What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalyx's Nug Jug - Show of your headies!

Kalyx

I know there are plenty of threads with people posting nug shots and doing reviews. Here is yet another, I decided to create a new thread where I will be able to display what I'm currently smoking on. Will provide pics and reports on my stash. I welcome anyone else to join in feel free to post and share your stash.

:smoke out: :smoke out: :smoke out:

Smoke report is in for the: LA Kush.
Smoke report is in for the: Critical Cheese.
Smoke report is in for the: The White.
Smoke report is in for the: Cataract Kush.
Smoke report is in for the: Kosher Kush.
Smoke report is in for the: Strawberry Cough.
Smoke report is in for the: Chem D x Sour Diesel.
Smoke report is in for the: Death-Star.

picture.php

mmmmm.... tasty chunk of some LA Kush to get things started off.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Kalyx

Kosher Kush - Reserva Privada Seeds (OG Kush x Kosher [JG])

These little diamonds are just covered in crystals. Absolutely stunning to look at under sun light, glistening all over, resin glands very much intact. They were given a good dry and cure for the most part, have been finishing up the cure in my jar. This was my first time to try this strain, once I saw the nugs had to try them. The bag appeal is what sold me on these over the smell, that and this has been on my list of strains to sample. They broke up very easily and nicely a little bit sticky but not much, easy to pack a bowl or roll a spliff. You get some faint minty, piney smells that get stronger when breaking the flowers up. The smell really isn't the strong suit with this pheno, she more than makes up for that with high, flavor and bag appeal. Such a great smooth flavor that sits on your tongue after smoking. Powerfull smoke that expands in your lungs. Initially the flavor is very smooth and almost minty you get the pinsol earthy funk from the OG mixing in nicely with this hybrid. Not just another OG tasting cross that lack power, this is a great mix of flavors, amazing frosty nuggets of love, backed up with potency. Very strong high more indica leaning but not of the couch-lock variety, I just wouldnt recommend early in the day. I love that it smacks you in the face and then slowly you feel the indica effects creeping in relaxing your body. Overall have really enjoyed this one will be looking to enjoy her more in the future, that would be my jar and hopefully the garden. Excellent OG hybrid, unique flavors, great for a lazy relaxing day or the end of a long day.

picture.php

This was my first time sampling this strain if anyone has any experiences or pictures they would like to share please feel free. This was only one pheno of this plant I'm sure there is plenty more variation this line offers.

Last edited:

Kalyx

Cataract Kush - DNA Genetics Seeds (LA Confidential x OG Kush)

This batch has been my first experience with the Cataract Kush and nothing but impressed. It is clearly evident where the name comes from when your eyes start to glue shut. Initially look was impressive could see the OG in the structure but insanely dense and compact, the indica presence making itself known. The smell was a not overpowering but a very pleasant mix of kushy, berry, piney, skunky with hints of garlic and coffee. Upon breaking up the garlic, piney and skunky smells really took over. Such a tiny little nug just keeps breaking up more and more could not believe how dense these flowers were really took some work. The smoke is very thick and heavy numerous times giving me that sneezy tingle in the nostrils. The flavor on this one is great, has me continuing to go back for more, the stash is nearly exhausted because of this. I think it because I had smoked the LA Affie years ago and had fallen in love, only to never see her again.

The LA is clearly evident here in the flavor and high with this one. The OG is back stage, you know she is there but this is a LA show, I'm guessing this comes from the LA Con, another one I haven't experienced yet. She isn't fully Affie in flavor but it brought back fond memories of her, pungent, skunky, garlic, piney and a dash of sweet. It is really a wonderful complex array of flavors that develop on your tongue after exhale. The india/afghani dominance is noticable in all aspect from appearance, flavor and most certainly the effects. This was very powerful and relaxing stone, could feel it initially after taking a hit but showed some great creeper qualities. The effects really start to hit about 10 to 15 minutes after smoking, I haven't found a ceiling with this one yet, I also haven't been able to stay awake long enough to put in a good effort. Very strong through the entire body, extremely relaxing, in fact so relaxing you may notice you are unable to keep your eyelids fully open. Don't get me wrong I do prefer my sativas over the indicas, but I LOVE me some heavy indicas for night time. Really impressed with this strain top notch indica all the way around, brought back some great memories of the Affie. Great bag appeal, great smell, excellent flavor, potent fun stone, what more could you want for an indica? Will be keeping my eye out for this one in the future, including the LA Confidential as well, have heard great things about her. This one has been added to a long list of beans for the collection.

picture.php
picture.php

Here are some more pics from same person different batch.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

This was my first time sampling this strain if anyone has any experiences or pictures they would like to share please feel free. This was only one pheno of this plant I'm sure there is plenty more variation this line offers.

Last edited:

Kalyx

Death-Star - Clone Only (Sour Diesel x Sensi-Star)

This one is the Sensi-Star leaning pheno. First time smoking her have always had the SD leaning pheno previously. Love this one reminds me of my old Sensi-Star mommy with some fuel undertones. Great earthy rubbery smell that transitions to taste beautifully. Very potent strong indica buzz. The smoke with this one is so thick and strong nothing light about it. This batch had a great dry and cured pretty well, finished up the last of it in my jar. Buds a very sticky making it difficult to break up, even though the calyx just fall apart. The nugs have a medium density and are just caked with globs of resin glands. It has such a skunky, earthy, rubber cement and fuel smell that just burst out even stronger when breaking up. You receive a faint hint of the diesel, no doubt its a part of this cross but this pheno really lets the Sensi-Star shine.

The Death-Star has always been one of my favorite and my first experience with this pheno is no different. The potency and flavor and this one are amazing and I just love that star flavor that dominates this pheno. Brings back great memories of smoking the star back in the late 90's early 2000's. This one taste nearly identical to the smell, such strong earthy rubbery flavors and you find the diesel flavor coming through stronger as the smoke settles on your tongue. Indica and super potent all the way on this one, would not recommend for a day with lots of activities. Try doing a wake n bake with this bad boy and I don't think your day will ever begin. Such a strong euphoric body high, perfect for unwinding in the evening after a hard days work. Couch lock and munchies being induced are just as common as cotton mouth smoking this so be prepared.

Sensi-Star is one of my favorite smokes from back in the day also one of my favorite plants I have grown. I have loved Death-Star, has been one of my favorite indica smokes of recent years. Not sure if I could choose between this pheno and the other of the Death-Star I have tried, would say about equal in terms of potency. This one was so nostalgic for me, I have just been craving more of it. I highly recommend either pheno, if your a diesel fiend, love Sensi-Star and appreciate a good potent indica this a plant that wont let you down or disappoint.

picture.php
picture.php

Was able to snag another some more of this pheno from a different batch. This batch was an overall improvement of the previous, shows the grower is getting it dialed in even better.

picture.php
picture.php

If anyone has any info, pics or experiences with this strain any input is welcome.

Last edited:

Kalyx

The White - Clone Only (S1 bagseed from Triangle?)

This is probably the best batch of The White I have had, was dried and cured very well. Other batches I have tried were not properly dried making the smoke harsh and diluting the flavors. Absolutely stunning in appearance, glistening with trichromes, nugs were handled well with crystals intact shinning like glitter under light. These were manicured great next to no sugar leaves left on the plant always love that. The smell on these isn't the strongest but I get a lovely musty, earthy, anise, kush smell with hints of pine. Upon breaking the buds up the smell gets stronger, leaving your fingers a tad sticky with a nice dusting of crystals on the table.

The smoke from this I found very smooth, take too big of a hit though and you will find the smoke expanding in your lungs followed by a coughing fit. I can see the lineage connection in flavor with The White and the Triangle/OG family. That being said, I don't get the extreme pinesol lemmony funky flavor spectrum the Triangle/OG are know for. I get much more mellow flavor of musky, earthy, and anise with subtle pine nearly identical to the smell. Initially I'm hit with very mellow musky flavors that quickly develop and become more complex with strong kushy earthy tones topping off with anise and pine. The flavor is quite lovely and special it dances around on the palate for a long time after smoking. If The White is an S1 from Triangle, I can see the connections, truly a special cut that really displays the Indica influence of the more sativa dominate Triangle/OG cuts.

The high on this one is really impressive, very potent and indica all the way. So often I am left unsatisfied, unfulfilled with super trichrome covered nugs. Appearances can be deceiving, many of them look marvelous but when it comes down to what really counts they can't compete. Commonly left with a boring lack of flavors and a mild generic high at best nothing worth writing home about. This is anything but the case with The White, as good as her bag appeal is she backs it up all the way with flavor and high. At first the high hit you like a normal OG/Chem/Diesel right in the face making you think it might be a sativa with that headband effect. Don't be fooled the strong indica effects are right around the corner. Lack of motivation, strong appetite, hard time concentrating at times and very euphoric. Recommend for a night cap or a lazy afternoon of watching movies, also everything seems to be a little more funny with this one so great for a laugh. My first few batches of this I sampled were fairly enjoyable. Lack of a quality dry in those first few batches left me very unimpressed the flavor of this strain. This one has really started to grown on me, it lives up to its frosted appearance likes most other frosty strains don't. This is becoming one of my preferred indica smokes. This last batch really impressed me with the quality of flavor, and a flavor fiend I am. Other super frosted strains that live up to their appearance in my mind would be; Trinity, Deep Chunk and a very special Black Domina, probably safe to say The White has jumped to the top of that list.

picture.php
picture.php

If anyone has any info, pics or experiences with this strain any input is welcome.

Last edited:

Kalyx

Chem D x Sour Diesel - Not sure if this was a Cut of from Seed will investigate

Some of my favorite smoke in terms of flavor this year. Strong chemmy fuel to the max. Excellent potency does the trick every time.

This stuff is just awesome, I love it. As soon as you open your jar, the entire room if not the house will be taken over by an amazing, overpowering chemmy funk. Strong aromas of chem, skunk, piney, sour diesely goodness. These are not the frostiest of nugs but have such beautiful structure and colors with trichromes that just glisten and sparkle. Many of these nugs are just perfect little christmas tree shaped with fat calyxs and an amazing bright green color. Sadly the picture that is shown was of the last nug and does no justice to the beauty of these flowers. The next batch I get I will update with some much better pictures that better show the beauty. When breaking up these buds expect to have very sticky fingers covered in resin, this would make rolling a joint nearly impossible a price to pay, job hazard. The already pungent smell just explodes and amazingly gets stronger as you break up the buds. You really get to start smelling the skunky chem aromas that dominate, backed up closely by the sour piney earthy profile. While the Chem D is clearly dominate here with the smell, the Sour Diesel makes her presence strongly know in this excellent hybrid.

When taking a hit the smoke quickly expands in your lungs like a bomb, a very thick and very heavy smoke. The taste on this one is extreme to say the least, your tongue is quickly coated in a think blanket of chem funk. It stays on your tongue for a very long time, you can eat a meal, have a drink and it will still be there and strong. The flavors with this translate beautifully from the smell and are nearly identical it truly is an amazing thing. the chem stands out the most but you always know the sour d is there. Truly one of my favorite smokes this year and in recent history, something any chem/diesel fan would appreciate. The chem/diesel family are my some of my favorite smokes, Chem 91' SkunkVA is my favorite all-time. While this is no Chem 91' by any means, its a great chem hybrid up there with the best chem/diesels I have had. Insanely powerful high that smacks you right in the face, amazing flavor good to the last hit, over powering smell, and great bag appeal, what more could you want. Truly top grade connoisseur smoke that will put a smile on anyones face.

picture.php

Last edited:

Kalyx

Chem 4 - This is the Clone

Overpowering Chem flavor to the extreme. Roomate joined me on a bowl and thought it was sprayed with chemicals at first. 20 minutes later the flavor still on his tongue, Now he is hooked and wants more and more lol.

picture.php

Will be updating and adding a full smoke report shortly.

Kalyx

Critical Cheese - Dinafem Seeds ( Critical+ x Cheese)

First time smoking this strain had a mild but pleasant smell, hints of the cheese and pine. When breaking the nugs up the smell became much stronger, the pine was dominating the smell but it was evident that cheese was in the cross. The flowers were dried a little to much, tad crispy but broke up nicely and fairly dense. The smoke with this was pretty harsh at first but not to bad. Flavor wise on inhale was pine and a bit of campfire not all that pleasant. With the exhale and after settling on the palette, the flavor was more pleasant. Compared to smell the flavor was much subdued, the cheese is in there but hard to find, the pine was dominating, guessing this comes from the Critical+? The piney flavor was nothing like the pine i get from a haze or og, both different and unique. I suppose more generic and bland and in no way special is the best I can describe, if that makes sense?

The affects were a little slow to kick in and very mellow, sativa dominate high, would not consider it to be a generic high but not a special one either. Good motivational, conversational high, no racey or uppity affects. In terms of potency would classify as medium/mild, in no means am I a lightweight others might find this more potent. This would be a good smoke to get a little extra "mota"vation for the days activities or socializing with some friends. This had some decent bag appeal with a very pleasant smell, was dried a little too much and could have used a good cure. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor with this one it's pretty bland and potency wise it's not what I'm looking for. That being said I'm quite the picky pot snob, my opinions on quality have soured a lot of people. At least my friend that grew this did so organically, he did a good job with the flush. He needs to work on his drying methods and start curing his flowers. He also needs to increase the quality of the genetics he uses, I have tried to expand he genetic horizons but to no avail thus far.

picture.php
picture.php

This was my first time sampling this strain if anyone has any experiences or pictures they would like to share please feel free. This was only one pheno of this plant I'm sure there would be plenty of quality phenos leaning more to the cheese.

Last edited:

Kalyx

Strawberry Cough - Seed and Clone (grown by a friend usually grows by seed will see whose gear it is.)

So was able to do a little research, this batch was grown from seed problem is he doesn't know which company they were from. He does usually buy dutch genetics so would assume Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough but thats only an assumption. These are fairly dense, tight nugs that take a little bit of effort to break apart. These were dried properly and manicured fairly well, lacking a cure though. This batch had also gotten beat up pretty bad by the time it made it to my hands, this is what happens when storing your nuggets in plastic bags, thats a big no in my book. Usually my friend takes much better care of his nugs and stores them in the curing jars, sadly didn't happen with this batch. I know this poor handling of the flowers and lack of a cure negatively effected the final product.

Before breaking apart you are given a very pleasant strawberry fruity fragrance with a hint of skunk. Once broken apart you are given strong aroma of; strawberries, fruit, earth and skunk. The smoke on this one is thick, a bit hot and a little harsh initially, although not horrible. I'm guessing this is were the "cough" part of the name comes in. Being from Colorado and used to smoking the Cough an amazing local haze variety since the late 90's. Any batch I get of Strawberry Cough leaves me a little disappointed with the lack of the haze influence, thats only an association with the name cough. Back on topic, these flowers have a very pleasant flavor, it comes in very earthy and skunky with subtle hints of strawberry. Its interesting in that, the flavor you get on this one is nearly the opposite of the smell, where the strawberry is dominate, but in flavor the earthy tones take the lead.

The high on this one seems to be very balanced between sativa/indica leaning a little more on the sativa side of the spectrum. You feel it in the head initially good for creativity or a conversation, then the indica side is felt relaxing the body. This is by no means a couch lock variety, could be great for completing the afternoons errands. Smoking too much of this or all day long and will be hard to avoid a nap late in the day. Overall a decent smoke, has a nice hybrid high, lovely smell, pleasant taste, with decent potency. I don't usually put grades on bud but with this one I would have to give it a solid "B" overall, its by no means fire or anything insanely special but is a very enjoyable smoke.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Kalyx

LA Kush - Clone Only

Don't really know much about the history with this one, have heard a few different things. Just another lesser know OG cut, s1 of an OG. I would lean to it being another cut rather than an s1 but only speculation. This is probably my favorite of the OG cuts atleast up there. She can hold up with, Tahoe, Raskal, Larry, Ghost, HA, and Triangle in my opinion.

This batch was impressive, upon break up the calyx just fall apart, intense pinesol earthy aroma fills the room. Fingers will be left crusted with sticky oils, the smell is just intoxicating. Batch was flushed and dried well, good cure but could have gone a little longer, just finishing it up in my jar. Dense nuggets that break up and smoke very well. It's a smooth smoke but expands in the lungs, I get smokey earthy tones on the inhale. Exhale is a pure og bliss of lemon pinesol to the extreme. The flavor blankets your tongue and hangs out there for sometime, would smoke this for flavor alone. The high with this is no slouch either strong and powerful does the trick every time, probably to strong for lightweights. The high is strong and relaxing the best of both worlds in my opinion with no burnout. Probably not the best wake n bake variety but can be smoked in reasonable doses through the day without any couch lock or need for a nap.

I know of a couple people that grow this as well as shops in my area that sell the flowers. It has won some awards whatever that means, probably nothing. I have had numerous batches and never a bad one. Have had it side by side with batches of tahoe, ghost and triangle at different times, this one was either on equal ground or the jar I would grab first. Excellent smoke overall would put a smile on any stoners face. Is it the holy grail, hell no, but its a great og cut.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Kalyx

That kosher looks delicious.

It has excellent flavor, high and bag appeal. It smells great but not very strong even when breaking up the nugs. That aspect is a little disappointing, but in terms of odor control its excellent. What really matters is flavor and high, its got both of those. My buddy grew her, his first run with the Kosher and he really knocked it out of the park.

Kalyx

Thanks for the share Croptober! that XXX OG looks like some serious fire.:biggrin:

Will keep the OG train rolling here shortly. Got some new buds this week will be posting pics of; Triangle, Tahoe OG, HA OG and Delahaze.

I have completed the smoke reports for; Death-Star, ChemD x Sour Diesel, Chem 4 and Strawberry Cough. Just need to get those updated on the thread.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Curious about your report for Strawberry Cough.

A dear friend gifted some to me and my wife on our honeymoon and it was the worst of 4 gifted. Not even a comparison to the others and a complete let down. We were actually in Denver and I'm sure it came from a dispensary in the northern part of town.

I'd heard about Strawberry Cough for quite some time so this was a big disappointment to say the least.

Kalyx

Curious about your report for Strawberry Cough.

A dear friend gifted some to me and my wife on our honeymoon and it was the worst of 4 gifted. Not even a comparison to the others and a complete let down. We were actually in Denver and I'm sure it came from a dispensary in the northern part of town.

I'd heard about Strawberry Cough for quite some time so this was a big disappointment to say the least.

Ya no problem will get that up shortly. It is an ok smoke nothing horrible but could always be better. It does have a very nice strawberry aroma and flavor that is pleasant. Now one of my roomates actually scored some Strawberry Cough that is completely different from mine, no comparison. I will see If I can get some picks of those nugs up also there were some big chunkers in his sack.

Kalyx

HA OG - Clone Only (Hells Angel OG cut)

smoke report update coming soon.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Delahaze - Paradise Seeds (Mostly Sativa)

Smoke report update coming soon.

picture.php

picture.php