Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > CO report said marijuana users need more anesthetic for medical procedures

Thread Title Search
CO report said marijuana users need more anesthetic for medical procedures Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2019, 05:57 AM #11
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Patients dying of Pancriatic Cancer painfull as hell, reported that with a joint they could reduce the Morhine drip and get the same effect with about half as much Morphine.
That seems contrary to the claims of the article.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:26 AM #12
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
I was asked about marijuana use when I had some drain tubes placed. The anesthesiologist just asked me the last time I used and if I was a frequent user…if I was she said she may have to use more. It's on record that I use.

I was able to cut my opiods by almost half by consuming cannabis conjunctively. Opiods are different than anesthesia drugs.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 10:16 AM #13
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond reputeozzieAI has a reputation beyond repute
if you have enough THC do you need anaesthetic???

"Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy."
Paracelsus

positivity: "i don't believe you smoke pot...stoners are cool"
ozzieAI is online now Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 PM #14
rolandomota

rolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud of
Yes morphine is different from anesthesia. I needed a double propofol shot the first didn't do shit even the second shot left me staring at the docs for a minute saying now what happens? so I said "I guess I'll start counting backward?" I think I got to like eighty something from 100
rolandomota is online now Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 03:41 PM #15
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
This is a bullshit report. Any drug user will need more drugs to knock them out.

It's called drug tolerance!

BTW: Morphine is more of an analgesic than an anesthetic.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:12 PM #16
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant futureEsterEssence has a brilliant future
They put me in twilight yesterday, never asked about cannabis use, or said I needed any extra anesthesia for the prodecure...

Old 04-25-2019, 10:07 PM #17
madalasatori

madalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of lightmadalasatori is a glorious beacon of light
I was given morphine a few months back and it took a lot of doses before it started working, the paramedics were surprised. Felt sick as a dog though
madalasatori is online now Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 10:27 PM #18
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant futureNico Farmer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalasatori View Post
I was given morphine a few months back and it took a lot of doses before it started working, the paramedics were surprised. Felt sick as a dog though
Same for me, I have a high morphine tolerance.
One time I had to be connected to a morphine pump for 48 hours and the anesthesiologist hallucinated my opioid resistance. Can be no link with a serious weed smoking, but why not?
Even last time at the dentist, I was entitled to three times the normal dose.
Nico Farmer is offline Quote

Old 04-26-2019, 10:03 PM #19
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
I gotta concur with this, I now let my anesthesiologist know....
Woke up mid procedure 2 times.....

Now i tell them to kick it up a notch.... Upside all you remember is foggy flash memories if you do wake up...

For my appendix they listened thank god....but was told after it took more of whatever they used.....

I was Lit when i had the surgery also on edibles still from a few hours earlier.....(emergency surgery within 2 hours of entering hospital)

Perhaps I just have tollerance...

When it comes to Opiates I find it is opposite as have the last 2 pallative care patients....enough so that the family had to talk to the dr as he was accusing them of making the father use less of his drip....by 1/2.... he was gone 2 weeks later but had a really good 7 days where he wasn't a zombie....

50-70mg 3 times a day was enough to do it which shocked me.....
blastfrompast is offline Quote