What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's LED/ZEN tent

El Tigre

Hi to all! Because YOU micro-growers gave me a big inspiration and made me start growing even if I had only small space available, I’ve decided to open a thread and share my grows too. I hope this can be inspiring for someone, or at least interesting.
My setup is very minimal and I’ve tried to stay cheap and simple. It’s my only growing space at the moment, so for now I grow from seed (feminized). I use the grow box also for drying*.
Thanks to Blynx for making me discover the “Screw in Led” thing (yes I was lurking, LOL), I have 62 W (4 x 13W 2700K + 1 x 10W 5000K) of led at the moment**.

* During the time i found more convenient using a carton box connected to my tent intake (this is shown later in this thread)

** Edit: Wattage updated at January 2020, based on the actual range used

picture.php

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice setup!
I like the graphics you created showing the setup and progression of the cab.

El Tigre

Looking good in there! I like the info graphic of your setup. :good:

Nice setup!
I like the graphics you created showing the setup and progression of the cab.

Looks like you are rockin' it with screw in LEDs. Like your setup. Congrats.

I really enjoy seeing what people are growing with screw in LED bulbs. I'm currently just using them in my germ/clone box, but some of you are getting some significant yields going pop to chop.

In for knowledge.

Thanks to all guys! I appreciate your positive feedback for the tent and the graphic skills
Since Blynx mentioned (and to be fair inspired ..) the pics with the progressions into the tent, it's time to post them also here. :tiphat:

El Tigre

How many grams you get with 78 watts?

For precision, when i build this setup i made a fixture for 10 bulbs.
I’ve tried various wattage, also having troubles with that (light burn), I’ve decided to run 6 x 13 w bulbs.
As you can see I’ve finished only 3 runs with this setup and the average yeld was 64 g.
Since I’ve done few mistakes and got problems in every run*, I’m pretty happy with results.
This little tent provide me enough quality herb for my personal/family use.

*1° RUN serious light burn at the start of the flowering stage, 2° RUN nitrogen deficiency during stretching, 3° RUN hard PH problems, because I confused the colors of the PH Test drops and I watered with too acid solution for almost half of the cycle. Plants didn’t appreciated at all!

Last edited:

pANicModE

looking great in here bro :rasta: i been thinking about why no1 had a 12"x12" or a 24"x24" micro tent with these leds_ these little LEDs sure do put out some nugs for cheap screw-ins

El Tigre

looking great in here bro :rasta: i been thinking about why no1 had a 12"x12" or a 24"x24" micro tent with these leds_ these little LEDs sure do put out some nugs for cheap screw-ins

Thanks a lot man, glad see you passing here!
I like cabinets well done and i always dreamed to build one, but this small tents are cheap an ready to use, so when had to decide... well I went with the tent!:biggrin:
Other pros for tent: can disapear quickly, portability

El Tigre

Before start showing my current grow, i want to spend two words about the cultivation technique I’ve chosen for this setup. My goal was, as usual: be simple and cheap
CONTAINER: 1 x 18 L SmartPot or 2 x 10 L Plastic Containers (no need to water so often…)
MEDIUM: Soil (from growshop, light mix) + Perlite
FERTS: Biobizz GROW /BLOOM + Cal/Mag supplement by foliar spray
I train the plants with several techniques.

So let’s talk about my 4th grow in the LED/ZEN tent.
I wanted to try to grow two different strains togheter, first time for me! So I go for the seeds to a growshop and they had available only Kannabia Seeds with single packaging. Didn’t know this company, but I’ve decided to try anyway. The guy convinced me giving a freebie from the same company (Amnesi-k), money saved for next round, maybe! LOL
STRAINS:
1 x RUSSIAN DOLL (Northern Light x AK-47 x Kuban* Sativa) *it supposed to be a Russian region
1 x REINA DE AFRICA (Afghan x Thai x AK-47)
So two AK47 crosses, let’s see whats happen…
14 days VEG (after the plant sprouted)

picture.php

pANicModE

Thanks a lot man, glad see you passing here!
I like cabinets well done and i always dreamed to build one, but this small tents are cheap an ready to use, so when had to decide... well I went with the tent!:biggrin:
Other pros for tent: can disapear quickly, portability
i like tents for the ease of setup/breakdown for sure.. i ran a 32"x32"ebay tent for a while with a 400w hps and it put out sum dank nuggs.. these days im gotta stay micro so im trying to dial in a micro setup that will still putout and i think after many years with hps i think these screw-ins are the best bang for a micro setup for sure. :tiphat:

El Tigre

Let’s get back to my current grow…

VEGETATIVE STAGE

Plants growed a little slowly (for my limited experience..).
I’ve read around and seems it’s typical for AK47 strain… since my plants are supposed to be cross related, maybe it’s for genetics? Anyone who has experience with the AK47 and can confirm?

At day 27 i fimmed and defoliated central fan leaves (as in the pic) in order to stimulate a more bushy grow path.
Also gave some epsom salt by foliar spray.

picture.php

El Tigre

After ten days plants put the turbo. Feeded for first time with ¼ dose of grow nuts. Also did some manipulation to the central stem to stimulate branching...

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts