What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing some Ganja

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i think those musheooms are leucocoprinus birnbaumii. or another sp. in that genus.

cool! lovin this grow

Anjey

Looks stunning TB nice to see her outside!

Thanks for the id attempt nepalnt I am curious to know. Thanks for stopping by

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's an interesting Zamaldelica pheno Anjey ;)
with unmistakable Zamal/Thai traits and not so much evident Malawi influence so far.

Best wishes for the flowering stage!

Anjey

Hi all,
Thanks for writing Dubi, she is really an intense plant. I put our Z4 into flowering and grossly underestimated its power of growth. Been struggling to keep the canopy down, thinking I am cutting down so much and there is just no end in sight and she explodes with growth again. Anyhow good learning opportunity for my first Scrog, I am sure we will make for a better performance next time:
picture.php

We put 4/6 of the Juanita / Panama into flowering. One is outside because it had some glossy unhealthy looking leaves. Another damped off as a youngsters but we cloned her above the damped off site so we have clones of all. They are nice plants with funny floppy projections of branches. One is growing taller and flowering slower than the others, but she also has a very rich smell that reminds me of the Revolution from Reggae Seeds I grew a while back. They are not the easiest to get pics of now, they will be cleaned up soon and I'll get some more.
picture.php

Outdoors, here is a cute Leb x Fast Zamal boy who is flowering nice and early. Our pure leb was well into flowering but almost completely succumbed to mold. We have already had nights at 8c and a good bit of rain. And critically, the spot we are growing only gets about 6 hours of light a day, has marginal soil, and is adjacent to a forest with damp breeze flowing down as well as a good bit of pest pressure. So not really circumstances for success:

picture.php

deepwaterdude

Hi all,
Thanks for writing Dubi, she is really an intense plant. I put our Z4 into flowering and grossly underestimated its power of growth. Been struggling to keep the canopy down, thinking I am cutting down so much and there is just no end in sight and she explodes with growth again. Anyhow good learning opportunity for my first Scrog, I am sure we will make for a better performance next time:
View Image

We put 4/6 of the Juanita / Panama into flowering. One is outside because it had some glossy unhealthy looking leaves. Another damped off as a youngsters but we cloned her above the damped off site so we have clones of all. They are nice plants with funny floppy projections of branches. One is growing taller and flowering slower than the others, but she also has a very rich smell that reminds me of the Revolution from Reggae Seeds I grew a while back. They are not the easiest to get pics of now, they will be cleaned up soon and I'll get some more.
View Image

Outdoors, here is a cute Leb x Fast Zamal boy who is flowering nice and early. Our pure leb was well into flowering but almost completely succumbed to mold. We have already had nights at 8c and a good bit of rain. And critically, the spot we are growing only gets about 6 hours of light a day, has marginal soil, and is adjacent to a forest with damp breeze flowing down as well as a good bit of pest pressure. So not really circumstances for success:

View Image

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69262&pictureid=1970625&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Yep, crazy scrog in your future;) And I want a cut of that coffee plant! (If thats what it is)

Anjey

Thanks DWD :) it is exciting. Was just catching up on your thread those plants you harvested look amazing, also looks like nice timber frame. You're not in Maine are you? That plant I snuck in is a old native chile variety we got seeds from in southern Mexico.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Anjey,

Glad to see you gave a chance to some of the outdoor early flowering lines we offer like ErdPurt and Auto Malawi x NL. Both look juicy and resinous in your pics ;)

Sorry to hear the lebanese didn't perform well in your climate ... as we state in the official description of the strain, our lebanese works best in hot and dry climates like in its place of origin,
it has not been selected yet for many generations or adapted to perform well in rainy climates, like the Leb27 from Denmark does.

I think you liked the Zamaldelica x Kali China finished product.
What's your opinion on the other strains you have recently finished from us
(Snow Moon, Zamaldelica Z4, Red Sapphire, Golden Tiger, etc ...) ?

Curious to follow your progresses with Juanita x Panama fem hybrid.
As you corrently pointed out, most Reggae Seeds strains are Diesel based rich CBD strains, and the Diesel terpene profile is quite dominant in hybrids, so maybe the smell of the Juanita x Panama hybrid is familiar to you, although Panama Goddess is also quite dominant in hybrids with her terpene profile so there should be also evident Panama influence in the aromas of the hybrid, in one or other way.

Wish the indoor jungle with Zamaldelica Z4 mother is flowering nicely :)

Anjey

Hi Dubi, funny I was going to post today and I have been thinking about writing out more descriptions on how I am seeing your different strains.

Here is the Erdpurt finishing up, this one is seeded and showing no mold and very fragrant:

picture.php
picture.php

Next Snow Moon:

picture.php
picture.php

Anjey

A cross - some variant of Zamal/SnowMoon/Leb, we have it labeled as a ZxSM branch but it could have been Leb too. Looking pretty though and nice structure.

picture.php

Here is a Red Sapphire that was green indoors, lovely green apple aroma on this one:
picture.php
picture.php

Anjey

My thoughts on the strains we have tried so far, and just a quick note again about our outdoor space, ~6 hours of sun a day low fertility soil near a forest with root competition and moist air. So is a good test to see how things can do in this climate.

Zamaldelica - our Z4 is in our opinion a glorious plant, her smell fills up space, her resin glistens on her stacked calyxes with dark orange hairs. Heartbeat increases with this plant, certainly a bit racy but not anxiously so. Excellent for movement, not great for relaxation, strong but not overwhelmingly so. Long flowering time, not sure how long, tremendous vigor and stretch, very high yield.

ZxKali - like you said we love this plant. Our favorite pheno is very vigorous and very strong weed with a dense effect that doesn't make you sleepy but definitely makes you high. Made very sticky black wonderful hash.

Snow Moon - lovely. Great range of effects and smells. Made very relaxing but again not knock-you-out hash. Is doing well in our climate (44N-Coastalish) outdoors so far, could certainly be selected easily to do well here outside.

Leb - Didn't get to try too much of this. Like you said not for this climate, but I do believe it could be bred to succeed here readily. Some great smells and structures to be found.

Golden Tiger - Didn't give this one close to its fulfillment of potential, but it was nice. Some impressively large nugs were made. One pheno had a great smell, the other two were okay. Decently strong. Honestly because of our Zam Z4 the Golden Tigers we got didn't really match up quality wise but I expect certain phenos are superb.

Red Sapphire - Decently high yields, some stunning aesthetically nug. Very high frost production, all phenos covered in resin. We did not get very nice smelling phenos. The green one pictured above has the nicest green apple. Nice relaxing effect. Would potentially grow the green pheno out again but we culled our red clones mostly because of taste, while the aesthetic is lovely and the high is nice.

Erpurt - tried a little so far and some great diesely notes here too taste wise, relaxing effect on the body and mind. Erdpurt/Snow Moon hybrids grown outdoor in our climate with a moderate CBD/THC balance tincture/edible seems like a lovely medicine for some of the modern ails of most.

Juanita - growing away! Ended up being very sativa dominant as Dubi has said the Sativas tend to dominate. I didn't expect such a strong stretch, I missed a couple days and they had grown over a foot it seemed and then I thought they were done but they were not. So they are quite close the the light and I had to trim some nice nug sites. I'll get pictures soon. But they are extremely vigorous, great smelling, and exciting. Our indoor grow room is filled up again, nice to see.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Anjey for your early smoke reports on the different strains. :yes:
Much appreciated!

Your Zamaldelica Z4 has the orange pistils clearly related to Zamaldelica elite mother, probably you will find some similarities in her fruity terpenes with Zamaldelica x Kali China hybrid, which as you correctly pointed out is an excellent hybrids for hash and extractions :)

Glad you are enjoying with Snow Moon complex terpenes and with her high quality and pleasant hashplant indica effects, yet not couch lock. A cross between ErdPurt and Snow Moon should indeed produce a very interesting cross, with great afghani, pakistani and chinese hashplant indica genetics, hopefully with CBD chemotypes you are seeking. The Lebanese/Snow Moon cross looks very Snow Moon dominant, but slightly more sativa.

Sorry to hear the Golden Tiger and Red Sapphire didn't fully satisfied you ... a good Zamaldelica coming from Zamaldelica elite has much more interesting fruity terpenes than most GTs and cleaner uplifting effects ... although a good and well cured GT pheno is seriously Trip Weed as our friend Thai Bliss like to call them. Wish the green Red Sapphire apple smelling pheno is more of your taste.

Eager to follow your progresses on the new Juanita x Panama hybrid ;)

Anjey

Hey, yes the Zam x KC has a very interesting fruity terpene mix smell that is very related to Z4. Been smoking the Erdpurt it has been really nice strong effect relaxing euphoric and excellent strong smell and taste. Regarding the GT and RS I am definitely more than satisfied by all your genetics :). Clearly amazing phenos in the GT. I think I was just very impressed with Z4 at the time. I have seeds from the earlier flowering lower stretch strong smell and resin pheno and two nice GT boys to try again in the future. And the RS has some of the highest resin production of all strains I have. The green is very oily and nice fragrance outdoor I think would be nice for extract. Also so far excellent mold tolerance, the best out of all plants along with Snow Moon, very little bud rot. Erdpurt had a little more bud rot than those two but an isolated nug or two quite resilient, and again was rough conditions.

Bangi:

picture.php

picture.php

Clone outdoor of a medium flower time ZKC1 pheno from earlier:
picture.php

Snowmoon x fast Zamal boy

picture.php

Anjey

Snowmoon x Leb. This pic is from after a frost the same morning. Had no visible rot until after frost where a little was damaged. Pretty strong vigor and resilience and beautiful, light fruity carroty smell.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

These are the Bluedigiberry, I have 3 males I will pollinate Z4.

Anjey

Juanita la Lagrimosa x Panama

I pulled out the original plants. The stretch got the best of me and they were too close to the light. Restarting sooner seemed like the most efficient response.

Three different plants: The back most(#3), the middle left (#2) and the middle right and closest are the same (#5)

picture.php

Back (#3)
picture.php

Middle left (#2)

picture.php

Last edited:

Anjey

Thanks DWD you kind great grower.

Fun additions to the bed over the summer. Sheep wool, seaweed, vermicompost. We did close on 32 acres of bare land a few days ago so soon after a year of this grow we will be moving and restartikg, renting another place while we get the land liveable for winter. But hopefully lots of good ganja growing to come.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update and the positive feedback Anjey!

Glad to hear you are enjoying with the finished product of your Zamaldelica x Kali China and Erdpurt, and that after the curing you appreciating more and more your Golden Tiger and Red Sapphire phenos.

The Snow Moon x Lebanese is a true beauty ;) Great job you did producing this cross!
There's definitely great breeding potential with the Pakistani/Lebanese combinations .... The Lebanese can contribute with her interesting CBD content, earlier flowering onset outdoors and bigger cola flowering structures, while PCK can contribute with her great mold resistance, amazing colors and terpene profiles, both adding great heat and drought resistance for outdoor growing.

A pleasure to follow your indoor and outdoor endeavours! :yes:

Anjey

Hey all,
Things didn't go great with this run, we went away for a couple days and the dehumidifier messed up, powdery mildew exploded in that super dense zamal bed, bummer.
Anyhow we are in the process of moving closer to our land which we'll move onto next summer. Will continue a little indoor this winter and progress into this summer and beyond. I'll post updates when I have them.