Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > R.I.P. Hal Blaine

Thread Title Search
R.I.P. Hal Blaine Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2019, 08:19 PM #1
Cigarviper

Cigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to all
R.I.P. Hal Blaine

If you don't know him, you were likely produced to the accompaniment of his beats making him kinda yo daddy, in a way.
Cigarviper is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:31 PM #2
Rocky Mtn Squid
EL CID SQUID

Rocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivorRocky Mtn Squid is a survivor
Unhappy

Wow.....sad to hear this.

Hal Blaine was one of the brilliant world class studio musicians in the Wrecking Crew.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 PM #3
ion

ion has disabled reputation
i will lay down a concerto of paradiddles tonight, fly on Hal. thank you
ion is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 11:43 PM #4
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant future
I think this guy holds the record for "most recorded session musician". He also played with /for people like Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Simon & Garfunkel, The Beach Boys, every member of the Beatles and Neil Diamond to name a few, to a total of something like 40 singles that went number 1 on the charts, 150 top-10 hits and 6 records that got a Grammy for "best album of the year". Not too many artists can put that on their CV.

If you heard songs like 'Strangers in the night', 'Bridge over troubled waters', 'These boots are made for walking', 'Mr. tambourine man', 'Mrs. Robinson', 'I get around', etc.. You've heard this dude play the drums, even if you didn't realize it. So I'd say he's the most successful unknown musician ever. Apparently he never made a fuss about himself, or wanted credit or glory for his work. He was in the rare "just glad to be a part of the team" group of guys, who show up for work on time and do a good job. That's why everybody who could, called him up first when it was time to record some music.

Unsung legend, if there ever was one.
Vaya con dios, amigo. Rest in peace.
BadTicket is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 02:32 AM #5
Cigarviper

Cigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to allCigarviper is a name known to all
Listen to his musical genius.

https://youtu.be/tR2vWlOG8ms

Old 03-16-2019, 10:06 AM #6
ion

ion has disabled reputation
~~So I'd say he's the most successful unknown musician ever. Apparently he never made a fuss about himself, or wanted credit or glory for his work. He was in the rare "just glad to be a part of the team" group of guys, who show up for work on time and do a good job

that is true artist. as true as i can see anyway. there are handfuls of musicians out there, 'professional', in the same vein, they stay low. steve jordan is another good example(drummer), watch his drum video and see his interviews with levon helm, keith richards....they get it.

thanks Badticket. i forgot about mrs robinson...wow........may he remain unsung i say. we know.
ion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:30 PM #7
Cigarviper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
~~So I'd say he's the most successful unknown musician ever. Apparently he never made a fuss about himself, or wanted credit or glory for his work. He was in the rare "just glad to be a part of the team" group of guys, who show up for work on time and do a good job

that is true artist. as true as i can see anyway. there are handfuls of musicians out there, 'professional', in the same vein, they stay low. steve jordan is another good example(drummer), watch his drum video and see his interviews with levon helm, keith richards....they get it.

thanks Badticket. i forgot about mrs robinson...wow........may he remain unsung i say. we know.
I would say if he had a boastful ounce of notoriety in his dna it is suppressed. Safe to say if he made a fuss about his accomplishments he would definitely be widely known as an icon.

He worked so much because he stayed away from booze and dope, showed up on time, sober and took great pleasure in just doing his thing. No unnecessary drama, just excellent musical results.

More modern comparables would be Steve Gadd, Steve Jordan, J.R. Robinson and more. Talent is such a fickle thing. You can have oodles of it but you can't find a way to use it correctly, you'll be known as a terrific pond hockey player that could have made it in the Bigs....history is littered with ultra-talented folks who just couldn't or wouldn't put it together. Life is beautifully strange.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:48 AM #8
Jon 55
IC Mag Supporter

Jon 55 will become famous soon enoughJon 55 will become famous soon enough
What a backbeat!!!

Jon
Jon 55 is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2019, 08:31 AM #9
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
RIP