What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starter plug causing slow growth?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a couple heirloom sativas that I cloned in starter plugs, I think peat moss, and they are taking their sweet time growing.

I had the same experience with the same heirlooms along with another hybrid the grow before this one. I guess there is no connection but it makes me wonder. They are in small pots of soil so not gonna kill it but they just seem stunted.

Are the roots free to get out of the plug? I thought so but wondering as all else is good as far as soil and water. Light is low intensity but gonna change that quick. The ones before lacked in flower under good light, sparse yield even for a heirloom sativa.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jiffy cubes are notoriously too acidic (peat) or that's been my experience.
Quit using any peat products during germination about 8 yrs ago.