Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > How far into the 12/12 stretch can you safely Supercrop?

Thread Title Search
How far into the 12/12 stretch can you safely Supercrop? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2019, 03:44 AM #1
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enoughMrkline006 will become famous soon enough
Question How far into the 12/12 stretch can you safely Supercrop?

As title asks. 2 week stretch up this coming weekend and I still have a few new tops that are now higher. Trying to find out if I’m safe to SC them or let them be
Mrkline006 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 04:27 AM #2
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond reputenoreason has a reputation beyond repute
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
If you make a crop without breaking the stem it can be done also at mid flowering, no problem with it.
If you crop later, it also work but slightly different.

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 06:20 AM #3
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enoughMrkline006 will become famous soon enough
I’ll be hitting day 14 since switch to 12/12 this Saturday and have been supercropping every few days to keep canopy even and I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t jacking anything up if I did one more SC

Old 05-03-2019, 06:22 AM #4
ratchy

ratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really niceratchy is just really nice
3 weeks in when I sc and no problems just keep your eyes open and you should be good horses for courses
ratchy is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 06:36 AM #5
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud of
Yea I Super Cropped some today and a few days ago around 2wks + and didn't even give it a thought. If your VERY careful SC it can be done at least mid flower on your strain maybe more without losing much or them slowing down. Ive accidentally bend a top over pretty late and not lost much. But I try to do it early within first 2-3wks just so you can get your canopy to grow better. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep her outta the hot lights if you have low ceiling. I'm at 6ft in my basement and gonna take the light hangers off and zip tie my reflectors to the hook in the ceiling lol, so whatever you gotta do is better than burning the top.
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2019, 07:11 AM #6
Mrkline006

Not sure why that resent lol. But thanks. I have plenty of room since I misread the stretch numbers and flipped early, I just want a even canopy to make up for the loss of a ft or 2!!

Old 05-04-2019, 01:54 AM #7
Chemdawggy Dawg

Chemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really niceChemdawggy Dawg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
Yea I Super Cropped some today and a few days ago around 2wks + and didn't even give it a thought. If your VERY careful SC it can be done at least mid flower on your strain maybe more without losing much or them slowing down. Ive accidentally bend a top over pretty late and not lost much. But I try to do it early within first 2-3wks just so you can get your canopy to grow better. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep her outta the hot lights if you have low ceiling. I'm at 6ft in my basement and gonna take the light hangers off and zip tie my reflectors to the hook in the ceiling lol, so whatever you gotta do is better than burning the top.
I wouldn't recommend using zip ties to hold your lights up, they aren't that strong and get brittle over time. Use some wire instead.
Chemdawggy Dawg is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:56 AM #8
Greenthumber

Greenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really niceGreenthumber is just really nice
I wouldn’t try any bending or pinching after the first week or two. And usually only deleaf up untill week 2-3, if you can tie any tall branches back I would do that first
Greenthumber is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2019, 10:32 PM #9
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemdawggy Dawg View Post
I wouldn't recommend using zip ties to hold your lights up, they aren't that strong and get brittle over time. Use some wire instead.

Yea I changed them out for some metal clip things I use. I hang the hood a few days, but your right that's definitely not a good idea. Seems like when I run outta things or don't have something i need, I'll use whatever til I get to the store or Amazon. I'm off the beaten trail a bit and it takes a little bit to get to the hardware store.
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote