What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Someone has to have tried this before.

Gnashin

So im just trying to get as much out of my lights as possible. I know someone has tried this before. I was just wondering if it is gonna burn the plants? 600 hps about 15"s away. 400 hps 15"away.
picture.php

View image in gallery

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Interference patterns could actually reduce useable light, it'll definitely mess with the air circulation. ...

troutman

Seed Whore
Interference patterns could actually reduce useable light, it'll definitely mess with the air circulation. ...

Maybe he can set an inline fan 6" from the ground pointing upwards and use the natural thermals to get rid of the heat.

While creating bat signals on his ceiling. :laughing:

I wood

Sometime in the mid 90s I played with reflectors like that.
It was about the time I went perpetual and they quickly became too much of a pain in the ass.
Harvesting a few plants every week meant rearranging plants to manage canopy way too often to mess with side reflectors.
I went with correctly sized rooms and white walls.

If you don't rearrange your plants often and/or operate in a larger room I think reflectors like that would be very much worth using.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I think you'd be better off using pieces of white poster board, or white plastic. Your light is hanging horizontally up above the plants right? If it was me, I would try and set it up in the corner. Cover the walls with white paint/poster board/plastic.

From my own observations over the years, the less "open" your space is, the more usable light that will reach your plants. No science, just what I've seen. If the light doesn't have anywhere to go, even if it's being reflected onto the plants, that's better than it just shooting off into space without plants.

I wood

Some good points made.
No point in shooting light back into bulb, adjusting panels closer to vertical would prevent that and open up the bottom area for better air flow.

Gnashin

Thanks for the info. Think im gonna try the corner route soon. Its a big room 12x12 and the plant could get up to 5' i got 2 good citculating fans and a 4"hurrican to suck the air out.

Its funny i feel like i got to much room. I just wanna fill with light and roll.
GODDAMN REGULATION!!!!!!!

St. Phatty

I do the same thing.

Have used -
* hanging glass mirrors
* mirrored Stainless Steel sheet
* mirrored anti-stat paper that is used for shipping flammable materials

I understand wanting to capture the light that goes past the buds, and reflecting it onto the underbuds.

But like someone said - Ventilation.

I would allow a little more room around the plants and maybe add some fans, blowing primo inlet air at the plants (not the mirrors).

Latest posts

Latest posts