Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > a question about wide-spread hemp...

Thread Title Search
a question about wide-spread hemp... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 02:38 PM #11
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
dang stuff grows wild everywhere around Rantoul Il. i've seen it growing between railroad rails before. mind you, it only gets about a foot high before a train stunts its growth...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:20 PM #12
Drewsif

Drewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of lightDrewsif is a glorious beacon of light
I bet Monsanto was behind the push for hemp legalization. Now they gonna sell everyone sterile feminized seeds to avoid pollination. Ocasio-Cortez will ban indoor growing, forcing everyone into this hemp pollen situation. Its all a conspiracy man.

"But Brawndo's got what plants crave."
Drewsif is online now Quote

Old 03-05-2019, 06:44 AM #13
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
dang stuff grows wild everywhere around Rantoul Il. i've seen it growing between railroad rails before. mind you, it only gets about a foot high before a train stunts its growth...
Training?

I will get my coat.
f-e is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:02 AM #14
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
I think he tryna say the stuff growing there is Trainwreck.

gimme three steps
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2019, 07:11 AM #15
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
To give you a clue how far pollen can reasonably fly.

A study was done a while back by Ernest Small and Tanya Antle in Ottawa, Canada called:

A Preliminary Study of Pollen Dispersal in Cannabis sativa in Relation to Wind Direction

Abstract

Pollen of Cannabis sativa is disseminated by wind in large amounts and for long distances, and regulations concerning the production of pedigreed seed of industrial hemp, therefore, often call for extremely large isolation distances to prevent unwanted pollination. In Europe and Canada, a standard distance of 5 km is required for the highest classes of hemp seed. This study examines the relative distribution of pollen from an isolated field over the 3-week maximum flowering period, with particular reference to wind direction. The amount of pollen distributed downwind was about six times the amount distributed upwind. In effect, this means that an isolation distance of 5 km on the downwind side is about equivalent to an isolation distance of 0.9 km on the upwind side. In theory, at the experimental site examined, the required isolation area could be reduced by about 58% while still achieving the equivalent of 5 km isolation in all directions. Given that weedy and illegally cultivated plants are widespread, making it difficult to ensure their absence over a distance of 5 km, it seems advisable, when possible, to take advantage of the considerably reduced isolation distance that is necessary on the upwind side. Pollen distribution appeared to follow the expected leptokurtic curve, reducing rapidly with initial distance from the source, but much more slowly with increasing distance. This makes it impossible to guarantee complete absence of potentially contaminating pollen in the field and, for practical purposes, a very low amount of undesired gene flow needs to be tolerated.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:49 AM #16
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
I think they were smoking it Troutman.
f-e is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2019, 12:12 AM #17
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
Then it's time to seed bomb those locations with regular seed and bring the hemp quality up

This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 03-06-2019, 01:24 AM #18
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

good idea, Tychomonolyth! set out shitloads of high THC variant males & tell them "SIC 'EM, boy..."

Old 03-06-2019, 02:25 AM #19
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Then it's time to seed bomb those locations with regular seed and bring the hemp quality up
Be quiet I don't want them to know ahead of time.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:34 PM #20
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud ofdelta9nxs has much to be proud of
Smile

actually, outdoor hemp farmers prefer to use feminized seed in which only about 1 out of 4000 is male. they look for those and try to eliminate them as soon as possible.

the ones who are not using feminized seed diligently walk their fields in weeks 5 and 6 to eliminate all males before they throw pollen. this is to keep extraction yield up.

this is for cbd oil extraction which is what most hemp farmers in the U.S. are growing for.

hemp farmers growing for fiber will usually take all plants before pollination can occur so they pose little threat as well.

it is the ones growing for seed that you have to worry about as they will just let everything go full course until harvest.

but so far few farmers in north america are growing for seed as the chinese have a strong presence in the seed for food market.
delta9nxs is offline Quote