Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Plans to retire someday

Thread Title Search
Plans to retire someday Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 AM #11
squatty

squatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the rough
I'm in a bit of an odd place right now. Portland, Oregon. Not that Portland or Oregon are odd, but that I will be leaving here soon. It became legal to grow here last summer and that has been incredible! At times I've looked out my window and cannot believe my beautiful plants are perfectly legal.

What is odd for me is that I will be moving back to Hawaii to retire in the near future where it is still illegal to grow unless you are a MMJ patient. I'm hoping things change in Hawaii before I get there.
squatty is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2016, 10:21 PM #12
sutra

sutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in the process of moving to Santa Barbara. Used to live there long ago and scared and excited about going back. Like Stoned Trout's San Diego it is never too cold or too hot.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:25 AM #13
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
too crowded

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutra View Post
I'm in the process of moving to Santa Barbara. Used to live there long ago and scared and excited about going back. Like Stoned Trout's San Diego it is never too cold or too hot.
But it is most definitely way too crowded !!

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2016, 02:39 AM #14
m314
IC Mag Supporter

m314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant futurem314 has a brilliant future
I'd love to retire someday. It would have to be in a place where growing is legal. I don't want to have to worry about that risk when I'm retired.

The Bay Area is awesome, but there's no way I could retire here. An average (small) house costs a million dollars. One bedroom apartments cost $2500 a month.
m314 is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2016, 01:05 PM #15
sutra

sutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbabud View Post
But it is most definitely way too crowded !!
after living in NYC and the surrounding area, ain't nothing "too crowded". I found myself a small house tucked way up in a canyon.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:11 PM #16
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool Had friends going to UC Santa Barbara in the seventies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutra View Post
after living in NYC and the surrounding area, ain't nothing "too crowded". I found myself a small house tucked way up in a canyon.
They sold pot on thier way through school, UC Santa Barbara. He got his degree in Electrical Engineering, she was a hippie housewife (forget her degree) They lived in Goleta.

I live in a small canyon with no through traffic the city is not far away

Good Luck in your new place

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 PM #17
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Lightbulb

Well, now, this reminds me of why California needs a Hyperloop - for packages as well as cars ... to get the Pot from Humboldt & Del Norte down to the markets & distribution centers.

>> in san diego its now 24 plants and 64 square feet per person medicinal with 1lb in possession

The quality at the dispensaries must be incredible !!

As far as retirement, I have one friend who is in his 40's and actually works at an extract company in a management position. I tell people I'm semi-retired, I'm in my 50's.

Anyway, he has problems staying manically alert in the afternoons like is often needed in corporate jobs.

One approach is to medicate, e.g. testosterone, or e.g. 2 double expresso's.

I would say corporations need to be more accomodating to retain good talent. I'm going to tell him they should give him a La Z Boy for his office and encourage him to use it when he feels tired. So if someone comes in at 3 PM in the afternoon and he's veg'ing watching TV, they should just ask their question and let him continue veg'ing.

It may be related to why people play golf on Wednesdays.

Or everyday.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 05-29-2016, 04:50 AM #18
Monty Zoomer

Monty Zoomer has a spectacular aura aboutMonty Zoomer has a spectacular aura aboutMonty Zoomer has a spectacular aura aboutMonty Zoomer has a spectacular aura about
Whatever you do, DON'T COME TO COLORADO!

Awful cold/hot/windy/dusty/dry place with astronomical living costs and real estate prices. Lots of hippies too.
Monty Zoomer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM #19
grayeyes

grayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nicegrayeyes is just really nice
having gone to high school in Santa Barbara I can tell you there are no houses for less than $1M. Rent is high too. Growing legally is great. The farther you move south the longer the growing season is.

But at age 65 I am looking for a place that is a lot more rural and less town. I am tired of people breathing down my neck.
grayeyes is offline Quote