What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmageddon

dickcorn

Joel Salatin is who I've based how I raise my livestock off from. Smart guy with lots of informative videos and books. Another good watch is the series cooked. Tells a lot of why we have so many sensitivities and allergies to today's food.

wasgedn

cooked aha found it thx...

cool you got a livestock...i want some chickens some time soon

cheers

Last edited:

rod58

another along the same lines is a book by , Eve Hillary called " Children Of A Toxic Harvest ".
a really good read and seriously makes you question just how safe some of our food is ..:tiphat:

Aether

Farmageddon is the story of a mom whose son healed from all allergies and asthma after consuming raw milk, and real food from farms. It depicts people all over the country who formed food co-ops and private clubs to get these foods, and how they were raided by state and local governments.

http://putlocker.is/watch-farmageddon-online-free-putlocker.html

Interesting flick, will put that on a watch list...sad that it's still a bit expensive to buy only local farm/garden food...it's amazing how much energy one can receive from raw food.. salads, fruits, berries, nuts...

Aether

another along the same lines is a book by , Eve Hillary called " Children Of A Toxic Harvest ".
a really good read and seriously makes you question just how safe some of our food is ..:tiphat:

Interesting book! :good:

Lot's of talk about the hazards of some of the pesticides and even chemical fertilizers...still, even some of the organic farming researchers say that there is not yet that much evidence on pesticide hazards to human health because the pesticides evaporate from the plant surface in direct sunlight and should not accumulate in the plant structures...although it has been proven that they can negatively impact the local fauna, from the soil microfauna to even local avian populations...

But...what is a safe level of chemicals in our food...? :thinking:

St. Phatty

But...what is a safe level of chemicals in our food...? :thinking:

Monsanto is happy to experiment on our children.

Doesn't mean we should let them.

I admire Dustin Barca.

Retired pro surfer in Hawaii that has led the anti-GMO movement in Hawaii.

Ran for mayor once I think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him continue in real public service (not specifically referring to political positions, which are very rarely about public service.)

Using GMO's in Hawaii

= poisoning Hawaii.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'm confused on GMO"S... when I was growing up, the watermelons had thousands of seeds... today there are none

I used to grow corn... I would have the water boiling, go outside pick it, and cook it, and many times the corn sucked.... today I go to the store buy corn, put it the fridge and days later when I cook it, sweet as sugar...

GMO"S???....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm confused on GMO"S... when I was growing up, the watermelons had thousands of seeds... today there are none

I used to grow corn... I would have the water boiling, go outside pick it, and cook it, and many times the corn sucked.... today I go to the store buy corn, put it the fridge and days later when I cook it, sweet as sugar...

GMO"S???....

Appears to be.
I've noticed apples cut in half...they don't brown from oxidation. Kind of un nerves me...if it's doing that to our produce, what is it doing to us at a cellular level?
I use only heirloom or seeds garnered from past crops and plant. And I buy produce when I can at grower's markets.

Unfortunately, GMO is here to stay.

rod58

Lot's of talk about the hazards of some of the pesticides and even chemical fertilizers...still, even some of the organic farming researchers say that there is not yet that much evidence on pesticide hazards to human health because the pesticides evaporate from the plant surface in direct sunlight and should not accumulate in the plant structures...although it has been proven that they can negatively impact the local fauna, from the soil microfauna to even local avian populations...

But...what is a safe level of chemicals in our food...? :thinking:[/QU
i've been a farmer all my life , cropping mainly , and i understand that sometimes pesticides need to be used but a lot of them are residual in the ground and in the plant ...
now ok there are checks and balances on SOME of our produce but a damn lot still gets through !
some of my neighbors were completely unscrupulous with the use of chemicals , even ones that had been banned ! when these are used it completely wipes out the soil microfauna , bees etc ..
these days i'm retired and grow my own vegetables ..i DON'T use canola oil at all because i know first hand whats in that !
and as you say aether , whats a safe level ? i really think we're walking a fine line here .

wasgedn

microfauna is the most important..imho
when farming on healthy no till soil even big mono fields need no chems...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gabe+brown+healty+soil

in europe all the good organic pestizids musst be labelt different then all the chems..so i got mk5 from multikraft which is not labelt as pestizid but it is...a organic pestizid..you can only kno that from ingredients which are listed on bottle...
EDIT and cause of the dead gnats after using ....

Last edited:

Aether

But...what is a safe level of chemicals in our food...? :thinking:[/QU
i've been a farmer all my life , cropping mainly , and i understand that sometimes pesticides need to be used but a lot of them are residual in the ground and in the plant ...
now ok there are checks and balances on SOME of our produce but a damn lot still gets through !
some of my neighbors were completely unscrupulous with the use of chemicals , even ones that had been banned ! when these are used it completely wipes out the soil microfauna , bees etc ..
these days i'm retired and grow my own vegetables ..i DON'T use canola oil at all because i know first hand whats in that !
and as you say aether , whats a safe level ? i really think we're walking a fine line here .

Yeah, is there a safe level if the chemicals build up in our bodies...

I think the worst thing is exactly that destroying of soil microfauna...

Why don't you use canola oil?

rod58

I think the worst thing is exactly that destroying of soil microfauna...

Why don't you use canola oil?

hey Aether , the reason i don't use canola oil is because of the high levels of chemicals used on it ..
lets start with a bare earth pesticide , for example ,,lemat , the active ingredient is also used to make sarin nerve gas !
then we have atrazine which i believe is now banned it a lot of countrys including the US ..
then after the crop germinates a regime of more pesticides are used .
then just before harvest the crop may have to be desicrated with herbicides to kill it or dry it all out evenly .
i think i may be correct in saying that these chemicals are absorbed into the seed and then of course the oil . i'd rather not risk it !

Mukind

GMO"S???....

Seedless...As cannabis users shouldn't be too odd for us. Probably could do it without GMing the produce

As to corn, it may be GMO, but probably not in the way you're thinking. Probably just fresher than you usually buy

Vast majority of GM food you consume was engineered to survive proprietary pesticides. Not to make them taste better or last longer, that's much harder

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Transgenic is one thing, GMO is another beast of its own.

It seems like most corn these days has some tweaking done to it. Transgenic is fine, GMO is playing with fire in my opinion.

Get those heirloom seeds while you can folks!

In Iraq I read that heirloom varieties are disappearing rapidly due to the US cramming GMO and Monasshole down their throats. Just awful.

Also read about a company making pollinator drones because bees will not survive the next decade.

Makes me sick. In a way I'm glad I'll be gone before these greedy fucks destroy our food and poison our children.

wasgedn

In Iraq I read that heirloom varieties are disappearing rapidly due to the US cramming GMO and Monasshole down their throats. Just awful.
now we talking....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also read about a company making pollinator drones because bees will not survive the next decade.
[/FONT]
we are fckd....

use compost tea and em-a around everywhere in youre gardens....it helps nature...
em-a foilar spray can break down fine dusts and chems....

thats why i drink fine zeolith or bentonit powder with water ...zeolith is better to mix...it helps to get stuff out which only get out very hard without proper roughage

Last edited: