What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 big bud in RDWC DIY-new-

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
They are weeds and will do great. Your set up looks fine. I would NOT buy a res chiller for the temps you describe.

So what are the numbers for your plants PH and PPM? My veg room was 575PPM and 6.1 this morning. I may drain the system and replace with new mix at close to 500PPM.

I start light with the nutes and then move up as the ladies get bigger.

Your calculator looks good, I would just like to know what target you are going for, because 260mls for 8 gallons seems like a lot of nutes.

Peace, :joint:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
right know my ppm are around 700 at .5 scale and ph stable 5,5.
the 260 ml i add in 80 litres.
should i change all the water every week finally?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I would personally be running less than 700 in veg until my ladies were at least 24" tall. I also like 5.8 - 6.1 for veg.

I would change the water only if you notice problems with your plants, otherwise RO water and adding nutes should work fine.

If the hydroton wasn't cleaned well you may have to change the res a few times in veg because they put a lot of dirt into the water.

daemos

Great work Mr Hydrosun big props to you I have to say!!!

Im new to growing... still learning and havnt even set up my first grow yet but will be soon!

its great to know someone like your self comes on here and helps fellow growers out with thier probs and giving others your expirienced advice, Thanks its people like yourself who i learn from and gives me more and more confidence in what im doing or in my case gonnna do when its time to set my own grow.

THANKS!

TJO - hang in there mate im sure you will get your probs sorted just listen to the advice thats given and im sure you will be looking at a wonderful harvest soon i have faith in you brother!

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
I would personally be running less than 700 in veg until my ladies were at least 24" tall. I also like 5.8 - 6.1 for veg.

I would change the water only if you notice problems with your plants, otherwise RO water and adding nutes should work fine.

If the hydroton wasn't cleaned well you may have to change the res a few times in veg because they put a lot of dirt into the water.

bro your sustem is rdwc? can i use the tips you told me for my sustem?
also i want to ask you about ph..why do you think 5.8-6.1 is better for the
5,5??
yesterday i change 10 litres of nutrients water with 10 litres ro water
and my ppm drop to 600. i keep it that way and if i saw problem then
i will drop it more.
my hydroton is more clean then me..i washed hydroton very good and
in the last washing a used PH ro water.

TJO - hang in there mate im sure you will get your probs sorted just listen to the advice thats given and im sure you will be looking at a wonderful harvest soon i have faith in you brother!

people like hydrosun makes the community...community.
when i was member in greek planet ganja i help many growers
to start..not only with advices but with seeds and clones.
this the meaning.im here because i want help about rdwc.im not here for fun..but my hobby is my fun and my medicine.
in my soil grows with 600w my harvest was 500+ g. with 15 or 18 plants..
im getting old and i cant the tranplants anymore. even and the waterings.
my place is diffycult to handle as you see.
my dimensions are 1,80cmX0,80 in a short room.

i wish you good start with your first grow and be carefull.

highdensity

Back in the OG days I ran RDWC with full strength lucas formula and ph 5.2.
It was the general consensus that lower ph in DWC worked better.
Water roots are not the same as roots in media.
Just my 2 cents

Peace

BigGreen

Veteran
I would listen to hydrosun hes pumpin out some kick ass grows. ph 5.8 to 6.1 is perfect for dwc. Taking advise from him is good advise. Lets see some new pics and see what going on with these ladies.
Good luck and blow these girls up
BigGreen

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
highdensity
maybe rdwc works well in that range.maybe 5,2 or 5,8 is the same
think.i dont know.
you say 5,2 is better then 5,8..hudrosun says 5,8-6,1..
other growers says 5,5 im deeply confuzed .

big green
thanks for the luck dude.
i wish the for you.hydrosun is my personal teacher right know.
he answers to my questions and is good grower.

and some fresh fotos
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I would listen to hydrosun hes pumpin out some kick ass grows. ph 5.8 to 6.1 is perfect for dwc. Taking advise from him is good advise. Lets see some new pics and see what going on with these ladies.
Good luck and blow these girls up
BigGreen

Also all my systems until now have been DWC 5gal buckets. My veg room is still 3gal buckets. I never had RDWC until the UC and I still haven't harvested my first plant. Here is a recent pick of my mixed up grow room.

Well maybe a few weeks ago, but you can see big happy ladies DWC and the lower PPM and higher PH. Also my tap is 580ppm, so RO only for me.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hydrosun

how long did you keep the veg the big plant??
and what was the size of the pot you used? (diameter)

Bogie

I do DWC under 400w HPS. My air temp stays right at 79*f and my res temps run between 20 and 24*c, and I have never had a problem with my roots. They do get a little dindgy looking, not bright white like we would want, but they arent brown either. As long as thier not slimey or start to smell bad, you should be ok. Ive only done areo and DWC, never soil, and I think DWC and RDWC are the way to go. I am about 5 or 6 weeks away from haverst in my current grow, I will be converting everything over to RDWC for my next one.
Anyway, your system looks good bro, Good Luck :joint:

D

Dissect

tjo - nice setup bro, looks clean. I was wondering about the containers you are using because I'm thinking about using them too. Do you know what the width of those 5 sections on the lid are? I'm trying to guess but that's about all I can do is estimate.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
bogie
i have made lots of grows with scrog tecnique.keep it that way bro.
my temps and ph are in the good level now.
my roots are clear i thing..i was panic and the signs are from nutrients.
this is my first grow in hydro and i dont know how the really roor rot likes.
a made rdwc not because is the way, but for easy maintenance.
i thing works great and the only disadvantage is the noise of the air pump.

10 days veg
attachment.php

Attachments

• 5-11-09 003.jpg
    5-11-09 003.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 5-11-09 004.jpg
    5-11-09 004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 5-11-09 001.jpg
    5-11-09 001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 13
D

Dissect

tjo - thanks for the dimensions of the buckets. Nice work with the reflective lid covers too. Way to keep it nice and clean. I was wondering about the measurement(width) of the 5 raised rows on the lid itself. I've attached a picture, if you could help that would be awesome. Trying to determine if they can be used for my next grow.
picture.php

Technique

Tjo, not sure anyone has said this.

but if your having problems with the draining of the system.. try putting some inline taps on the feed lines to slow things down a bit..

otherwise good work :)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
dissect

im not sure what you mean..but if you mean the rows on the lid
are 2,5cm each and the width from row to row is 19,5cm.
im thinking to cut small pvc panels 2cm depth.
this is mean 2 more litres in each container and better insulation from the heat.

tecnique

is a good idea the inline taps but a dont want to slow the movement of
the water.also my level of controller is not the same with the containers
but i dont have problem with that. sould I?
can you suggest me something?

daemos

im trying man

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i have a problem.

i add 20ml h202 30% in 80 litres of water..after a few minutes
all the leaves are down like underwatering.

i dont know what to do..im thinking to change some water, or the plants wiil
recover?? ??
:1help:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
try to change water immediately and see if they recover.
I don't use h2o2 in the water...air stones are more than sufficient I think,don't you?
I only use diluited h2o2 to clean the tank.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
try to change water immediately and see if they recover.
I don't use h2o2 in the water...air stones are more than sufficient I think,don't you?
I only use diluited h2o2 to clean the tank.

yes.it was a stupid idea.i cant change all the water because my RO
water is not enough.my first move is change 10l water of my system
with 10l pure ro water.
im worry bro.im very worry...:frown:

Latest posts

Latest posts