Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Xtractor Depot

Thread Title Search
Xtractor Depot Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2016, 04:34 PM #21
Old Gold

Old Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really niceOld Gold is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
I could use a 3" and 2" hopper, but I haven't even used those columns for like a year now.

How much material does a 6"x36" column hold?

Yeah, I almost turned an old 3" x 36" into molecular seive haha. 2" column?! What a hassle..
I haven't packed it full of nugs yet, but the 6" x 36" held 8lbs of finer trim. I usually get aound 4.5lbs in there.
Old Gold is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:48 PM #22
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gold View Post
Yeah, I almost turned an old 3" x 36" into molecular seive haha. 2" column?! What a hassle..
I haven't packed it full of nugs yet, but the 6" x 36" held 8lbs of finer trim. I usually get aound 4.5lbs in there.
ya 2" is the 1lb tube, at this point it's useless to bother with the time and effort required to run a lb and get the small amount that collects in the pot.

my 4x36 column holds 4lbs of bud if I either pack it tightly or grind it up before packing.

I'd like to get something to let me maybe run through 6lbs at a time. But i'd be happy being able to dump 4lbs in without having to pack it at all.

Like I mentioned in a couple of other threads, I've got some stuff I'm trying to get out of the way and then I might just upgrade my CLS to something bigger/newer/better.
BigJohnny is offline Quote

Old 02-29-2016, 10:06 PM #23
TheArchitect

TheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really nice
received my order today.

it was packaged very well, all male threaded components had thread protectors, the collection pot and jacketed platter were protected with fabric similar to smart pots.

quality looks to be good, i disassembled the 1/2" ball valves to clean and they are nice, the ss is nice and polished, fittings look good.

all around i would do business with them again, they have great prices on a few things, shipping was quick and components are of satisfactory quality.

sorry pics are sideways.

saturated media extract for soil testing

Quote:
I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air – that progress made under the shadow of the policeman’s club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave.
Henry Louis Mencken
TheArchitect is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2016, 02:59 AM #24
errl-is-a-myth

errl-is-a-myth is on a distinguished road
RE the platter:are the jacket ports set one towards the top, one on bottom, so it will drain?
errl-is-a-myth is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2016, 03:40 AM #25
TheArchitect

TheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really niceTheArchitect is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by errl-is-a-myth View Post
RE the platter:are the jacket ports set one towards the top, one on bottom, so it will drain?
yes.

saturated media extract for soil testing

Quote:
I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air – that progress made under the shadow of the policeman’s club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave.
Henry Louis Mencken
TheArchitect is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2016, 12:19 AM #26
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really niceBigJohnny is just really nice
Just got my hopper, and I have to say I'm very pleased. It's heavy ass steel, not a triclamp ferrule welded to sheet metal. even the "rolled" edge is actually a heavy solid piece.

It looks like what they may have done is either welded a 10" ferrule to the large side and just filled in the gasket channel with weld then ground it smooth, OR they just welded a bead around the large side then ground it smooth.

It's very well constructed for just a hopper/funnel. My only complaint is that they used those god forsaken packing peanuts.... I hate packing peanuts they get everywhere and make a huge mess.

Makes fairrly decent hat as well, my neighbors sure got a show when I got out of my car with this on my head because I was carrying other shit too.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:17 AM #27
bradasshaircut

bradasshaircut is on a distinguished road
Quality Steel and super fast order processing and shipping. Two thumbs up.
bradasshaircut is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2016, 04:59 PM #28
BigJohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasshaircut View Post
Quality Steel and super fast order processing and shipping. Two thumbs up.
how do we know it's quality steel? I simply said it was heavy, but unless we know where it comes from it could be cheap chinese stainless that'll rust because it wasn't alloyed to western standards.

for me though it doesn't matter, I just got a big heavy funnel but recovery pots and stuff I'd definitely want to know what the actual quality of steel is that they use.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:08 AM #29
bradasshaircut

bradasshaircut is on a distinguished road
Is there any way to test it? It's raining outside, should I put some fittings in the yard and wait for rust?
bradasshaircut is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2016, 01:17 PM #30
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasshaircut View Post
Is there any way to test it? It's raining outside, should I put some fittings in the yard and wait for rust?
Even if the alloy mix is correct, 300 series stainless can rust if it isn't in a solution annealed condition, because the chromium can be tied up with the carbon as carbides.

The typical test for corrosion is salt spray. Spray salt water on it and wait.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote