What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish blowing up..

beancounter

Veteran
Here's a nice Blowfish at 40 days 12/12.. This is katsu's BF I believe. It's a nice looking plant, and she stretched a great deal on me untopped. She looks to be a lower yeilder, and definately better suited to topping or LST. The bud strusture is quite unique, and the tops and buds are getting 'club-like', fatter at the tips, and she's just starting to really blow up in the final stretch.

She should be done pretty soon, I know many take her around 50 days, but I've been told to leave her 60. I might take her in stages and see what I like better.

katsu's Blowfish..

Last edited:
G

Hey, where have I seen those pics before? :)

Looks great! I haven't seen the clubhead effect before on this one. Looks like you got a bit better yield than I did.

PS. That is the Katsu cut. ;)

kushedout

Beautiful looking plant you got there> Blowfish is definately one of the strains on my most wanted list. What's the smell like?

beancounter

Veteran
lol FW, yes, I was pretty sure it was katsu's, just hard to remember all the whos and whats on all these cuts.. :joint: thanks by the way, and I imagine I could get her to perform a little better, as she did fall over a couple times and probly tore a few roots. But she does look pretty good on this trial run, and I look forward to puffing upon her.

Thanks ko, the smell is difficult to describe, very, very unique, and unlike anything I've smelt before. Tangy, dankish, I dunno, I'll know better when I cut her, it's hard to really smell a single plant in a room of 20+ flowering strains.. But I'll finish this thread with a smoke/grow report when she's done, in a few weeks..

MedUser420

beancounter- looking great! Yep thats katsu's cut. I just cut her from my garden. Dont get me wrong she's nice. The inital high isn't super potent but theres no ceiling.

beancounter

Veteran
thanks meduser420, she definately has a distinct look. I haven't seen any other pics of katsu's BF cut, but I'm sure if I did I would see the similarities. I have heard a similar reaction about BF, she's one that some people really love, or they just find it too strange tasting for their preferences. I'll keep her for at least one more run most likely, and do a nice topped or LSTed plant of her.

no problem m.steelers, glad you enjoyed her.

thanks dogsnob, means alot coming from you. :smile:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got a blowfish outside, smelling real good hope the smoke is good too,

beancounter

Veteran
Wow chilli, that plant looks almost indentical! Looks exactly like mine except about a week more into flower. I have never seen a plant look so similar in different gardens before. What medium and nutes do you use, and what's flowering wattage?

The 2 pics especialy look similar.. uncanny..

6103BFish_40_days_12-12_3.jpg
118001badassfishcola.jpg

thanks for stopping by jay, I hope your BF turns out as good as you hope.

I don't have my hopes up to high on this one, as it seams to be a cut that gets a split reaction. Some really like it, and some don't..

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well BC this cut we have is the one to have! I have nothing but good things to say about this babe. I hope to have her around as long as she wants to stay. Not many cuts get frostier than the fish. She's real fast in veg and flower. She yields tremendous amounts of sticky potent buds. How could anyone have anything but nice things to say about her. The smell and flavor when smoking are wonderful and heavy headed. It performs very well after a good dry and cure.
The fish i showed was grown under a 400HPS with GH 3 part nutes. I'm trying one out with PBP for hydro this round. All in all the Blowfish cut I have is definately in the top6 best I've had the pleasure to reap the rewards. Everyone I've turned a sample on to says its WICKED. :yoinks:

beancounter

Veteran
I'm using a 430w Agrosun HPS with 3 part AN (same as GH) in peat based soiless. Sounds like we had pretty similar conditions.

Nice to hear your take on her, she certainly sounds nice, I can't wait to try her.. I just fired mine under my 1K Super Hort HPS for the last week of flower for convenience, I'm sure it'll help ripen the lower buds up.

I was really cool to see such a good reference pic, it's the most obvious match I've seen thru pics when comparing my cuts to other's. Thanks.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im glad you liked the similarities. I noticed when i saw your picture . I knew they were the same. I like the smoke from the fish @ 60 days 12/12. It might toss a few nanners @ 50-56 though. It's not a big deal usually. I've not noticed any pollenation anywhere as long as shes not molested. :yoinks:

G

Very nice blowfish. I grew out some beans from 3LB so this is from F2 seed.

22923lb-blowfish-032806a-med.jpg

(NOT the Katsu cut)

The taste is a deep berry undertone with a bit of hashy/sweetness. Friends around here love it and call it Lip Smacker.

Gotta love da "fish"!

MK-Ultra

Maistre,

Very nice, What ever happened to 3LB. I wish they were around i miss those Birds.. Sure had talent thats for sure, i had Katsu's Blowfish and grew it last year and ended up losing it, mine was very berry smelling/spicey and tasted very berry and was Purple. it got cool temps outdoors and it had awesome color's. blue/purple and looked like sugar coated all over. i miss this Blowfish. But i remember 3LB was working on seed. i wish i would have ordered a few packs of blowfish. Katsu's cut i had outdoors did great, no complaints here and it didn't lack in potency. deep inside 1 of those purple main top colas i found 1 lone seed deep inside, ripe too i dried out that 1 seed and put it up. i have now misplaced it with my other gear, when i looked inside for that lone seed i had wrapped up i can't find it. i wanted to grow that seed out cause i figured it may have selfed its self. cause that was the only seed i got and i let it go all the way. anyway's Maistre you got a nice looking Fish. If you see or here of 3LB tell them hello and PM me. Awesome fish Maistre....

beancounter

Veteran
Here's to top of her, left to 64ish days. The top was still bustin out a ton of new pistils, and I think I'll let my next one go longer to see if I notice a big difference..

I 1st judged BF with some lower buds shortly after drying, and wasn't very impressed.. But with 2 weeks cure the flavor gets much better.. I actualy was thinking on culling her after one more run, but i may keep her for a while yet.

Katsu's cut has one of the most unique growth patterns i've ever seen on a flowering plant.. each bud is like a small bouquet of braided calyxes, fatter on top.. it's a nice plant, and easy to grow.. not the best test or high, but definately up there. I would list it in my top 10, but lower down the list.

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_1.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_2.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_3.jpg

6103BFish_about_2_weeks_cure_4.jpg