What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why the medical marijuana community is split over legalizing recreational use

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am gonna vote against it. I personally think it is 180 wrong direction. I think that one of the most enlightened laws I have ever seen in effect regarding drugs is the law they have in Quebec that only allows the mom and pop corner stores to sell beer on Sundays. This law alone is responsible for their continued existence. Anyone can buy beer at supermarket prices up to midnight on Sat. but still so many people buy it on Sunday that it works.
I would like to see something similar in CA (eventually) where the only people allowed to grow for other people would be people who were actually disabled. And then only for a limited number of people. I believe if this happened, in CA and everywhere, that a whole lot of people who now are on social security disability income could suddenly support themselves, by either working small grows themselves like 200 plants or so, or with assistance from non-disabled workers, and we could greatly reduce the future financial problems. Or we could just let the same asshats that now nickle and dime everyone to death while themselves leading predatory lifestyles that are beyond that of former royalty, steal everything like they usually do. Then if you aren't harvesting with a combine and patenting your genetics you ain't in the game. Because you gotta know that these fuckers could put everyone out of business with factory farms and plants that produce a thousand pounds of extracts an hour.
These guys steal everything if you let them, because capital always concentrates until the people wake up and spread it around again to revitalize the economy. Because a hundred million plebs buying common necessities and common luxuries, is far better for the economy than one or two rich pricks buying a yacht or investment homes that nobody lives in. Fuck them. This should be ours, the little guys who where fucked over by society because of their affection for a flower.

^^^your proposal for medical only is absolutely preposterous!
This shit is about human Rights!!!
It has absolutely ZERO to do with special rights groups that wish to exclude people from participating in certain activities.
Freedom for everybody is the goal!

Latest posts

Latest posts