Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth

Thread Title Search
Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2019, 02:27 PM #11
russian420

russian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
I went from cloth to these and haven't looked back.

View ImageView Image

Nice
These Green Grow Pots are they expensive?

I like the price on these
Gro Pro® Elite Commercial Grow Bag

5 gallon only about 7-us dollar

Sometimes you need start watering from the sides

with these pots i think. ?
Just like the Fabric Textile Pots needs.

The best is No Root Bound Ever.
I dont use Normal Plastic pots ever again. Because they

Root Bound

Now i use Airpots plastic with holes, and Fabric Textile Pots also called Dirt Pots.

The Textile Fabric Pots are fine 3-5 times grow. Textile is Textile. Not for ever.

I like the idea with these Plastic Mesh grow bags because, i think they last LOOOOONG.
10 grows, maybe more even ?
And Price is very good also.

The only Down Side i can see is there is no handles on the sides ?
I like to lift my pots easy to find out by weight if they need Watering.

The Green Ones had nice blue handles on the sides.
I like that, this makes it very easy lift and feel the weight of the Pots to controll watering needs

Last edited by russian420; 04-14-2019 at 02:39 PM..
russian420 is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 02:59 PM #12
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW I cut my handles off as they get in the way. I pinch the pot with thumb and forefinger to lift them and judge their weight. Handles are just a nice touch but, not necessary

<<Sometimes you need start watering from the sides>>

If you mean avoid the "center plug" then yes. You want your roots to seek H2O, not sit around and become lazy LOL. The water/feed will permeate the plug all by itself through permeation..

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:19 PM #13
Dick Dankerson

Dick Dankerson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
FWIW I cut my handles off as they get in the way. I pinch the pot with thumb and forefinger to lift them and judge their weight. Handles are just a nice touch but, not necessary

If you mean avoid the "center plug" then yes. You want your roots to seek H2O, not sit around and become lazy LOL. The water/feed will permeate the plug all by itself through permeation..
Interesting. I just planted two 15 gallon square fabric pots and was wishing they had handles. maybe I'll be glad they don't after I've grown in them for awhile.
Dick Dankerson is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 03:28 PM #14
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Dankerson View Post
Interesting. I just planted two 15 gallon square fabric pots and was wishing they had handles. maybe I'll be glad they don't after I've grown in them for awhile.
I think I should have specified that IMO, you don't need 'em for 5 gal pots and below. Besides, for folks that are growing in 15+ gal pots, normally they aren't lifting their pots, and most have some type of netting/scrog going on etc.... I don't. like mobility

Old 04-14-2019, 03:31 PM #15
h.h.

h.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian420 View Post
Nice
These Green Grow Pots are they expensive?

I like the price on these
Gro Pro® Elite Commercial Grow Bag

5 gallon only about 7-us dollar

View Image

Sometimes you need start watering from the sides

with these pots i think. ?
Just like the Fabric Textile Pots needs.

The best is No Root Bound Ever.
I dont use Normal Plastic pots ever again. Because they

Root Bound

Now i use Airpots plastic with holes, and Fabric Textile Pots also called Dirt Pots.

The Textile Fabric Pots are fine 3-5 times grow. Textile is Textile. Not for ever.

I like the idea with these Plastic Mesh grow bags because, i think they last LOOOOONG.
10 grows, maybe more even ?
And Price is very good also.

The only Down Side i can see is there is no handles on the sides ?
I like to lift my pots easy to find out by weight if they need Watering.

The Green Ones had nice blue handles on the sides.
I like that, this makes it very easy lift and feel the weight of the Pots to controll watering needs

View Image

About 5x the price.
$20 for a 12 gallon.
Still about one of the the cheapest accessories you can buy.
Why put a $300 plant under $1000 lights and use a $4 grow bag?
I can think of a few reasons for some.
For growing my legal limit, it makes sense for me to have the best I can get.
h.h. is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:35 PM #16
russian420

russian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
About 5x the price.
$20 for a 12 gallon.
Still about one of the the cheapest accessories you can buy.
Why put a $300 plant under $1000 lights and use a $4 grow bag?
I can think of a few reasons for some.
For growing my legal limit, it makes sense for me to have the best I can get.
Actually this is so true.
And i Indeed.

So much money and care, and these plants are worth money also.

So why use cheapiest pots

-.-

This is the latest Honor the Plant Vinyl X2 Pro Series Grow bag!!! This is the same bag style used by The Gnome, Chef Anna and most of the top growers across the world!

These bags feature our Grower developed CannaWall™ technology!!! There are others trying to copy CannaWall™ but there is only one original!

i have Google about the Honor The Plant Pots.

This Company got alot different style special Pots

They claim self they make the best Canna Pots on the Market

I must say WOW

THEY are made of VINYL.
Vinyl is some Plastic kind Material ?

They have different series .

With and without handles.

You can choose colors
I know this is not important at all for growing.
Anyway FUN to all BLING BLING people.

I really want try these Vinyl Pots.
Must email them someday ask if they send them outside US

. Last

NOW WE HAVE STRONGEST MAN COMPETITION ON ICMAG :

Who lift 15 gallon pots Easy without handles on the pots? LOL

-

Please take a look, they have different Pot styles

honortheplant.com/collections/all-products

Last edited by russian420; 04-14-2019 at 06:09 PM..

Old 04-14-2019, 06:11 PM #17
russian420

Quote:

YES this is what i mean.
And also to avoid these open-air pots go Too Dry at the Sides

I want also tell about one more important things before choose any Pot style.
Try couple different and see what works best for your envoirment, and how often you can, or like water the plants.

The random plastics pots can be best if the envoirment is hot or a bit dry, or if you have super good ventilation.
And then offcourse maybe these Air Pot things can be better for you if you have higher humidy and not the top ventilation system.

There is Pros and Cons with Everything almost.

The best pot is that your envoirment like most. And yes, this is different for different growers, and grow areas , and mediums.
Not all have the same Soil either.
There is alot things that must match before you can make great Success growing.

Im still learning alot.
I get better and better with this growing thing

ICMAG is good place talk about these things.
I cant talk about this IN-REAL with people

Last edited by russian420; 04-14-2019 at 06:23 PM..

Old 04-14-2019, 06:38 PM #18
Big Nasty

Big Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to allBig Nasty is a name known to all
A good grower and a bong hit honor the plant better than any fancy pot
Big Nasty is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:57 PM #19
stewart169

stewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I think I should have specified that IMO, you don't need 'em for 5 gal pots and below. Besides, for folks that are growing in 15+ gal pots, normally they aren't lifting their pots, and most have some type of netting/scrog going on etc.... I don't. like mobility
This I agree with. Small pots are light enough to not need handles. Over 7-10 gallons handles are good.
Need to look at the green ones closer. My current gro-pro bags are fine but always keeping an eye open for better products to help grow better plants.
stewart169 is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 08:26 PM #20
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian420 View Post
*SNIP

Try couple different and see what works best for your envoirment, and how often you can, or like water the plants.
... from what I have read to date W D D F D D W is the holy grail of schedules we should try to achieve. I have been successful in doing so. I may have to vary the amount one girl receives over the other but, IMHO it is insignificant. I rather have them on the same schedule. My last run, while all my plants minus one were getting 1.5l when fed or watered, one girl only took 1.25l. Insignificant amount when we look at it but, sufficient to play havoc on my schedule by 12-18 hrs. <---- that is significant (in my books)