What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Dakota Voters

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
North Dakota Compassionate Care Act 2016

Our Story

It all began after the legislative session was over in 2015. The North Dakota House of Representatives declined to pass a bill, which was introduced by Rep. Pamela Anderson of Fargo, which would have legalized medical cannabis in the state.

After the bill was defeated, Rep. Gail Mooney suggested to the House that it may be appropriate to study the medical cannabis issue. That idea went by the way side. Rep. Mooney then commented that it opens the medical cannabis up for a possible initiated petition drive.

That got many of the current committee members who testified at the house of representative and members of the committee who have medical issues to start the process of getting a petition drive started. After an initial turndown of the petition by the Secretary of State, the committee got all of the I’s dotted and T’s crossed to get approved for signature gathering. So began our journey on December 1st to start the signature gathering across the state.

Our journey to get the 16,000 signatures is just the start.
We will need your help in educating the voters of North Dakota as to the benefits of medical cannabis.
The journey will end on November 8th, 2016 in the general election.
Thank you to every one who has volunteered their time, money and talents to the effort.
Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition.

Sponsored by North Dakota Compassionate Care 2016, Treasurer Murphy Anderson
Ok folks, This is long awaited and long over due. All of us growers have wanted the opportunity to help others with our skills in growing. With other Countries and States many people have paid a very high price for growing. North Dakota is a great State with very hard working people that need our help. If you live in ND as I do .Please speak out and support these costly efforts. Thank you for your time to read this thread. Peace:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
North Dakota passed Measure #5 Tuesday! Thank you to all the people who had a hand in this effort. This is from a Republican State that still has Sunday closing laws. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
While the state has gone to great lengths to oppose MMJ. There is a petition being circulated to put legalized/ recreational marijuana on the 2018 ballot.

While the state will make great efforts to squash this as well. We are making ground slowly. Oh by the way, there is some great smoke being grown in ND. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
A North Dakota legislator is pushing a House bill to allow home grows of two plants. While two plants is ridiculous for a medical patient. I forget how ignorant our government really is.
That's like handing two band aids to a mother with toddlers. Hope this lasts you the whole year. Especially if the growers have regular seeds and have to sex them. There is no buying clones here.

It should be at least 10 plants per household, or better yet per adult in the home. There isn't a provision for caretaker's. So if you don't know how or have a place to grow your screwed anyway.
Peace

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A North Dakota legislator is pushing a House bill to allow home grows of two plants. While two plants is ridiculous for a medical patient. I forget how ignorant our government really is.
That's like handing two band aids to a mother with toddlers. Hope this lasts you the whole year. Especially if the growers have regular seeds and have to sex them. There is no buying clones here.

It should be at least 10 plants per household, or better yet per adult in the home. There isn't a provision for caretaker's. So if you don't know how or have a place to grow your screwed anyway.
Peace

Two is better than ZERO.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Airidbud, yes two is better than zero, no doubt! It would be a crack of daylight in the right direction. I was venting my frustrations. We/ I have been working so hard for so long. Much better proposal's have been voted in by the people of the State already. Only to have them dismantled.

How much good could you do with only two plants? Your business efforts would be crippled.
Peace MedDakotabis