Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Illinois > Illinois Lawmakers Proposes Legislation to Legalize Marijuana

Thread Title Search
Illinois Lawmakers Proposes Legislation to Legalize Marijuana Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 08:55 AM #11
master kusher

master kusher will become famous soon enoughmaster kusher will become famous soon enoughmaster kusher will become famous soon enough
Seems they're considering cashing in like some of the other states have. Most of the time it just boils down to the numbers, if it's more productive (financially) to legalize or keep it illegal.
master kusher is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2018, 04:09 AM #12
Bumbatar

Bumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really niceBumbatar is just really nice
This bill was a long time ago is it dead now??
Bumbatar is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 10:23 PM #13
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they were gonna vote this year but fuck if I know.nobody seems to know anything.
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 01:21 AM #14
G7T

G7T is on a distinguished road
Illinois medical

Big companies do all the grows indoor except one greenhouse.
G7T is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2018, 07:03 PM #15
goadhap

goadhap is on a distinguished road
Cook County weed legalization

On the ballot today. I'm sure it will pass, but it will mean little. At least it's another step in the right direction.

Thinking seriously about leaving Illinois. So many right-thinking States; why stay?
goadhap is offline Quote

Old 03-28-2018, 01:02 PM #16
AbbieDoobie

AbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really niceAbbieDoobie is just really nice
I'm an Illinois MMJ card holder with PTSD. It is illegal to grow here and I highly doubt they will allow it under a rec law. My 3-year card cost me over $300, plus two required doc visits and other expenses involved. Premium bud ounces are $320 and shake ounces for $200 at the same thc level. I have a GSC shake at 25% thc and it's fire. I used to buy the premium bud, but it just got too expensive. We get to buy 2.5 ounces every 2 weeks which is a terrific quantity to be allowed. In 2020 when my card expires, I'm not too sure I'm going to renew it even if rec doesn't happen by then. I could do some kind of Q&A if anyone is interested. I've been in the program since Jan 2017.
AbbieDoobie is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2018, 05:42 AM #17
XXX_710

XXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura aboutXXX_710 has a spectacular aura about
IL ballot questions are just polls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goadhap View Post
On the ballot today. I'm sure it will pass, but it will mean little. At least it's another step in the right direction.

Thinking seriously about leaving Illinois. So many right-thinking States; why stay?
Unfortunately in IL, ballot questions do not carry the weight of law. So, they are nothing more than polls. Those states still without MMJ programs lack the ballot referendum process that the "legal" states have. It takes political guts to vote reefer.
XXX_710 is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 PM #18
Julian
Canna Consultant

Location: California-Colorado-Arizona-Illinois-Michigan-Mass-Maryland-Maine-Oregon-Nevada-Florida-New Jersey
Julian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really nice
There is quite a bit of progress with expansion of medical as well as another draft of adult use bill expected soon (already late?)

The Opioid bill looks like it's proceeding with support which should help, as well as possibly taking the approach of Murphy in New Jersey with, assuming Pritzker victorious in November, may be an executive order expansion of medical while preparing for the adult use.

There has been numerous changes in the original drafts (adult use) and while one has to wait and see final, it is seeming sponsors have not bowed down to stakeholders desire to limit future licensing, so this is a bright side as well. (Open licensing in future).
It is said of the wild goose that it calls to it's comrades whenever it finds food; this is the symbol of peace and concord in good fortune. A man does not want to keep his good luck for himself only, but is ready to share it with others.

A sage who has put the world behind him and who in spirit has already withdrawn from life, may under certain circumstances,decide to return once more to the here and now and to approach other men. This means great good fortune for the men whom he teaches and helps. And for him this greathearted humbling of himself is blameless.

Henry David Thoreau:Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.
Julian is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:46 PM #19
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
HOLY FUCK!JULIAN the legend himself!respect!havent seen you for years but you gave me so much information.YOU ARE THE MAN!!
shithawk420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:04 AM #20
Julian
Canna Consultant

Location: California-Colorado-Arizona-Illinois-Michigan-Mass-Maryland-Maine-Oregon-Nevada-Florida-New Jersey
Julian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really niceJulian is just really nice
Very kind of you to say....I'm truly humbled, as well as honored......

SB 336 (?) is on Rauners desk and just hit 30 days which should open up the program quite a bit as well as touched on above, Pritzker doing a New Jersey/Murphy and adding all conditions that Rauner administration appealed(ing).

Sponsors now slacking on the adult use as nothing can be done until Rauner out/Pritzker in, and this complicates white a bit as how can one (stakeholders) plan for anything when no draft produced to "give an idea of what they have in mind"....

(On that note, NJ is about to open additional medical licensing and they should have their adult use passed by Sept 1st, and have also suspended all marijuana prosecutions as well.....)

IL a trainwreck (operators).....biggest issue to be seen is will there be additional adult use licensing as stakeholders (as above) trying to prevent additional operators......

I'm extremely pro-patient (the most of anyone in the state) and market has to open up.....The stories I could tell....(but luckily (for operators) won't....)
It is said of the wild goose that it calls to it's comrades whenever it finds food; this is the symbol of peace and concord in good fortune. A man does not want to keep his good luck for himself only, but is ready to share it with others.

A sage who has put the world behind him and who in spirit has already withdrawn from life, may under certain circumstances,decide to return once more to the here and now and to approach other men. This means great good fortune for the men whom he teaches and helps. And for him this greathearted humbling of himself is blameless.

Henry David Thoreau:Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.
Julian is offline Quote