What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5x8 Purpose built perpetual room construction and grow log. 400W HPS NFT gully system

OvergrowingKiwi

picture.php

particularly hot day top + mid temp

rocket high

Veteran
it'll be interesting to see how the home and garden stuff stuff compares to the powderd nutes.

im having a nightmare with my ph raising like crazy everyday there's something wrong it could be the water thats the problem but god knows what i can do about the ph fluctuation . i might change my nutes if they dont get any better .

anyway looking good for the final finnish ... i thought they would fill out at the end, mines tend to do the same , cant wait for the smoke report ;)

Very impressive very clean cant wait to see the final shots. May I ask what was the reason you decided to go with two blowers instead of just one?

Looking all good bro! Haven't been through in a while, stoked to see the progress. Setting up my own tent ready for the next run, I tell you what, you're lucky you got such a quiet room! My rooms ultra hot (in the Kapiti Coast) so I open the window and it sounds like I'm running a jet engine inside. So which nutes did you end up using? H&G or the standard Budwieser stuff from SOG?

Looking mean anyway mate! Bet you cant wait for the harvest.

ogenko

they looked pretty Sweeeeeeet 10 days ago
are they hanging in the drying closet yet????
and will we get to some pics of what the roots did inside those tracks???

OvergrowingKiwi

A really nice smoke. Can really taste the 2 1/2 week flush. Clean tasting and burning. More shiva in this than last time I grew it for sure. Got about 13 ounces of bud and 3 oz of leaf/popcorn I'm going to make cannabutter with at some point :p

picture.php

Made some improvements to the room for the next run.

Finished installing insulation and moved cool tube exhaust fan to a better location. Pulling air past the bulbs then exhausts up and out. Tried wall mounting but the vibration's were too loud. Hanging with bungie cords is the way imo.

Now rocking dual 400w full spectrum bulbs. Works out 66w per square foot now.

Added another gully and made some minor changes to the way it all goes together. 12 hydro pots in total now. Sitting flush with the table.

Installed muffler on the carbon filter exhaust. Was not expecting miracles but I'm impressed. Reduced air movement sound by at least 60% I'd say.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Installed a proper floro fixture in the vege/mother cab.
I've got various strains and stuff going on here now. Been given a few random seeds and the 2nd gen NLxshiva mum is getting bushy.
Have got around 20 nl-shiva clones on day 7 of rooting in rockwool. Planning to give them around 2 weeks vege before the switch. Going to get this strain tuned before I start something else. Various other seedlings will be cloned and flowered small under the 250w shade while the gullys churn out some more NLxShiva :)

picture.php

Will start a new thread when the clones root for the next run :D

peace

Andyo

Veteran
nice

nice

very nice to see .
So easy to flush in nft n hydroton .
Lookin forward to next one .A

OvergrowingKiwi

Is this a DIY carbon scrubber?

It's a silencer. Looks like a carbon filter but it's got acoustic foam inside. Was getting a lot of air movement sound as the air passed through the grill outside and found having straight ducting helped. I've been using this odorsok carbon filter thing but I'm replacing it with a proper can filter in a few days. Things are going to get more smelly this time and I'm pretty sure that little sock is bottlenecking my fan.

Heres a pic of the exhaust.
picture.php

HEy Bro
I dont know if they sell them for 150's but my baffle duct kit I bought from SOG for my 250 works wonders! I set it up in the attic and you can't hear a thing. TBH I found it works better than the silencers they sell. Just my two cents anyway.

Awesome harvest bro!

Good luck with the next run!

OvergrowingKiwi

Ah I see, does acoustic ducting make a big difference in noise reduction compared to regular ducting?

Mines just regular ducting, I've heard it makes a big difference tho :D

HEy Bro
I dont know if they sell them for 150's but my baffle duct kit I bought from SOG for my 250 works wonders! I set it up in the attic and you can't hear a thing. TBH I found it works better than the silencers they sell. Just my two cents anyway.

Awesome harvest bro!

Good luck with the next run!

Those fans look sweet. Think that's the smallest size they do those baffle kits. I bet that fans quiet. :D My rooms running quiet now can barely hear it. Insulation is really keeping it cool in there during the day too. Looking epic bro! Made me laugh with the ceiling incident.

Starting a new thread for round 2 in the Grow Diary's forum :D

Mr Apricot

Im flipping through this post thinking, Whoa. Just when I thought it couldnt get any better, bam, scrog / nft combo for the win