What's new

predator bugs?

I just got a bunch of mixed nematodes for my indoor grow and my fruit trees. They will not blow away. Still though it wont rid me of pests, hopefully a lot less as they settle into some
Symbiosis with them.
I will be finding out soon.

Lots of companies selling a ton of bugs. Must work to some degree.

I was thinking the same thing since I saw some for sale it must work for some other wise companies wouldn't waste their time supplying them

hope everything works out for you

- I've noticed some bugs at work keeping the debris off my garden
they clean up all the dead fallen off leaves - pretty interesting why they only eat the dead ones and not the ones off the plant - I have a lot of worms too - which are awesome.

I want to figure out a way to keep caterpillars off of tomato plants since I'm going to throw some outdoors here in a couple weeks.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Not all mites are dangerous to your plants. If they are in soil there's even a bigger chance they don't damage plants or might even help the soil food web. If you got a microscope or magnifier you can try to use google and identify them to be sure.
Also, outdoors it's kinda hard to fight the pests in a conventional way. You need to plant a varied garden, do companion planting and use plants and garden features to attract beneficial insects and birds.

You want to get nematodes. They will eat all the smaller bugs, eggs and larvae of other bugs.
I don't know what area you are trying to cover and the weather conditions, but if you can find nematodes from your local area garden supply they are probably the kind that will reproduce within the garden.
But if you spray pest spray on you garden the nematodes die also. It's a trade off.
If it's still raining you could spray something and then after a couple rains inoculate the garden with nematodes.

You want to get nematodes. They will eat all the smaller bugs, eggs and larvae of other bugs.
I don't know what area you are trying to cover and the weather conditions, but if you can find nematodes from your local area garden supply they are probably the kind that will reproduce within the garden.
But if you spray pest spray on you garden the nematodes die also. It's a trade off.
If it's still raining you could spray something and then after a couple rains inoculate the garden with nematodes.

I thought it was done raining but it looks like its going to rain a little bit more.

thanks for the tips!

Not all mites are dangerous to your plants. If they are in soil there's even a bigger chance they don't damage plants or might even help the soil food web. If you got a microscope or magnifier you can try to use google and identify them to be sure.
Also, outdoors it's kinda hard to fight the pests in a conventional way. You need to plant a varied garden, do companion planting and use plants and garden features to attract beneficial insects and birds.

I have to learn more about companion planting and what attracts what. I want to start a raised garden bed but am afraid it might be a little over zealous. I am not sure how to fill it on a budget.

Latest posts

Latest posts