipment, resources and hassle, with almost exactly the same yields. :)

Bongo Fury

DWC with ZERO res changes is what I do, and r/o makes this so simple. Significantly less equipment, resources and hassle, with almost exactly the same yields. :)
You say you don't change the water ? I'm doing a cicle right now and I can try . Now I'm in 4 wk growing and naturally I will change it when flowering because I must change feed. But if you don't change water how can you control how much ingredients ? For example now my EC is 1830 ms since day 15 , and I didn't add anything. Should I add some ? Not over 2000 I read . I say that because I read something with coco , is not so simple as I imagined , and must control Ph Ec the same and plus transporte from little to grater vase ... at this point I think I stay in aerophonics , in which I got more experience . If no changes of water would be possible , it wuold be great !

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You say you don't change the water ? I'm doing a cicle right now and I can try . Now I'm in 4 wk growing and naturally I will change it when flowering because I must change feed. But if you don't change water how can you control how much ingredients ?
I've been doing it for 15+ years without issues. Check the link in my sig regarding tending your reservoir. :)

Bongo Fury

Your post is awsome https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356394&page=13
Full of good info , I read it all and you convinced me : I want to switch from out roots to in roots ( without the aquarius stone ball ). Got a 18 litres system ( sorry I got an other metrical ...) with RO and want to try to feed as little as possible, as you say 1400 micro simens, without changing water. First of all I must do a change now ( 3 wk grow , only one plant ) because unfortunately I did the opposite , up to 1900 because the plant was little . After that , she will certainly pass to flowering , shall I change water that time or continue ? I got two kind of nutrients , one for grow one for flower , should I simple change the type also if in the reservoir there's still something of the old ? Thanks for your post , everyone should read it. Let say , almost everyone...

Latest posts

Latest posts