What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew - Large scale Greenhouse

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Some of experience in that direction is a must imo.The more knowledge you have, the better you can figure it out how to handle in such a situation than to find a solution on a forum like this, especially when we talk about a space of 300,000 sq ft.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The OP of this thread deleted their account. As soon as they got the free information they were looking for, they left.

Exactly like I said from the very beginning.

dank.Frank

redlaser

Veteran
Although our time together with OP was short, the effects were profound.

We learned, we laughed, we loved, and along the way a few tears were shed.

We are able to move forward now, stronger and wiser, from our shared experiences here.

prune

Veteran
Although our time together with OP was short, the effects were profound.

We learned, we laughed, we loved, and along the way a few tears were shed.

We are able to move forward now, stronger and wiser, from our shared experiences here.

Ya how about that, Huh? Was that mob or herd mentality, IDK, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back, everybody loves them good some old-fashioned lynching these days...

redlaser

Veteran
What’s up prune. I think you caught me trying to be a sarcastic smartass. . I was attempting to be funny in a thread that had lost its humor.

I think you are referring to the less than welcoming attitude the OP received, mostly because of where they worked.

Myself I don’t mind sharing info, it’s all out there anyway, I didn’t invent it.

If someone’s running a few hundred thousand sq ft on advice of one person on a website, I’d call that a long shot

Limeygreen

Veteran
Actinovate has unspecified other ingredients is why it had to be pulled if i recall correctly. I personally don't like the product. Something like rhapsody works well for many crops with potassium bicarbonate mixed (milstop minus the spreader stickers and price tag) 1 gramme per litre generally speaking is the rate. This is used preventative in vegetable crops and works great as long as you are controlling your environment as well, it gives you high microbial counts is the problem as it is a bacteria. It is not registered on cannabis either, I couldn't see a problem in vegetative stage myself, but I cannot recommend it as it is not registered.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The OP of this thread deleted their account. As soon as they got the free information they were looking for, they left.

Exactly like I said from the very beginning.

dank.Frank

maybe he left because some of U were a bunch of dickheads to him ??

gotnoname

Actinovate has unspecified other ingredients is why it had to be pulled if i recall correctly. I personally don't like the product. Something like rhapsody works well for many crops with potassium bicarbonate mixed (milstop minus the spreader stickers and price tag) 1 gramme per litre generally speaking is the rate. This is used preventative in vegetable crops and works great as long as you are controlling your environment as well, it gives you high microbial counts is the problem as it is a bacteria. It is not registered on cannabis either, I couldn't see a problem in vegetative stage myself, but I cannot recommend it as it is not registered.

Looks promising thank you !

I heard/seen lot of cannabis grower getting massive budrot in greenhouse (in ontario and quebec) and had some that I was not able to control which force to harvest earlier.

What have you seen/done/heard that works against budrot in greenhouse ?

(I know rh can be reduce be heating at night, dehumidifying, and proper HAF)

Limeygreen

Veteran
I haven't personally grown cannabis in greenhouses in ontario (only Vegetables), I have heard from people who have or who visit multiple greenhouse and grow cannabis themselves for decades. They have been recommending to aim for smaller tops and different varieties as well as canopy management to have better airflow.

In my opinion, dense flowers in summer in ontario is asking for problems, the foxtailing is a positive trait for open flowers with less chance of rot or botrytis so there are lots of varieties that fit that bill but most have not done any selections, short term solution is stockpile in the winter months more of the dense flowers and the looser flowers grow in the summer until proper selections are made to deal with the environment as well as proper environmental control and variety selections.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Attachments

• gallery_39324_1918_48745.jpg
    gallery_39324_1918_48745.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 49

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe he left because some of U were a bunch of dickheads to him ??

It's pretty dickish to take a job you can't do either. Especially when that jobs fundamental product is marketed to the public at large for internal consumption!

I'm pretty sure DF is correct in his assumption.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really? Why isn’t it allowed? Seems completely harmless to me. It only takes one application in early veg

We have a very short list of approved crop control in Canada. Coupled with clowns like the OP explains why they hide Nova above the ceiling tiles.

led05

Chasing The Present
My 2 cents for the OP

If you are one of the behind the scenes consultants I see it going two ways.

Have a killer grow and get little respect as the "Grow Team" pats themselves on the back.

or

The grow goes to shit and the "Grow Team" blames the internal consultants and their lack of direction to correct the ship.

If this grow goes south your reputation in the grow industry is over. Including future employment in another large grow op.

With the humidity problems in this greenhouse there should have been and IPM in place. Playing catch up on this run isn't going to happen.

By the sound and desperation in your first post the grow isn't going to end good at harvest. Take what respect you have now and get away from this ship. The iceberg has hit. It will save your name for future grow opportunities.

Just out of curiosity for all the experts in this thread and maybe some of their fanboys too. What general range would you suggest for vegging or flowering plants within a greenhouse? I'd suggest the %'s quoted here are not the OP's main issues unless those swings occur over a very short period of time - lack of light, poor air flow, piss poor VPD (obviously I know humidity is a piece to this equation), poor cultural practices and wrong strains are mostly to blame.... High humidity and temps and plants go gangbusters in a GH, adequate lighting a must.....

But Fk me to ask for help as a consultant in here.... This guy just got every bit of hate out there for all the LP's dumped on his plate, to me this thread almost sounds trollish out the gates and man did panties get all wadded up over it - chilllll, share what you know or don't - the condescending pompous piss poor attitude along the way is tiresome - even if the points made are correct....

Absolem my comments aren't directed at you btw per se, just referencing the humidity piece is all.......

Cheers

Last edited:

chronic82

It was authorized for cannabis until recently in Canada

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/chemical-free-cannabis-canada-biological-pesticides

Had budrot due to high Rh at night, applied actinovate before any signs of botritys and didnt help at all. (in a greenhouse)
No where on the label does it says it’s effective against botritys. I don’t think there is anything on the market that’s effective against botritys. Powdery mildew and budrot are 2 totally different problems