What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Aerokrafter. Yes, it's will be used just to nuke the air before it exits the building.

I do use a carbon air filter.

I apologize for sounding disrespectful, sometimes the weight of the world makes me a little edgy and stressed out.

R.Fortune

Im having some issues with getting my cuttings to root ..was hoping to have tjem already rooted ..but no luck yet ..got my fingers crosse..I havent run this strain b4 and I've never had problems with cloning in the past ...anyhow ...shrpshooter

@bell

9 mile?!? U out here? And I am very ambitious;-)

@AK

When in September do you plan to begin flower? I am already rooted and aiming to start flower August 26 but I could probably wait an extra week if necessary... I will be starting more clones around the same time...

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- DetroitFarmer

Welcome aboard! Your schedule sounds fine.

- shrpshooter

Some take longer - you will be fine. We are trying to keep everyone loosely together. Too many variables to try to stick to a rigid schedule. Some haven't even taken cuttings yet - so its all good.

- R.Fortune

You will get there. Just keep chuggin along. It will be worth it in the end.

****ACTION ITEM****

Everyone needs to figure out how many gallons their unit holds so we can calculate nutes.

-AK

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm at 40 gallons based on my estimate.

Will be going all Dutch Master of course, as prescribed.

In addition too: I might add a solution of rooting hormone powder to my cloners to speed up root growth and efficiency.

Does anyone use a flow meter with their RO system?

Thanks.

R.Fortune

Last edited:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use whatever you like to root your clones. I offer my recipe for those that haven't had success.

In bloom however, everyone will have to be on the same nute recipe in order for me to diagnose any problems and avoid the ones I've identified.

My units are all 40 gallons - I'm sure we will have a few different sizes among participants - its pretty easy to calc the proportion to get everything right.

Still looking for folks to check in on their clone status.

-AK

abellguy

RF-Sorry I missed your post as well! As AK said ozone is really no good. It's best if you can get by with carbon sometimes a double scrub is needed to get it all depending on your plant numbers. I know ozone will take the smell right off your plants completely if in the same room. Learned that one the hard way.

DF- I'm in 9 mile in my mind, I'm a socal grower in reality though lol :Rasta:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No problem abellguy. I figured you were in SOCAL. Spent some a lot of time out there with my last start up. It was CRAZY!

I need to get the RH down in my environment for my filter to be effective. I was planning on using the ozone just in my exhaust vent in an effort to cover all of my bases; you know?

Guys get thrown in county around here for ONE plant and don't even get offered bail.

I fucking hate it here. Stuck.

The gear I need can be ordered from out of state and shipped here cheaper than i can buy it locally; that's if they even have it.

Anyways, I got to make the best of it.

I just loved San Diego! Lot's of nice scenery.

R.Fortune

abellguy

Agreed on covering all the bases especially if you have hard core laws to deal with. On the exhaust and leaving the house you would probably be ok. I have never exhausted out of the house so for me its get that thing unplugged and out of the house lol

I've been down to SD once it was very nice, was thinking of working there originally but didn't like the boarder crossing no matter how much people would tell me not to worry. I'm in the LA/OC area quite a change from where I am from but I love it here :rasta:

Res cap

Res cap

AK, my res is 40 gal but leave a little room so probably at 35 gal.

Expect roots by 8-18 and start veg around 8-25

Have procured DM nutes and additives. Ready to rock an roll.

Mister_D

Veteran
Robert - just curious what your recipe for adding rooting powder to your cloner is? I was kicking this idea around a couple months ago, but couldn't find any dosage information.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Robert - just curious what your recipe for adding rooting powder to your cloner is? I was kicking this idea around a couple months ago, but couldn't find any dosage information.

Thanks for your interest.

I tried to mix up 5 ML in a mason jar but i just could not get it to dissolve well enough. 99.9% of it is a talc based powder so I guess no big surprise.

So, I then looked at Dip n Grow. Not sure about using it in a Aero cloner. Their ratios are about the same but its liquid.

I have KLN from Dyna Gro so I think that I'l just stick with that. It is added at 5 ML per gallon. Also, add some of their Silica pro-tekt or other silica based product if you have it.

R.Fortune

I have used Dip n Grow in a bubble cloner before and it worked great. Ran it for one day and then emptied out. Think I found this in the old overgrow forums back years ago.

Hello I'll be following along don't have anything cut yet but will be geting ready to run my aero 60. Broke my ankle in a motorcycle werck so i will be afew weeks behind. lots of good info in here

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On Cloning hormones and such:

I've seen them help some problem strains and make no difference in others. Run rooting agent(dipngrow, green fuse ect.) with plain water for the first 3-5 days and then change out to regular veg nutes.

For me, part of the definition of a keeper plant is one that is reasonably easy to clone. I want to be able to get 18 nice even clones out of 24 clippings every time. The best thing I have found as an additive for rooting clones is a touch of K.

-Mr. gt
Zone and Silica are part of the base nute package - so sm-90 and H2O2 would only be needed if a problem arises. If you are interested in joining the group, just post here in thread. Your post count will get you over 50 in no time!

-Dozja Budo
Still enough time to join if you can get cuttings going in the next lil bit. Read the organizational thread for requirements and if you want to join the official group. Of course you are welcome to follow along in any capacity. Send me a pm if you're interested in joining the group.

-AK

abellguy

When running my ez-cloner the best and easiest trick I found was running straight tap water (the clorine helps keep the pythium at bay) and just some rizo. About day 3 or 4 when you see all the nubs start to show I add veg a and b. By day 7 or 8 they are on to cups for my application. I use the powder religiously when cloning in rockwool for sure, nothing works better.

I will say and agree with AK some strains just don't respond well no matter what you do. I have since come to the conclusion it is something genetic and better stronger quicker rooting examples of those strains are availavble. I used to think some strains just didn't root well but time to start showing good strong rooting is different than taking a long time and only getting one or two scraggly roots and the latter just doesn't make for good genetics :rasta:

Clones

Clones

Ok, got roots showing on some clones in 10 days.

waiting for the rest and a little growth on then before going into my unit for veg.

mr. gt

haha im always a little paranoid on here and other great sites. ( lets not get off track)

i got some galactic grape, fort collins trainwreck haze, ghost train haze 9, pmp catpiss haze, and sour power coming to me. hoping to join along. its been a couple years for me, but always keeping up. i have a 400w induction getting dust on it.

I have always been interested in best gpw shows such as dr bud , some bobble head, and a lotttt from the infamous heath robinson getting like 2.3 or 2.6 gpw or what ever crazy number he got with the octagon. To me though it seems to be a big hassle and this(aeroflo) seems like i can call it a real k.i.s.s style compared to heath. and thats not even touching the topic of plant count.

My problem with this system (having no experience with it) is that I am worried about all the plants getting a disease that spreads to all the plants. That is why i asked about h202. That is what happened in my first dwc hydro. Before I realized how crutial water temp is. But thats my problem. What if a system fails and you lose the whole thing. Its not like we have back up chillers. I have to be away for 3 days and 2 nights and i want a aero 60.

I am worried about sm-90 (and h202) becuase i was wondering if it would mess with the ph or cancel out a nutrient or something like that in the kiss nute solution you made up (thanks for that)

Ive been following since about halfway thru the galactic grape thread and check the forums daily. I intent to copy but on a 60. and maybe 3 600's on a rail. or 2 1000w. not sure yet. Dont want to go much higher for safety.

Ive also been reading through r fortunes threads and u guys got a great thing going here. bringing back the aero. and sorry, but theres a lotttt of haters on here. im glad to see they get forgetten and you guys just keep moving foward. big respect. especially on the documentation. it'll really help people who dont understand much because much is done for them already. haha thats how we will ogtw!! keep it up.

Latest posts

Latest posts