Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Florida > Growing in FL

Thread Title Search
Growing in FL Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2018, 03:02 PM #1
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Growing in FL

I am encouraged by the recent court ruling in Tallahassee allowing a medical patient to home-grow. So much so I am considering putting a few Haze seedlings outside to grow.

I am sure this humid, hot, FL weather with sandy soil would be ideal for cannabis to flourish.

On the other hand I stand to lose my federal SS disability payments if convicted of a felony (cultivation). So I guess it's best for me personally to continue rocking my mini-cab indoors.

I sure do look forward to the day we can put some Sativas outside to soak up this Florida sun and enjoy this long growing season.

I am almost willing to risk the possible consequences but ultimately the risks still outweigh any reward for me. But I do hope there are some brave others who are willing to grow outside and prepared to go to court and use this latest ruling as precedence.

I do think that is the way to go and now have the judiciary backing as well as the landslide will of the people. I personally am getting too old to play their reindeer games nor care much about whatever the conservative powers that be do. And will continue rocking my mini-cab.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

"Well, da Nile ain't just some big river in Egypt neither."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.
-
Bob Dylan: All Along the Watchtower

Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away.
-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 04:14 PM #2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich has disabled reputation
Did fla finally figure out home growing? Last I heard they (fla) designated only 3 provisioning centers to get your meds from and personal grows were illegal.

If the laws changed and home grows are now legal, I'm picking up and moving back home asap!

I'll deal with the heat and hurricanes. Better than the fn snow and shut drivers here in Michigan.
DemonTrich is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 04:15 PM #3
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant futureGry has a brilliant future
You may not vote on any more threads today.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:07 PM #4
dddaver

dddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant futuredddaver has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonTrich View Post
Did fla finally figure out home growing? Last I heard they (fla) designated only 3 provisioning centers to get your meds from and personal grows were illegal.

If the laws changed and home grows are now legal, I'm picking up and moving back home asap!

I'll deal with the heat and hurricanes. Better than the fn snow and shut drivers here in Michigan.
No. Not yet. That's the whole point.

DAV -

I can't decide which I like better: either, arguing on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, you might win but you're still retarded; or never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience; or you can't fix stupid, so why argue with it? They all are funny, and all are true too.

-

-George Carlin

"The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise Man knows himself to be a fool
"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 PM #5
dddaver

I just read about the case. It involved a 74 year old Tampa man with stage 4 lung cancer whose doctors had prescribed medical marijuana. He uses the whole plant in juicing.

Judge gives green light for Tampa strip club owner to grow marijuana

Dispensaries are currently only allowed to sell oil. The dispensaries are few and far between, tightly regulated, and hugely expensive.

This same judge is also presiding over the suit brought by John Morgan contending the current state of affairs with MMJ is unconstitutional.

The judge wrote a 22 page finding and states the Department of Health is violating the state constitution in placing all their regulations on MMJ making the Amendment 2 passed by over 72 percent in the 2016 election to be useless and moot.

She (the judge) in her written opinion, knowing appeals would be immediate and inevitable, also warned against "judge shopping" by those appealing. She also points out the Department of Health has failed to meet those standards laid out in the Amendment which clearly states unless a plan is devised their regulation becomes void.

The regulations the Department did lay out have been stiff and physically impossible. Like mandating there only be 5 production facilities statewide and that no production companies can also operate dispensaries.

I do see some hope in this finally coming to a head. The Department of Health has clearly been acting in an unconstitutional, law breaking manner.

Like usual, you can follow the money to see why. Big pharma owns Governor Scott and owns the state.

But if the judge ruling holds, maybe the tide has turned. And the sick people and the majority in Florida will finally get the justice they voted for.

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:28 AM #6
Soulrebel239

Soulrebel239 will become famous soon enoughSoulrebel239 will become famous soon enough
Florida's best lawyer John Morgan will have the whole state smoking flower real soon.

PC Case Growers Club
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....543#post953543
Soulrebel239 is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 PM #7
dddaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulrebel239 View Post
Florida's best lawyer John Morgan will have the whole state smoking flower real soon.
Let's hope

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:52 PM #8
dddaver

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/j...ical-marijuana

DAV -

-

-George Carlin

"
-William Shakespeare

Long signatures suck.
-dddaver

dddaver is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 PM #9
starke

starke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of lightstarke is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaver View Post
One small step at a time. Then will come the fight with big pharma.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grow: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=28 Page 28, bottom, forward
starke is online now Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 PM #10
DemonTrich

DemonTrich has disabled reputation
I wish fla would hurry up. I'm waiting to move back "home" after being gone for 22 yrs.
DemonTrich is offline Quote