What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

good flushing agent?

matt11

Always flushed with plain water, but wanted to try one of the flushing nutrients:
1st choice - flawless finish by advanced nutrients
Royal flush by Humboldt nutrients

Anyone have any experience with any of these? Or could suggest anything better.

johnnydoesit

Friend of mine uses Flawless Finish (on top of his 3-5x water runoff flush) and the smoke is a bit cleaner than with just the flush. He is real happy with it.

I just began experimenting with Ful-Power with my flushes personally.

I flushed with flawless finish for 2 weeks, but didn't use it per directions, I used also mollasses in the water. But her herb ashes white.

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
I remember a time in my earlier grow years when I had 20 something plants and I went to the flushing extreme.

I went to a local grocer and actually bought a gallon of distilled water for each plant. Talk about a funny experience hauling all
of that distilled water back home. I labelled all the gallon jugs by number to associate them to each plant and gave each plant
enough water until some ran out the pot holes. It took a couple of waterings to finish each gallon of water.

Once I was done I waited a few days and then harvested.

People with RO system have it easy. :laughing:

EastCoast710

literally pouring money down the drain lol..

just FLUSH tons of water.. get the ppms down.. and your good to go my friend. dont need to pour anymore money down the drain..

and if u wana try something. u can use dish soap.. 1 drop per gallon.. does the SAME thing any of those expensive ass products do.

Canna Cat

just FLUSH tons of water.. get the ppms down.. and your good to go my friend. dont need to pour anymore money down the drain..

and if u wana try something. u can use dish soap.. 1 drop per gallon.. does the SAME thing any of those expensive ass products do.

I tend to agree with you,have never seen the need for flushing agents

EastCoast710

i tried 2 diff ones.. and dish soap.. all with the same results as just water lol companies just wnat your money.. just flush a few days longer.. lol.
and if you arent OVERFEEDING you should be able to use just water for 2 weeks and be done. if u need do straight water longer.. until your leaves are yellowed and start to die and get crunchy lol.

CoCoSativas

Actually they do make a difference in coco and cmsoil (I don't use hydro food in dirt just organics but it's like coco holds salts) I use florakleen and a enzyme.

Use a enzyme in your flush. I started because that's what canna says use for flush and it's awesome. Combining a enzyme and flush agent makes for the cleanest coco buds I've ever produced

This is broscience, but I think what matters is that inside the stems and plant material you want just water.. If you pick the plant while high ppms are still in the medium. You will have nutrients in the water inside the plant, so when you pick it, that water will dry out, but leave behind that stuff. What you want is the plant to suck up clean water so when you pick it there is not any nutrients left behind from the evaporation..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
nothing to flush unless your talking about my toilet....yeehaw organic...... pure water last few weeks

Questions on flushing in coco and agent?

Questions on flushing in coco and agent?

Not trying to jack your thread but this is my first time growing in coco and going from seed to harvest myself and I'm almost at the flush point that said I'm on week 7 using full canna line, trepernator and earth j calmag(using RO) at full bloom I was up to 1200 ppm (I relize that is high now but no signs or defencies or discoloration throughout the whole time) now on week 7 down to 800ppm dropping ~200ppm every day or so till under 200ppm then going into the "canna flush" (cannazyme and boost) for ~5 days and since I was over feeding I was planning on using final finish (as recommend due to over feeding) after the "canna flush" and rinse in final finish after at for ~5 days of ph water untill the last day with lights out and then chop chop

Since this is my first time I'm going by research talking to LHS and the one fellow grower I know(but he just had a baby so no time really) and by what the plant says reading trichomes and pistols also

Any tips info things I'm missing or over thinking is great

4x4, 400w hid, 2 plants (super iced grapefruit), 5 gallon fabric pots using full canna line, trepernator and earth juice calmag
Remember first time grow on my own doing scrog method (don't knock ~38+ tops/colas)
does what I have planned sound about right? And does my schedule sound and look about right?
Here are some pics from today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 31

DatHomeGrown

About that Flawless Finish

About that Flawless Finish

The main ingredients for that product are Magnesium Sulfate, and Magnesium chelated with Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid(EDTA), a chemical derived from ethylenediamine, formaldehyde and sodium cyanide. And magnesium sulfate is Epsom salt, the same stuff you can buy a 4lb bag of for no more than $20 dollars. Seeing stuff like this is what made working at a grow shop harder to enjoy.
flawless-finish.jpg
FinalPhase-dati_10183-3092.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediaminetetraacetic_acid

810FireFarm

most people harvest with too many built up nutes in the plants ...if your plants are not yellowing at end before harvest they are still packed full of nutes.

leaching nutes from soil then in turn causes plants to use stores

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Guys, I have 18 x 100 gallon reservoirs changed weekly. We cut our flush from 7 days to 5, but increased flooding from 1 to 2 times per day to 4 or 5.

Use 10ml per gallon white vinegar, it's cheap, dissolves salts and buildup, and flushes plants very quickly. Do not adjust pH after dosing the vinegar, it's supposed to be acidic.

Latest posts

Latest posts