Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil

Thread Title Search
Real OLD SCHOOL - Cherry Oil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2019, 07:29 PM #91
axle2u

axle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the rough

a typical close up, bud shot, developing week 5ish

my fav bud shot above,
note the creamy tone, and just a touch pinkish color,
bud developing.....she does look like, or reminds me of icecream

some nice colas are developing in my grow cabinet
check my latest album, for more pics

be kind, and rewind....lol
ya, remember way back when....

-axle b robotish (at times)

Last edited by axle2u; 04-21-2019 at 07:40 PM..
axle2u is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:39 AM #92
axle2u

axle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the rough
here is some interesting affects
of using AC to chill my plants at night (indoor)
to produce extra resin....

plants are tricked into thinking frost is coming, and produce extra resin to protect themselves from frost, note the pink and reds, in the trichome stalks....

used a 30 power jewllers loop attached to cell ph, to snap pics of triches, note the red thread running up the stalk of trichome

[IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=
80574&pictureid=1954993[/IMG]

pretty cool trick.....lol

axle robot
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 03:00 AM #93
yahooman

yahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of light
do you think its possible that old cherry oil had some kind of cherry extract or flavoring in it?that would explain the color as well
yahooman is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 03:34 AM #94
axle2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooman View Post
do you think its possible that old cherry oil had some kind of cherry extract or flavoring in it?that would explain the color as well

nope, its all about the right material,
and the right recipe (chemical reactions, ph balance, ect)

that much I am sure of,
I have read about a type of acid used to alter the ph balance of extract, and it supposedly produces a red oil...

you cant just flavor it, like a slurpie....haha
awh, wish ya could tho....

axle
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 07:47 PM #95
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
Axle2u,

I think you are on the right track with CB. I seriously doubt that any Lebby is going to have the cherry taste you are seeking.

On another note, from your pictures it looks like you have a 'green' phenome as compared to the 'red stem' phenome. the red stem is supposed to have more of the cherry cough drop taste. But from the tricome pictures you may have the cherry in there somewhere. I would bet our friend Mr. G could elaborate about that.

I would, when ready, harvest and cure it for at least three months. Then get some bags and shake it with some of the pelletized dry ice. When you have your pile then it is time to go find an electric burner, for safety. I would mix the kief with the best highest proof alcohol you can find then slowly cook it. With alcohol you don't want flame anywhere near it. I would try it in small batches experimenting until you get where you want to go.

Best of luck. Oh, and thank god you kept a male. These seeds are hard to find and Swami's prices are a little out of my comfort zone.
grayeyes is online now Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 08:13 PM #96
yahooman

yahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of lightyahooman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2u View Post
nope, its all about the right material,
and the right recipe (chemical reactions, ph balance, ect)

that much I am sure of,
I have read about a type of acid used to alter the ph balance of extract, and it supposedly produces a red oil...

you cant just flavor it, like a slurpie....haha
awh, wish ya could tho....

axle
why not?you easily could if the flavoring was oil based....

Old 07-07-2019, 08:24 PM #97
Mr. Greengenes
Re-incarnated Senior Member

Mr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud ofMr. Greengenes has much to be proud of
Really nice pics axle2u!

Old 07-07-2019, 08:39 PM #98
mr underhill

mr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nicemr underhill is just really nice
Before cannabis alchemy came out there was a paperback booklet circulating called "the red oil report"
the process required distilled acetone or petroleum ether, carbon powders for removing waxes and tolunes and involved the addition of water and freezing to the process before the final separation and distilling into oil
The process produced red or light amber product and one of the tricks to add flavor was to also add an amount of cherry brandy to the solution before final distillation.
I don't remember all the details of the process but I did help with a few big oil runs back in the day.
mr underhill is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2019, 08:54 PM #99
yahooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr underhill View Post
Before cannabis alchemy came out there was a paperback booklet circulating called "the red oil report"
the process required distilled acetone or petroleum ether, carbon powders for removing waxes and tolunes and involved the addition of water and freezing to the process before the final separation and distilling into oil
The process produced red or light amber product and one of the tricks to add flavor was to also add an amount of cherry brandy to the solution before final distillation.
I don't remember all the details of the process but I did help with a few big oil runs back in the day.
i bet that red oil would sell for big bucks now!!!

Old 07-09-2019, 02:43 AM #100
axle2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr underhill View Post

this is a very interesting post, thank you....
if you can think of anything more, that might help derive a recipe
I would be extremely grateful...

it seems like a lost art.....
currently, I as well as everyone here...ontario
has no access to food grade ethanol or everclear...
the govrnmt here, doesn't allow, however in alberta and quebec
you can buy everclear...

I am working on getting a gov. permit tho
and if im lucky enough to be "allowed" to buy food grade ethanol
then I would be inclined to try the cherry brandy as well...
very interesting approach, alcohol and ethanol...working in tandem
it does seem possible, perhaps

thank you sir.....

-axle b. robot
axle2u is offline Quote