Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > Who's all been breeding their own autos?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
Who's all been breeding their own autos? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2019, 03:46 AM #161
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute

best one out of 1000+

just made 45 lights worth of few autos..learned a lot..i am a fan of autos now if they are worked properly. This lady was so greasy and stinky and fkin dense as anything

theJointedOne is online now Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:03 AM #162
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Excellent, Jointed One!!!!
Yeah, we have 2 plots so it's up to 35 of each strain we do one our own, so roughly 60-70 of each strain, be it autos or photoperiod. Picking the best of the best....works most of the time, but still have those uh-oh moments.

Finally, autos are getting respect after all these years.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:11 PM #163
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of light
just gyo, a-goob. nothin wrong with that. breeding iz a whole different ball game.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:40 AM #164
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
I do need more plant numbers.

My biggest auto came from coco and worm castings. Of this cultivar.

You guys are selecting out of 1000 plants. most I will be able to do is 10. I mean 20 plants but possibly 10 females.

The thing that stuck out last generation is the male and female both smelled like a berry-fruit in veg. The bud was great. Better than what you would buy.

Here is the bud, it's lightly seeded.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:02 PM #165
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
So, a pollen chucker you are, a-goob. Continue on....but being a breeder, you need to understand phenos, best overall traits and choosing from best plants, not just ONE.

We give away plants that we're not using for breeding to MMJ patients, vets and the like.
John Harrigan
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:08 PM #166
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard the most important tool of a breeder is extremely accurate notes. I'm so bad at reliably taking notes, arrrgh. I know what I want though...

Strain #1
Average Height 2-3'
Semi-Branchy, not a single-cola or thick bush
Fruity/Lemon/Citrus
Cold/Mold Resistant

My question is this:

There's a lot of talk about creating 'stabilized' hemp seed at .03% THC or less. As far as breeding goes, how precise of a THC:CBD ratio/strength can I hope to readily achieve? While I can see the use for seedlines which throw a wide variety, am I shooting myself in the foot by chasing a specific ratio and strength?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-22-2019, 10:49 AM #167
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
I think that there's different sets of genes for THC and CBD. So you need a plant with those CBD synthases.

At low doses CBD will potentiate the high. At high doses I think it will calm. Not sure though, never really smoked a good ratio. Only high THC weed and hemp. But the high CBD hemp sure did relax. I started to notice stronger strains have a little CBD in them.

You'd have to smoke test and combine. You could also use one male to two females and thereby test
by proxy. You could also clone a female, split it up, and then pollinate her with two different males. This will in retrospect give you the conclusion of the two males also.

chemotype I is THC. II is a mix. and III is CBD. Mostly.

The molecular basis for THCA (marijuana) and CBDA (hemp) chemotypes is unclear. De Meijer et al [43] crossed CBDA- and THCA-dominant plants to produce F1 progeny that are intermediate in their ratio of THCA:CBDA; selfing gave F2 progeny that segregated 1:2:1 for THCA-dominant:codominant mixed THCA/CBDA:CBDA-dominant chemotypes. These data suggested two explanations: a single cannabinoid synthase locus (B) exists with different alleles of this gene encoding THCAS or CBDAS; or THCAS and CBDAS are encoded by two tightly linked yet genetically separate loci. In the latter scenario, differences in transcript abundance and/or enzyme efficiencies might account for the observed chemotypic ratios. Indeed, given that both of these enzymes compete for CBGA, reductions in one activity might lead to a proportional increase in the production of the other cannabinoid.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:58 PM #168
aridbud
automeister

a-goob....if you have room for 20,. do it! You'll learn how each plant grows. Take the best to pollinate. You'll be surprised. To keep them under days-to-harvest number (you wanted 60 or less?) bx with fast male.
John Harrigan
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 06-22-2019, 11:24 PM #169
angelgoob

I had to kill some of my plants. Just didn't look right.

I got one going that I don't believe in. I'll make seeds but that's about it.

Going to start MANY more. and get my soil mix together.

The two that came together to make the strong one that shined were the stronger smellers. All I want is those.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:29 AM #170
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of light
start with stable genetix
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote