What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil Schoenmakers RIP

kaochiu

Veteran
I started growing in 81-82, and that means i've been hearing his name since those early days in Ams with Shantibaba and Arjan. Over the time I grew more seeds of his make that i can remember. He does belong to the front row of the cannabis' breeders/growers/users pantheon, 'cos if marijuana would be a religion, surely he'd be one of those pictured in the stained glasses of cathedrals.
Bye Nevil, big thank you.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP. Just accepting this as real now that a day has passed. With him, goes many stories probably never told. :joint:

dank.Frank

ahortator

Veteran
I have just read about his death.

Rest in peace.

All my thoughts for his family and friends.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
RIP. Just accepting this as real now that a day has passed. With him, goes many stories probably never told. :joint:

dank.Frank

Definitely. I was really hoping he'd come out into the lime light. It would have been great to have him tell his side of the story on all the strains that he moved.

Every breeder, grower, or dealer out there has benefited from Nevil's passion. Whether they know it or not.

Ganja 13

Rip Nevil, it was an absolute pleasure to have experienced your cannabis varieties.

Nevil's Haze and Super Silver Haze are and will be considered in the top echelon of cannabis strains for many, many years to come.

The world of cannabis is blessed to grace your work as a breeder.

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
One of those rare people whose work contributed to make the world a better place, RIP Sir :'(

Irie!

Spaventa

Veteran
Sorry to hear this. Nevil created the finest weed I ever smoked, bar none. I thank him for this.
I will smoke some A5 in your memory and smoke some for you too :) rest well brother.

LostTribe

Premium user
Heroes get remembered, but LEGENDS NEVER DIE!

Nevil's memory shall live on for an Eternity!

May the Almighty bless him and take him home.

Very Saddened....Rest Eternally in Peace, Brother.

LostTribe

LostTribe

Premium user
RIP. As a tribute, anyone with Neville's Haze in their stash box, grow it out in his memory.

I am popping and dropping in Nevil's Memory as I type these words. Then I shall put fire to my finest Old Timers Haze in his memory.

picture.php

Just last evening I msg'd l33t about his Nevilles Haze search.

I don't have much space but it seems the right thing to do.

Best to everyone,
LT

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My condolences to his family, friends, and the community. Thanks to him for what he did for the plant and the world.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What's the old clice'? - 'Only the good die young'...

Farewell Nev - maybe meet you in a field of Haze on the other side - one day man.

My most grievous condolences to all his friends and family.

St. Phatty

I've heard about how Reagan helped set the stage for the European breeders by clamping down on the Mexican border.

(Something that seems to happen at the beginning of a lot of Repub. administrations. The most severe grilling I've ever had at the border was in 2001 right after Bush came to office, but before 9-11.)

Anyway, the crimp in supply for Mexican herb worked out OK for American growers.

And at that same time, Neville was applying for the ~$7K small business loan for his new seed business, in the Netherlands.

Neville was really a historical figure.

Spaventa

Veteran
Coincidentally, a few days ago I decided to hunt through at least 30 MNS Nevils haze to see if I can find the same phenotype I found, but lost, in Greenhouse Nevils haze back in 2003. The light green, Christmas tree structure 13 week sparkler with spaced out bud sites and few leaves... the one that when smoked, STUNK of incensey musky heaven at levels that were off the chart. I think this is what NYC haze was.
I was changing my mind but Nevils passing made my mind up. It’s happening grow after next, all my space, light and love will be devoted to finding her, in his memory. I hope Nevil watches over.

Latest posts

Latest posts