What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Bliss limited edition

G

The 1950's style microphone was a quote from Dubi from the first page ;) and yes, she has the potential for high yields, at least for a Sativa.

She behaves a little weird with her blooming ... I had this one for far to long in a 0.5 liter cup and afterwards in a 3 liter pot. She started heavy preflowering because of being rootbound. This wouldn't stop even after uppotting her to 14 liter. But I also was on a 15/9 light schedule.
After switching to 12/12 she started real flowering quiet fast.

I live around 50°N in Central / Northern Europe and will try a cross to Lebanese and Hokkaido with my own Zamal Bliss BX next year to try to narrow down those early flower onset traits for outdoors.
I thought about the Hokkaido for a more robust growth, so the plants can withstand the autumn storms.
Probably Dubi can give us a qualified advise?

My humble opinion is that crossing with hemp is counterproductive,unless looking for full cbd lines...Lebanese is a better candidate for sure,erdpurt too.

Why should hemp be more preferred than a nice worked auto (rudy) anyway?:tiphat:

My humble opinion is that crossing with hemp is counterproductive,unless looking for full cbd lines...Lebanese is a better candidate for sure,erdpurt too.

Why should hemp be more preferred than a nice worked auto (rudy) anyway?:tiphat:

Cause i don‘t like ruderalis, i always have headaches the next day when i tried theese autos.
:bashhead:

Zamal Bliss

Zamal Bliss

Week 8 is done and she keeps throwing new pistils. I think 3 to 4 more weeks to go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Übersicht 18.08.2019.jpg
    Übersicht 18.08.2019.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 51

The Hatter

Veteran
I live around 50°N in Central / Northern Europe and will try a cross to Lebanese and Hokkaido with my own Zamal Bliss BX next year to try to narrow down those early flower onset traits for outdoors.
I thought about the Hokkaido for a more robust growth, so the plants can withstand the autumn storms.

Dubi is definitely the man to ask for advice when it comes to breeding. I'm just a pollen chucker myself, but I think if I were attempting to fix earlier flowering and cold/storm resistance into the strain I would probably cross it with Nep Jam.

Nep Jam has all those traits you are looking for and crossing it with a couple good short flowering Nep Jam males should produce more stable results than if you were to out cross it with a completely different strain or even if you were to make an F2 generation. Personally I would avoid crossing it with hemp.

Your plan to make an F2 is solid just be aware that its a bit counter intuitive in that F2s often produce a wider variety of phenos than the original F1 generation so be prepared to weed out any super long flowering Zamal phenos if you go that route.

If you are looking to retain the super clear, upbeat effects maybe consider crossing with Bangi Haze?

That's a beautiful plant you've raised. Nice work.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a beauty Zamal Bliss, Sarayidoja :)

She is developing great and obviously enjoying a lot your good cares and environment. A pitty the Zamal Bliss x Mauritius/Ethiopian polyhybrid became males, but glad you managed to pollinate again your Zamal Bliss female with their pollen for a backcross ;)

Despite being a backcross, you can expect more variation in your seeds compared with original Zamal Bliss F1, and most probably wilder, lankier sativa phenos of more tropical behaviour. But i bet effects will be interesting and offspring worth to explore.

Regarding suggestions to outcross Zamal Bliss to produce a hybrid that has the chances to finish outdoors at your latitude. You obviously will need to cross her with an auto or semiautoflowering strain to maximize chances to succeed. Syd is right, i won't explore the Hokkaido Japan route unless you want to 'hempfied' your line. Lebanese for the sativa path and ErdPurt for the indica would be my recommendations.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your Zamal Blisses are doing great as well StrongTree!
and their perfect health are a sign of your talent and intuition to recognize their needs and to provide them the right feeding accordingly. Good times ahead! :)

Zamal Bliss Harvest

Zamal Bliss Harvest

In the middle / end of week 12 of flowering the rest of her got harvested.

attachment.php

Buds and Trichomes looked ready.

attachment.php

Regarding suggestions to outcross Zamal Bliss to produce a hybrid that has the chances to finish outdoors at your latitude. You obviously will need to cross her with an auto or semiautoflowering strain to maximize chances to succeed. Syd is right, i won't explore the Hokkaido Japan route unless you want to 'hempfied' your line. Lebanese for the sativa path and ErdPurt for the indica would be my recommendations.

Thanks, i‘ll go the Lebanese route in that case.

Attachments

• 267F3C35-89B3-499D-935E-25D091B8AAAE.jpg
    267F3C35-89B3-499D-935E-25D091B8AAAE.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 49
  • BC911E3D-D7BC-44FF-8F06-3BE3C2E7A397.jpg
    BC911E3D-D7BC-44FF-8F06-3BE3C2E7A397.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 54

StrongTree

ZB1 @ 10 weeks - some lower branches are starting to show brown pistils. but still flowering vigorously...resins are developing...

picture.php

picture.php

ZB2 @ 9 weeks - maturing rapidly - top flowers are are hard and sticky... flowering is slowing --resins are sticky gummy...sandal wood / citrus
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Sarayidoja,

Guess you have most probably already harvested your Zamal Bliss. Congrats! :)

When the bud leaves start to die in that way before the plant is ripen, it's usually because there's a problem in the roots, most of the times due to root fungus or overwatering.

In the middle / end of week 12 of flowering the rest of her got harvested.

View Image

Buds and Trichomes looked ready.

View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great gardending job, StrongTree :tiphat:

She is getting chunkier and chunkier at the end of flowering and she still retains great health so looks like she is going to finish up at her full potential. :yes:

paisajedehierba

Sep-28-2019_challanging weather for ZamBl

Sep-28-2019_challanging weather for ZamBl

The two plants, that are advanced in flowering stage, had to handle many rainfalls the last days and a storm yesterday. ZamBl 2 layed flat on the ground when I visited them. It was no problem to errect her:).

ZamBl 1 has been unaffected. Some branches of ZamBl 2 had to tuck into the mud. Nevertheless there is no mold visible. The smell of the flowers/resin is a bit more intense then I found it today on Zam x KC. I would describe it as slighlty tart and resinous. There is also resin on the bracts. Despite many flowers are seeded at their bases (pollinated by ((MTxAI) x Zam) I hope for the start of a final reflowering soon (the "1950`s mircophone style") and a finsh in third week of October.

Attachments

• 28-09-2019 ZamBL  2_height 2,5m_after a stormy night.jpg
    28-09-2019 ZamBL 2_height 2,5m_after a stormy night.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_erected.jpg
    Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_erected.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_bud jungle 2.jpg
    Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_bud jungle 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_already juicy bud.jpg
    Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 2_already juicy bud.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 1_height 2,6m.jpg
    Sep-28-2019_ZamBl 1_height 2,6m.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 42
  • Sep-13-2019_ZamBl 2_seeded flower.jpg
    Sep-13-2019_ZamBl 2_seeded flower.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hi Sarayidoja,

Guess you have most probably already harvested your Zamal Bliss. Congrats! :)
Thanks! I harvested about 180 gram from her.
When the bud leaves start to die in that way before the plant is ripen, it's usually because there's a problem in the roots, most of the times due to root fungus or overwatering.
I‘m not really sure what happend. It started after a couple of really hot days with 33 degrees and abouve in the growroom where she needed more water than usual. After those days everything went back to normal but she started to show sings of overfeeding ...
The problem with full organic earth is, i don‘t fertilise while growing, i just tap-water the soil with ~4liters every 4 to 5 days (~14 liters pot).
The roots looked good. I suppose the heat started some microbical reaction in the soil i‘ll never understand.

Thanks for your help and the genetics! Do you have any plans to release a pure Zamal line in the future? Something like Purple Zamal x Gerrits Cut maybe?