What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacuum desiccator, which one did you get and why?

Jibman

I rather buy a already made chamber. My concern is the 1/2 inch lid. I am looking for others that have a thicker lid. Good info though for those who want to build their own.

hammalamma

Veteran
That one looks nice, should one be concerned with the rivets through the pot & handles? Potential air leaks maybe?

Maybe, but mine holds 29.9 for a couple days with no loss. I did a lot of research on other sites before I picked this one up, it works really well especially for the price and hooks right up to a vac pump.

Red Fang

Veteran
forgive me but for us non-californian or non-colorodans here, wtf are you talking about?
what kind of extracts and where is there more detailed info?

Jibman

Maybe, but mine holds 29.9 for a couple days with no loss. I did a lot of research on other sites before I picked this one up, it works really well especially for the price and hooks right up to a vac pump.

How long have you had the vac it pro? Looks very well made, And the price isn't bad at all. Is the pot more on the heavy or light side? I have a friend who got one a while back that is made out of a pot with handles and his is fine after years of use and abuse. lol

CarefulGrower

Do you feel the lid isn't thick enough? Just want to be sure that i get a good chamber. I wouldn't be using it all the time. Mostly to do a few runs every once in a while. That have some other interesting chambers on ebay.

I'd hold off on that one, if a lid implodes (don't know that it can) acrylic shrapnel would suck. Vac-it-pros are popular, but I think they used an aluminum pot, I prefer sainless steel as it is stronger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Purging-Vac.../130900402747?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item1e7a45a23b

Thick lid, braided hoses, stainless steel with no rivets. This is the chamber (exact, same seller) I use. No leaks, no problems. You may want a shipping quote to space though (your location).

I'm thinking you will have to replace the tubing. when you pull a high vac it will pinch in on itself.

I've used plain thin 1/4" I.D vinyl tubing, no pinching or problems unless you pinch/bend it physically. My new one has reinforced pvc tube so it's hard to even do that. Both worked well, reinforced obviously beikng better.

i dont think that chamber is 6 gallons aero. 5 gallons are all 11.75" ID and 11" deep, and that one is 11.5 x 10, so i think its a 4 gallon

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
11.75 X 11.75 X .7854 X 10= 4.69 gallons
232 cubic inches

Jibman

I picked up a vac it pro 2.5 gallon. Many people seem to use these just fine. I did hear from somebody that the lids will crack over time. Was told not to worry about it unless i am using it all the time. Now i am looking for a new pump.

Thinking about picking this up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643253424

Kushed_

I picked up a vac it pro 2.5 gallon. Many people seem to use these just fine. I did hear from somebody that the lids will crack over time. Was told not to worry about it unless i am using it all the time. Now i am looking for a new pump.

Thinking about picking this up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643253424

That would probably match your chamber pretty well. Nice choice of not buying Chinese crap, IMAO.

Jibman

Its almost twice the price of a US General two stage at Harbor Freight, But i don't want to get cheap equipment that clunks out or has to be returned like other people i know. And made in US is always preferable even though you pay more. Will make a decision tonight.

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
any new updates from anyone, love the thread and im learning a lot, cheers

Maina

Veteran
Just got a two stage vacuum pump 5 cfm on sale $170. But I just got a 1.9 cf vac oven. In mint for 800 :woohoo:

hey jibbman, i got my jb platinum 7 cfm 15 micron pump for $200, its pretty bad ass. i finally found a good larger chamber that actually holds a 30hg vacuum for 2 days with my pump turned off. i had been through 2 of them because they were leaking where the valve went into the lid. the new one uses a custom manifold instead, and that really works

CarefulGrower

hey jibbman, i got my jb platinum 7 cfm 15 micron pump for $200, its pretty bad ass. i finally found a good larger chamber that actually holds a 30hg vacuum for 2 days with my pump turned off. i had been through 2 of them because they were leaking where the valve went into the lid. the new one uses a custom manifold instead, and that really works

Got a picture? Just replaced my last chamber due to a similar leak (but I dropped it, causing the leak), curious if there is a better way.

Latest posts

Latest posts