What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How important is it to Water the Plants, during the Final Week ?

St. Phatty

This year I have 2 decent Sativa plants, and one decent Indica plant.

The Indica is the closest to finishing.

It is Blueberry Headband x { Blueberry Widow x { Silver Kush x {Romberry x Apollo 11 }}}

I am overwhelmed with work, sort of in a good way.

I want to focus on tasks other than watering - unless that hurts resin production.

The Blue Headband cross is about a 1/2 pound of yield, in a 20 gallon soil mix. I'm generally watering it about twice a week, when I get around to it.

I remember what people say about White Widow, about letting it sit in a dark closet during weeks 9 & 10, to pack on the resin.

How much does resin/ trichome production during the final week, depend on being Johnny on the Spot with the watering ? i.e. every day.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I remember what people say about White Widow, about letting it sit in a dark closet during weeks 9 & 10, to pack on the resin.

How much does resin/ trichome production during the final week, depend on being Johnny on the Spot with the watering ? i.e. every day.

I did that during this last harvest in July. After 12 weeks flowering; I left 12 plants in a dark closet. 5 days, no light no water.

I don't know if that increased resin?...but it sure increased amber in the trichomes.

some people believe drying out the plant puts it in a stress stage telling it its on its last leg and it will produce more trichomes before it expects to start dying, when I kinda dried my plant out and stuck it in a dark closet for a while it noticeably increased smell and trichomes, not like crazy difference but noticeable

St. Phatty

some people believe drying out the plant puts it in a stress stage telling it its on its last leg and it will produce more trichomes before it expects to start dying, when I kinda dried my plant out and stuck it in a dark closet for a while it noticeably increased smell and trichomes, not like crazy difference but noticeable

How much is it strain related ?

Sativa vs. Indica OR

White Widow a special case, or an example of normal behavior ?

LadyGuru

Water your plant, and keep at ideal moisture levels. You want a good amount of water in the leaves, so the plant doesn't dry out faster than it can release it's chlorophyll. In other words, more moisture will slow down the drying and curing process, creating a better, smoother smoke.

Plants need far less water this time of year however, so adjust your thinking accordingly.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Water your plant, and keep at ideal moisture levels. You want a good amount of water in the leaves, so the plant doesn't dry out faster than it can release it's chlorophyll. In other words, more moisture will slow down the drying and curing process, creating a better, smoother smoke.

Plants need far less water this time of year however, so adjust your thinking accordingly.

That's been our experience as well.