What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkin - Station Z

Obsidian

Veteran
Gonna grow a Giant Pumpkin this year.:pumpkin:
Planted 5 seeds in starter pots.
Stay tuned to Station Z
:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I tried and had bad luck...never got a monster but I have gotten a few decent ones...yeehaw...and yes I made one per vine and followed all directions...

Obsidian

Veteran
Did you buy known Dill genetics or pumpkin seed sold as Dills?
Pumpkins cross breed with squash and other gourds, and makes bad fruits and messed up seeds with bad genetics.

The messed up Dill seeds will grow large and deformed pumpkins but not that Great Pumpkin we see in those contests each year.
If your neighbours had squash or some other pumpkin nearby it could screw up your possible Giant Dill.

Real Dill Pumpkin seeds from known Dill growers/breeders that produce monster pumpkins cost $20 - $25 each.
Only a few seeds are released from each breeder every year, and those sell fast.

Beyond that, any pumpkin growers reading, feel free to show off your work this year here if you want...

rolandomota

Veteran
Hey I tried growing some this year and I got a nice sized not great but a Lil bigger than what you find in the store. Not bad for planting in desert sand most has died off only a quarter or less of the plant is alive. It was more an experiment than anything I got mine at Lowe's for cheap.I plan on growing some better ones next year. You have to look for the most vigorous seedlings they grow a lot faster than the others. Those will give the big pumpkins even In crappy conditions. I can only feed at the main root I can't make the whole vine to root it's too hard for me I use a wheelchair to get around. Next year they will be huge I'm using the seeds I'm getting this year. They should be the same genetics I don't think anyone grows anything around here I also like to plant colorful or yellow sunflowers. I
I will put a pic up latter it's 5 :30 am right now. I just got a half p of brick too for 150

rolandomota

Veteran

Attachments

• 20161002_095929.jpg
    20161002_095929.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20161002_095852.jpg
    20161002_095852.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Latest posts