Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > HARVEST - How to dry properly

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
HARVEST - How to dry properly Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2019, 02:05 AM #11
pongster

pongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura aboutpongster has a spectacular aura about
i also hang upside down, but i weigh the buds just as i trimmed, then when they reach 20% of the wet weight, i put in jars.

best regards
pongster is online now Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 02:45 AM #12
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I dry in a fucking Chicken coop (no chickens).

At harvest time the RH is between 70 & 90. It's a crap shoot, but basically it dries slowly. 3 weeks sometimes, and I have to time it right to bring it in. It could be ready to bin in another room to cure, but if I miss it and it rains, it has wait. Mofo. But it's as smooth as a menthol cigarette because I have to cure a long time.
This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 02:57 AM #13
Chunkypigs
Mutated member

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2u View Post
thank you, for this info

what if I cant do 65 degrees tho,...?
and a 60% humidity....

be nice to have a cooler humidor eh...
a walk in....lol that be even better...

I was going to shut down half my grow closet
remove canopy light asm., on the one side
hang and dry in there....

but my day time temps, get up to 90...
way off the ball, with that temp....eh

she'd dry too fast, wouldn't she...?

thanks pal,

axle
I just got a big old window banger that will get my flower room to 62 with lights out.

If your flowers are finishing in 90 degree temps it's prolly not going to matter much but the coolest place in your house will be best and use an exhaust fan to dehumidify and a humidifier to keep as close to 55-60%.

Amazon has this controller for forty bucks that will control both that I use.
Inkbird AC 110V Digital Pre-Wired Outlet Dual Stage Humidity Controller IHC-200 (IHC-200)

A closet, tent or box can be rigged to work well depending on how much you have to dry.

Keeping your flowers cold when they finish and while they dry and cure really produces next level flavor.

I first heard about this when Berner interviewed Jungle boys in this video. It's 11 minutes in. They go to 60 degrees but you can't usually get rooms that cold without special equipment. Normal dehumidifier won't work at temps that low.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AnWd2mHedK0&
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:12 AM #14
I'mback

I'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by axle2u View Post
and I thank you, switcher man.....
curious, what kind of hydrometer we talking ?
like a strip or something, whats it look like.....?
where you get em...?

thanks,

axle
Here you go good buddy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25322478950...&s=ci&mail=sys

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:16 AM #15
I'mback

I'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud ofI'mback has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongster View Post
i also hang upside down, but i weigh the buds just as i trimmed, then when they reach 20% of the wet weight, i put in jars.

best regards
Now that is really interesting. I have a little calculator on my grow spreadsheets. I input wet weight and used 20% (what past grows yielded dry

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is online now Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 09:38 AM #16
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud ofwvkindbud38 has much to be proud of
Keep you a oscillating fan going close to the ground, don't let it blow directly on your plants. Just something to kinda circulate the air some
wvkindbud38 is online now Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 11:28 AM #17
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
I find the dry in a box method interesting.

This had been the ultimate commercial break. Which meant it was time to return to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Wade Wilson

---
Silverback's Threads: the Complete Collection
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 AM #18
axle2u

axle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
I dry in a fucking Chicken coop (no chickens).

View Image

At harvest time the RH is between 70 & 90. It's a crap shoot, but basically it dries slowly. 3 weeks sometimes, and I have to time it right to bring it in. It could be ready to bin in another room to cure, but if I miss it and it rains, it has wait. Mofo. But it's as smooth as a menthol cigarette because I have to cure a long time.

ahaha....freakin 'A"....brother
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 05:16 AM #19
axle2u

axle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the roughaxle2u is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mback View Post

thanks pal....aXle
axle2u is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2019, 09:19 PM #20
i0dineAlf

i0dineAlf will become famous soon enoughi0dineAlf will become famous soon enough
Directions on how to dry bud perfectly, presented by Duke Diamond: https://soundcloud.com/the-cannabis-...mond-va-042018

Have a great weekend everyone!
i0dineAlf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.