Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018

Thread Title Search
Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2018, 05:02 PM #11
hamstring

hamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
Hamstring, my natural soil is rock hard clay and scoria. The small heater is for heat only. I haven't had any humidity issues yet. Good fans and ventilation keep it about right. I do have a regular propane furnace. It should be installed before fall. I will certainly share my experiences with you on greenhouse growing. I'm still learning, but it has been good so far. Peace brother
Ok thanks for the info. Loo forward to watching your progress.
hamstring is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:22 PM #12
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Here we go!
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2018, 05:34 PM #13
poochlover711

poochlover711 is on a distinguished road
I have a setup that is close to your GH. I did one thing different by putting down 3 yards of compost for the floor. The plants were never hungry all season and practically burned the green house down from the inside with all the flame that came out of it. GG4,Chem and Sour D all came out better than ever. Nice job sir
poochlover711 is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 02:56 AM #14
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Poochlover711, I actually have a plan along those lines.
I feel I need to refine my soil recycling more before I take that step. I will have a better idea of what I need after this season. I like the way you think.
Peace brother
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2018, 01:28 AM #15
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Seeds soaking, bags are ready.

Hello all,
I have the seeds soaking in Humic Source Plus and water on a heat pad. I'm not trying to germinate them fully. I will pull the seeds out in the morning and place in final grow bags. They are just being warmed and hydrated after being in the genetics freezer.

Holes in a 45 gallon root pouch grow bag.

35 gallon single hole bag filled with starter mix for seedlings. I'm not a fan of transplanting, (not real gentle by nature).

I used vitamin containers to keep track of strains. Each has a separate color and day for each strain.

All the bags are labeled and waiting for the seeds. I have been watering the bags for a few days now. Hoping the microbial life will get a little start before the seeds germinate. The potting soil is lighter than the bag soil. When the seedlings grow out into the bags they will already have the higher nutrients they will need without any transplanting shock.

I did double up two of the Lebanese plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. This freed up one grow bag for another strain. I really wanted to add an Original Sour Diesel to the line up. The 45 gallon Root Pouch bags are all double planted as well.

They are all like strains in same bags. The Purple PCK x Panama and the Green PCK x Panama are in a single 45 gallon grow bag. I would like to have them all single planted this season, I just couldn't get all the strains I wanted in that way.

I hope all of you have a great weekend and grow this summer.
Peace

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:54 PM #16
Nancee

Nancee will become famous soon enough
Great little space you have there. How do you find the grow bags?
Nancee is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2018, 07:55 AM #17
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Nancee, this is only the second season with these bags. So far I really like them. Reusable, strong and no root issues from binding or excess moisture retention. Incredible root mass in every bag last season. They are 35 and 45 gallon grow bags. One or two plants per bag and they do very well all season. I did plant three plants in two bags last season. They used up the available nutrients quickly and didn't grow evenly. One large plant and two runts. I really like them overall.

Have a great week. Peace

Old 04-30-2018, 03:55 PM #18
Hemphrey Bogart

Hemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to beholdHemphrey Bogart is a splendid one to behold
Awesome greenhouse, FL! Lots of things being done right here.

Only thing I might do different at this point is to start a cover crop in each pot before transplanting. This ensures you’ve already warmed up the engine before the plants take a seat. To each his own though...you gotta do what works for you.

I’ve also heard that planting beneficial insect plants like marigolds near the trees will help with insect suppression/diversion, but I have no direct experience using them myself...just taking in observations from others.

Speaking of trees, how tall is that ceiling, FL? Some of those varieties I see on your list are gonna be big girls for sure...you’ll be crawling around in there to prune in no time, lol. You could always top them, I suppose.

Best of luck on the season!

HB.
Hemphrey Bogart is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2018, 06:14 PM #19
ULMW

ULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud ofULMW has much to be proud of
Greetings FarmerLion. Pray you and your family are well. Lovely selection you have in the green house this year. Pray you have a great grow season and enjoy all the stages along the way. Peace, Love and Happy Growing!!!
ULMW is offline Quote

Old 05-02-2018, 02:31 AM #20
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

ULMW, always great to hear from you brother. Waiting for the seeds to come up. Right after I placed them in soil it cooled down, rained and became overcast. Prayers and best wishes for you and your family too.

Hemphry Bogart, check out grow bag in post 15, no transplanting. Ceiling is 10', plants can be 8' before they are in the roof. I did top a couple plants last season. I'm not a big fan of it myself. Our flowering times are so short with natural light. I didn't have any benefit by topping. Counting stress recovery week. Side branches were a little heavier but overall weight between two Michoacan Creams was a couple grams. Topped plant was 6 grams heavier but didn't have the frost of the untopped plant. I did top about a week before flowering started, it wasn't planned just something to do and observe.
As far as bugs go. I introduce bugs into the greenhouse on a schedule four weeks into the vegetative cycle. Peace