What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Over 90 warrants issued in riversude county california

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Riverside sherifs raided many mom and pop grows in anza area today 07-05-2019...

So many plants found they called in the militaty to haulout all the seized pot plants..

New bar. Code regulations provide a tag on each cannabis plant must be used for tax purpose.

Wondrr what county is next....

EsterEssence

Veteran
They came through and busted a lot of large grows. These people who moved here thinking they could grow all they wanted, and it became a problem. Some people didn’t do any more than buying a piece of land, put on a water tank, buy some water, and start growing, no toilets, growing way to many plants, spraying who knows what on it. Not to mention driving the price of cannibas down. The new sheriff decided that he was going to change it. I was here in ‘79 when they came through and busted everybody, so this isn’t the first time this has happened. If they would have done things right, only grow 24 medical organic plants there wouldn’t have been a problem. I was right in the middle of it with 24 and had no problem...

shaggyballs

Veteran
This the largest weed bust reported in California since weed was legalized in the state

Legalization isn't it great!
At least no one will go to jail for cannabis anymore.

Wendull C.

Veteran
What the fuck did voters think was going to happen? "I just want to grow my own without fear." How is that working out?

You let the wolf in the sheep pen. Legalization is a bad joke for most and a ticket back in time for prison sentences to some.

White Beard

They really should call it “re-regulation” as they’re replacing one era’s regulation with that of another era...which is to say its permitted in certain senses (if you buy the permit), but even more-tightly controlled in others.

EsterEssence

Veteran
There are no permits available, you can still do medical and be caregiver for one person which allows 24 plants per parcel of land...

Amynamous

Just because something is “legal”, doesn’t mean you can do whatever the heck you want. For DECADES, us old folk have been screaming at the government to legalize/regulate/tax the noble weed. This is finally happening. This is what legalization looks like. For some folk, this isn’t enough.

Just because beer is legal, doesn’t mean i can brew up as much as i want, bottle it up, and sell it to everyone in my neighborhood.

Just because tobacco is legal, doesn’t mean i can grow as much as i want, then dry/cure it, roll it up, and sell it to everyone in my neighborhood.

Not trying to pick a fight, but, “legalization” isn’t the problem. Your expectations are simply too high. If you don’t like the laws, then do something to change the laws.

Compared to the rest of the country, the “legal” in California looks pretty damn nice!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
They came through and busted a lot of large grows. These people who moved here thinking they could grow all they wanted, and it became a problem. Some people didn’t do any more than buying a piece of land, put on a water tank, buy some water, and start growing, no toilets, growing way to many plants, spraying who knows what on it. Not to mention driving the price of cannibas down. The new sheriff decided that he was going to change it. I was here in ‘79 when they came through and busted everybody, so this isn’t the first time this has happened. If they would have done things right, only grow 24 medical organic plants there wouldn’t have been a problem. I was right in the middle of it with 24 and had no problem...

You remeber 79?...you know who still has that tumnle weed anza skunk cut?

I was in riverside off allessandro in 79...

Wendull C.

Veteran
Just because something is “legal”, doesn’t mean you can do whatever the heck you want. For DECADES, us old folk have been screaming at the government to legalize/regulate/tax the noble weed. This is finally happening. This is what legalization looks like. For some folk, this isn’t enough.

Just because beer is legal, doesn’t mean i can brew up as much as i want, bottle it up, and sell it to everyone in my neighborhood.

Just because tobacco is legal, doesn’t mean i can grow as much as i want, then dry/cure it, roll it up, and sell it to everyone in my neighborhood.

Not trying to pick a fight, but, “legalization” isn’t the problem. Your expectations are simply too high. If you don’t like the laws, then do something to change the laws.

Compared to the rest of the country, the “legal” in California looks pretty damn nice!

If you think it looks nice now, then you should've seen medical. Medical was great, I was protected. Now unless you are rich or juiced in or in some cases both. You are a criminal again.

Anyone that says otherwise was too big a bitch to grow before or doesn't know what they are talking about.

White Beard

I get it: the war here is much like it was 20 - or 50 - years ago. Largely the same attitudes, same personnel, same legislative-judicial approaches. What I want is what I’ve always wanted, to grow and consume and gift as I choose...and that will ALWAYS be my priority regarding cannabis laws, as much as or more than any other single point.

Personally, I think legalization efforts mistakenly gave away the store by dangling tax revenue in front of legislators. We might as well have asked them to PLEASE set up a whole new cash-extraction mechanism if only we can smoke our weed. That’s proven so far to be a bad bargaining position, as far as people like me who want to GROW and consume and gift as we choose, and the laws to date prove it.

Everything I know about the current state of cannabis law in Cali I learn here and other boards. It sounds like one hell of a mess, frankly. The screw-job in Washington state, the Canadian bait-and-switch - just last week, Illinois dropped its grow provisions in order to pass a cannabis scheme. New York and New Jersey can’t seem to figure out *who* they want to screw and how much.

I may die saying it, but growers’ rights are fundamental and they aren’t even in play. A cannabis consumers union is a looong way off, but growers have to be heard loud and clear. It *is* in fact exactly the sort of right the Ninth Amendment refers to. Growers need to organize and make their numbers and economic clout and their opinions known in statehouses.

Latest posts

Latest posts