Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > KaliChina and more...

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
KaliChina and more... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2015, 04:23 AM #21
mayan
Atavist

mayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud of
Pan Elite x Malawi at 43 (or so) days of 12/12

OK! So look a couple of posts back in this thread and check her out - now, look at what a few weeks have wrought. She started flowering vociferously somewhere around day 35 or so and she hasn't looked back. She's just packing it on. This is yo way tres exciting!! I love both Panama and Malawi so which ever way she goes its a win-win - and looks like there will be a lot of her to appreciate. The colas appear to go all the way down to the bottom and there's very little popcorn...mainly dense, fat, buds that are growing by the day...

Her scent -thus far- resembles the Panama - pretty heavy on the citrus with an astringent/cleanser dab in the background

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mal_branchA.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	309680 Click image for larger version

Name:	mal_branch.jpg
Views:	937
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	309681 Click image for larger version

Name:	mal_wholeA.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	309682
mayan is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 AM #22
mayan
Atavist

mayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud of
Panama Elite x Angolan

Whoops. Double post. Oh well.
mayan is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2015, 04:30 AM #23
mayan
Atavist

Panama Elite x Angolan

Finally...the Pan Elite x Angolan...Very sativa expression. Long spiky leaves...long spikey pistils. Looks like cacti quills. She's around 32 or so days into 12/12 and she's beginning to ramp up the flower production. She's vociferously branched out. All of the flower nodes have turned into branches - as far as I know, the branches may have branches...Consequently...she looks like a hedge. I have been doing some moderate cleaning of leaves and branches. Don't want to go to heave because I'm not sure how the flowers are developing yet and I don't want to get rid of anything that might produce a bit of beef, so to speak.

She's just beginning to rosin up on the calyxs and leaves. Her scent -as with the others- is lemony with a hint of cleanser. Really looking forward to seeing what paths this one intends to take.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ang_1.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	309683 Click image for larger version

Name:	ang_2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	309684
mayan is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:41 AM #24
chappie
Subtleties of river power

chappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the roughchappie is a jewel in the rough
Looking good there!

I recently did Orient Express (largely based on your suggestion) and then Kali China. OE was pretty good, but KC was even better. Also did PCK and liked it a lot, indeed quite "sativa" for an indica. Just today planted NepJam, also based on memories of your experience of it many years ago at another place. I'm gonna do a couple of them outside here in the PacNW to test their claims of cold and mold resistance.

Thanks for sharing the long strange trip...

~~~c
chappie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:49 AM #25
Baron Greenback

Lovely, super plants.
I can almost smell them myself, nice descriptions of the profiles too. Crosses that just look better and better with every update, smoke report should be entertaining

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:25 PM #26
mayan
Atavist

Panama Fem - The Stuff of Dreams

Hey all...

First off- thanks, Baron! I enjoy royalty making kind comments. Much appreciated.

So, I pulled down the peppermint Panama Fem on day 84. Of course, it probably could have gone a few more days (or a week or so) but it looked quite done (vast majority of pistils were brown and the vast majority of trichs were very cloudy). I have a thing about not wanting to take 'em too deep, preserve the terpene profile etc. AND I needed the space in my little room, so down she came. Beautiful, lovely plant...my first one with pink/red pistils. Intense, upper-range citric with a dash of coffee and perhaps a dollop of cleanser to round it off. Small amount sampled from about a week ago and she is formidable. Deep. Profound. High but not couch-lock. Sure, I might stare at something for a few minutes but that's because of deepened appreciation, not because my brain is scrambled. Really! I promise!

As it turns out, I have pneumonia (cough!), so these pics (and those that follow in the next few threads) were taken quickly and on the run, so to speak. I probably won't be able to sample or vape her for a bit - so, I'll be surprised by her after a bit of a cure. In the meantime, she was gorgeous. Kinda chunky, dense buds. Encrusted in trichs. Sticky to the slightest touch and yielding of her scent just by thinking about her. As you can see, my clumsy attempt at LST was not -as we say- highly successful. She wanted a large cola and she made sure she had one! It's hard to tell but the buds are the sizes of small pine cones - almost all the way down. Plants with minds of their own! Gotta love 'em!

Enjoy! (I will cross-post in CBG due to the shared, remarkable genetics of this strain).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pan-HarvestA.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	312992 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pan_budD.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	312993 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pan_budC.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	312994 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pan_budB.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	312995 Click image for larger version

Name:	KolaA.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	313003

Last edited by mayan; 04-15-2015 at 05:35 PM..
mayan is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 PM #27
mayan
Atavist

Pan Elite x Malawi (About) 68 Days 12/12

Hey, all...when I harvested the above Pan Fem, I took out some of the other cousins for a spin. Here's the oldest - a Pan Elite x Malawi. She's growing/blowing up before my eyes but she has begun to turn the corner of the life cycle and I think the next few weeks will see more ripening than rampant growth.

She's glistening with trichs and is still pushing out the white pistils, however, I'm starting to slow down on her nutes and slowly walking her down - getting ready to start flushing some time in the future. Beautiful plant. The full pics don't quite do her justice. The buds are dense and getting quite substantial. Can't effin' wait! But I will!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mal x PanA.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	312999 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mal x Pan.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	313000 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mal x Pan BudA.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	313001 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mal x Pan Bud.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	313002
mayan is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:43 PM #28
mayan
Atavist

Ang x Pan Elite (around day 56 of 12/12)

Here's the "newer" flowering strain - Angolan x Pan Elite. She's a beaut, as well as the above plants. Gotta love the Pan genetics and the skills of dubi and the Ace squad!

Right now, her buds are more "wispy" than then Mal x Pan or the Pan Fem...They remind me somewhat of Guawi or perhaps some of the Orient Express that I have grown out. I'm thinking that she will probably start foxtailing and growing slender stalks of calyxs as she begins to mature. We shall see - OTOH, she could just start fattening and swelling. As it is, she is absolutely lovely to gaze upon. Her pistils are long, white and spikey. She is beginning to put down a deep slather or trichs. Like the others, the predominant scent is that of high-treble citrus.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AngxPan.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	313004 Click image for larger version

Name:	AngxPanA.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	313005 Click image for larger version

Name:	AngxPan_Bud.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	313006 Click image for larger version

Name:	AngxPan_BudA.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	313007
mayan is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:48 PM #29
mayan
Atavist

The Future - KaliCh x Pan Elite

Here's the most recent convert to 12/12. This Kali China x Pan is being grown from a clone (not enough room in the crypt, so I took a cutting). I have really been enjoying getting to know Kali China - I don't quite have her measure yet but she is potent and has legs...my first two criteria. Can't wait to see what she's like when mixed with the vibrant genes of Panama.

She was put in on April 3, 2015 (I think) and has been off to the races. I just transplanted her two days ago so I'm expecting further explosive growth.

(I've been -um- working on getting my canopy a bit more level. At times, it is just not logistically possible as the main cola just starts pressing its foot to the gas pedal and does what it wants but this may have a shot at it.)

Stay tuned!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KalilChxPan.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	313008
mayan is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:47 PM #30
jay sus

jay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nicejay sus is just really nice
excellent
jay sus is online now Quote