What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
damn foe20, ive been lurking in your thread in dj shorts forum for awhile, never figured you to be from the midwest. killer buds as always.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Man i would love let the male Ortega knock up my virgin sour bubble Bx3. Thanks for sharing foe. Keep it up.

jt45255

very nice grows everyone please check out my midwest grow if u have time i appreciate all comments the grow journal is on another site been having issues uploading pics to this fourum .

good luck to you and all your grows

B

Blakendn

FOE20 said:
the Midwest growers....Ive always called it the Butthole of teh country..But its aight for what it is...hehe..I wonder if Ive enjoyed any of the other growers up on here..What I grow is mainly fo MED folks so it doesnt reach very far at all..Ive given a grip of cuts out tho and a ton of seed..

Blake thats a mad list of boys bro..Theres a few we could work with tho..
a few males tword teh bottom there..I have a real nice Ortega atm..

looking good abirdintheair and FOE20 nice pics fellows

butthole of the country huh thats a funny one, i never looked at it like that.
yeah the rest of the world dont know about us midwest boys yet. cali getting all the shine, its all good though. i got love for cali but my heart is in the midwest. its some hella green thumbs in the midwest. i've been farming veggies with my grand dad since i was 3 years old its in my blood.

hey foe hit me up bro i'll have lots of pollen real soon. i just took my males in for some 12/12 action.

L

lostinethereal

Nice man, those are some pretty big fuckin' plants. Any chance of posting a shot of some of those males ya have a room for?

astartes

Blake ---

Being in the midwest do you have trouble finishing up all your strains before frost? Do you bring em in to finish up or have a dark tent to for finishing up the slower ones outside? Those are some monsters right there! Gonna yield fat :rasta:

B

Blakendn

Nothing fancy just a basement, this shot is before i cleaned up. so yes it looks a mess in the pic.

i just keep my males under some cfl's until they are ready to make love.

i separate them and soak them down killing any lose pollen from other males.
i let them dry in a separate area before collecting pollen.

hey astartes
yes of course all of them wont finish, some of the potted plants i just take in. but some i just cut them down if they can't finish, taking cuts first. i 've had several that couldn't finish in the past, sometimes i just pollenate them. the seeds will finish but the buds will b premature. it really depends on the helicopter activity on how long i'll leave them out. in the past i have kept plants out in a brief nov snow. i have found that if i keep them healthy enough they can handle a little frost but not a lot. but i dont plan on going past oct 15 this year. :rasta:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
early stankhash smoke report

early stankhash smoke report

stankhash was my own pollen chucking experiment with gpb's stankonia and a male hashberry. so far theres no real smell until you break it up then this funk just hits your nose, i ithink it comes from the SD influence in the stankonia pheno that was used. it has a little bit of head knock to it, then it evens out into a decent mix of head/body. i bet itll be even better after hitting the jars. :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for the smoke report, ABITA. How does it rank with your other strains, and would you consider this a keeper? Or do you want to wait for a proper cure before deciding?

Blake: nice male room! Must be a lot of work to clean them and then collect the pollen. Do you plan to develop your own strains by incrossing or backcrossing or do you just like to make seeds to spread the genetics around? I'm guessing it's probably the latter, which if anything is more useful for the cause. :rasta:

Dr. G

bighogg said:
i finally got pics Dr G! EDIT:whoops wrong moniker

so i thought i would show them off.

after all this IS some of the midwests finest! :rasta:

those are some monsters nice growing i do monsters but not that big thats giant

how many plants you running?

ill have pics soon i got some outdoor i need to upload and my buds indoors will be done in a week or 2 so ill have some killer purple c99xblackberry shots

Last edited:
B

Blakendn

Bababooey said:
Thanks for the smoke report, ABITA. How does it rank with your other strains, and would you consider this a keeper? Or do you want to wait for a proper cure before deciding?

Blake: nice male room! Must be a lot of work to clean them and then collect the pollen. Do you plan to develop your own strains by incrossing or backcrossing or do you just like to make seeds to spread the genetics around? I'm guessing it's probably the latter, which if anything is more useful for the cause. :rasta:

hey bababooey
its not too bad soaking the males down sometimes i wait till a huge rain comes.

i have a few crosses that i am backcrossing to the male pollen stored in my fridge. i plan to do incrossing with the blue stuff. i plan to try to do some f2's of stuff. the rest i just like to do a bunch of crazy crosses for myself and all my good buddies i have.

i am really happy with the way my crosses from last year are turning out so far.
i dont claim to b Arjan or anything i just love to chuck pollen.

B

Blakendn

Just landed today

1.Dabney Blue
2.La Pure Puss Kush
3.Daywrecker/ Headband Original Diesel
4.MSM Wrigley

:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

My collection is nearly complete
just a few more to go :rasta: :jump: :headbange

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Blakendn said:
My collection is nearly complete
just a few more to go :rasta: :jump: :headbange

Which ones are you lookin for?

Mabey u missied it earlier, but do you have any pics of you Mota's purple kush?

B

Blakendn

smoke1sun said:
Which ones are you lookin for?

Mabey u missied it earlier, but do you have any pics of you Mota's purple kush?

these are the last i'm pretty much still looking for
SR 71 Purple Kush / Ultra Violet
Mendo Purp
Schrom
Green Crack
Chemdawg 4, d , 91
Sno Dog
Razmataz (Rasberry)
JedI
Odyssey
Cherry Slyder
Dumpster
U DUb
pure Larry OG
Cherry Pez

a few of these are on the way, but my plate is so full right now it has to b pretty special for me to want it at this point.

no i dont have any pics of mota pk, i planted to close together last year to have good individual pics of plants.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
With a list like that, if dispensaries were ever legalized in the midwest, blake would rule the market.
:rasta:

Dr. G

CIMG6279.jpg

CIMG6277.jpg

CIMG6278.jpg

CIMG6276.jpg

CIMG6275.jpg

CIMG6274.jpg

CIMG6273.jpg

CIMG6272.jpg

CIMG6271.jpg

Dr. G

ya they really really really needed water when i took those pics

i also almost lost my eye taking those pics its at my uncles house and he doesnt know its on his land and my cousin just moved out last year and he can work there whenever hes got excuses to be there but i dont at all we were all swimmin and everyone left and i ran up there which was a work out in 100 deg weather and took those pics quick and checked on them

but i poked my head thorugh a bush and stabbed my eye lid really bad bleedin and i thought i couldnt see for a sec but it was all cool

my cuz fed them recentally i gave them a really good dose of everything

lk
silica blast
hygrozyme
mollassas
sweet
grow
and bloom

i got alot of plant in pots too it kinda sucks we werent prepaired but we got like 20-21 plants oput there and im putting one more out soon (shes already 2 mths old)

but ya we should cover it alittle bit the soil that is

but they don\t seem to be growing very tall well the ones in the main plot with all day of sun there getting bushyer but not taller dunno why but they also all have like 30 tops each

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Wow, Dr. G, good thing you didn't poke the eyeball itself. Can you wear sunglasses when poking through the brush or would it be too dark?

Outdoor plot looks good. Plants about 2 feet tall I reckon. They stopped stretching, now they're just filling out? Well, your yield might not be what it would with 6 foot tall bushes, but at least it's more stealth.

Also, when you say you should cover the soil, do you mean camouflage it so that it's harder to see from the air, it doesn't look like a garden so much?

Other than that, looks like a decent harvest, should tide you over till next year's outdoor, unless you smoke a lot of people up...
:joint: