Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Can Natto Save the Earth

Thread Title Search
Can Natto Save the Earth Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 PM #31
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbeman View Post
Through his strewn carcasses.
What once was, shall be again.

Cvh is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:13 PM #32
Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really nice
Quote:
What once was, shall be again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8
'same as it ever was' stuck in my head

Wondering if natto makes soylent green taste any better
Anyone?

Volunteers and Their Fate
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362619
Rico Swazi is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2019, 05:01 PM #33
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Swazi View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8
'same as it ever was' stuck in my head

Wondering if natto makes soylent green taste any better
Anyone?
Couldn't resist. Remember this; these musicians together?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity.
Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2019, 05:21 PM #34
Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really nice
oh hell yes , gut shot when Roy passed, cried when George left us, and shouted at the heavens over Tom

the only afterlife I look forward to is a rock and roll heaven

barring that, they can compost me or turn me into soylent rainbow
(all inclusive and politically correct name )
"Soylent Rainbow...Now with more Natto !!! Yumm !!!"

Volunteers and Their Fate
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362619

Last edited by Rico Swazi; 06-08-2019 at 05:32 PM..
Rico Swazi is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2019, 12:18 AM #35
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
So this may turn out to be interesting... we'll know in a few hours anyway.

I have some old natto spores in the fridge.

(Disclaimer: I have a brief background in mycology and working with various bacterial cultures. I am not recommending this, I am posting my experience for the informational value. Almost anything could be growing in this...)

Last week I grabbed a 1Qt, un-opened carton of non-gmo soymilk sitting at room temp. (About 2 days after h.h. didn't die first. TY for the idea!) The ingredients of the soymilk are whole organic soybeans and water. End of list).

I cracked the lid and put 4-5 squirts of spores from the funky little bottle the spores are in. Immediately screwed the lid back on and mixed it completely by shaking.

I've kept it at room temp and shaken it 1-3 times a day for a week. After the first few days the container puffed up a tiny little bit. I put slight pressure on the container and barely cracked the lid to bleed off the excess gas building up, then closed the lid while it was still offgassing. It did not puff back up any further and has been slightly concave the rest of the time.

Yesterday I put it in the fridge.

Today I opened it and it does not smell funky at all. Definitely not like it has been opened and sitting in warm room temps for a week. It's thicker than regular soy and tastes like soy.

I drank a couple tablespoons a few minutes ago. The kids will call their mother if it's bad. lol
The texture has a fine grainyness to it, along with a slight amount of the bacterial slime feel of cultured natto. The flavor is definitely more complex.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2019, 12:27 AM #36
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Nattonaut: Bold? individual pushing the envelope of the nattosphere!

I can see making a safe process out of this. The correct precautions need to be taken and the amount of spores needs to be sufficient. Would have been cleaner/significantly-safer if I'd done this under a flowhood or in a glovebox.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:34 PM #37
Douglas.Curtis

I'm not dead, feel great, digests well, most likely make more in the future. The fine grainy was described as 'chalky' by my wife. lol

Old 06-16-2019, 02:37 PM #38
h.h.

h.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud ofh.h. has much to be proud of
Had my stomach pumped. Feeling much better...
Not really.
As long as you're controlling the fermentation process, there's not much to be concerned about.

All organic soy milk is not equal.
I should have checked the label.

I think the powder would be more desirable than spores for making cheese. More solids to compensate for the water in the milk.

But this is about soil.
I added alfalfa for solids and some protein. Some chia for the gel. A gallon of milk that sat in my back fridge for over a year along with some green juice that was fermenting.
Some yucca powder.
Horsetail powder.

Let it sit and added it to the soil.

Put in a seed and within a few hours, I had nicely cured buds.

Not making any claims. The fermentations speed the amendments up a little I think. They add microbes to help the other processes. All in all they don't hurt and cost relatively little.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 07:32 PM #39
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
Had my stomach pumped. Feeling much better...
Not really.
As long as you're controlling the fermentation process, there's not much to be concerned about.

All organic soy milk is not equal.
I should have checked the label.

I think the powder would be more desirable than spores for making cheese. More solids to compensate for the water in the milk.
I'll go along with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
But this is about soil.
I added alfalfa for solids and some protein. Some chia for the gel. A gallon of milk that sat in my back fridge for over a year along with some green juice that was fermenting.
Some yucca powder.
Horsetail powder.

Let it sit and added it to the soil.

Put in a seed and within a few hours, I had nicely cured buds.

Not making any claims. The fermentations speed the amendments up a little I think. They add microbes to help the other processes. All in all they don't hurt and cost relatively little.
LOL Amazing discovery for today's instant gratification society! Patent it!