What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

ker2noir

ker2noir's outdoor OE doesn't look like one plant but 3-4. I would love to know what he did to produce such a massive single plant. I don't see a central cola just a mass of them.

Hello VirginHarvester?
No, it is just one plant but worked in different main colas, and planted early outdoor. The only pic i have is after a big rain. .

Attachments

• oebig.gif
    oebig.gif
    123.5 KB · Views: 52

jawnroot

Howdy all,

I'm looking for an anti-anxiety strain, and I've heard Orient Express is fairly good in that regard. I've also heard the other side of the coin (ie: that Orient Express is a racy strain, and not suitable for anti-anxiety).

Either way, I'm not a warp out or anything like that. It's just that occasionally when I smoke a fair amount I kinda get this period of racing heart, self-doubt. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. Just looking for a strain that doesn't have that effect.

Any thoughts?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Howdy all,

I'm looking for an anti-anxiety strain, and I've heard Orient Express is fairly good in that regard. I've also heard the other side of the coin (ie: that Orient Express is a racy strain, and not suitable for anti-anxiety).

Either way, I'm not a warp out or anything like that. It's just that occasionally when I smoke a fair amount I kinda get this period of racing heart, self-doubt. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. Just looking for a strain that doesn't have that effect.

Any thoughts?

Hello jawnroot,

Dont worry, Orient Express effect is warm, expansive, clean and pleasant. Without any doubt, it's one of our best choices if you are looking for a high quality anti anxious kind of high, very social pot to enjoy good moments with friends and family.

scaramanga

Thanks Dubi. The reason for my question is that I was reading a thread over on the Outdoor forum in which they were discussing resin structure. The main point was that outdoor plants are subject to harsher conditions than indoor plants, including heavy rains and winds that could potentially knock off glands. Any experienced outdoor/ indoor gardener may have observed this in strains that are very potent indoors and perhaps not quite so potent outdoors.

Basically my question was regarding resin structure and outdoor suitability. But I guess if it was bred with outdoor in mind then you have already answered my question.

If you have any thoughts on this subject I would be curious to hear them. Thanks.

EDIT: I just had 9/10 pop through the soil in less then 48 hrs, excellent!!! Hope they're ready for the great outdoors; well soon anyway. THANKS ACE!!!

Feliz Cosecha.

Scaramanga.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi. The reason for my question is that I was reading a thread over on the Outdoor forum in which they were discussing resin structure. The main point was that outdoor plants are subject to harsher conditions than indoor plants, including heavy rains and winds that could potentially knock off glands. Any experienced outdoor/ indoor gardener may have observed this in strains that are very potent indoors and perhaps not quite so potent outdoors.

Basically my question was regarding resin structure and outdoor suitability. But I guess if it was bred with outdoor in mind then you have already answered my question.

If you have any thoughts on this subject I would be curious to hear them. Thanks.

EDIT: I just had 9/10 pop through the soil in less then 48 hrs, excellent!!! Hope they're ready for the great outdoors; well soon anyway. THANKS ACE!!!

Feliz Cosecha.

Scaramanga.

Thanks scaramanga,

Im glad to hear you are popping some Orient Express there!

It's not an easy topic, resin can protect plants from humid conditions and mold. For outdoor resisntance plants has to adapt the correct working of its biologic process to this new conditions, not only resin production.

Flower structure (the way plants distribute ovaries while forming bud structure) is also very important, pure tropical sativas usually have airy separated ovaries, so water doesn't rot so easily the watered but airated parts of the flower.

Grandad

Beautiful vietnamese leaves on an indica plant... Dubi hats off again my friend!

I gave a couple of beans of OE to a friend and called up last night. this is how its turning out at 3 or 4 weeks flowering. It is the most unusual and exotic looking plant in a room with 4 other varieties. She is beautiful.

Apologies for the quality- this photo was taken only on my phone. I will update as this progresses.

Attachments

• 19022009402.jpg
    19022009402.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 57

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful vietnamese leaves on an indica plant... Dubi hats off again my friend!

I gave a couple of beans of OE to a friend and called up last night. this is how its turning out at 3 or 4 weeks flowering. It is the most unusual and exotic looking plant in a room with 4 other varieties. She is beautiful.

Apologies for the quality- this photo was taken only on my phone. I will update as this progresses.

Good day Grandad,

Im glad to hear your friend is enjoying growing Orient Express, he has the small sativa pheno, branchy and squat with sativa influenced leaf and early flowering traits. It's a very tasty and aromatic strain, best wishes for rest of flowering!

U

uncleho

Hey Ace Seeds

Where did you get your vietnamese? got any pics?

I'm been growing out the vietnamese here... and I have a Chinese Indica? Well got the beans from a Chinese Muslim hash man.

Also whats up with oldtimers haze? when can i get some of those beans, it would be great out here and easy to grow,

Thanks

Brastaman

Hello jawnroot,

Dont worry, Orient Express effect is warm, expansive, clean and pleasant. Without any doubt, it's one of our best choices if you are looking for a high quality anti anxious kind of high, very social pot to enjoy good moments with friends and family.

hiya dubi,

in your opinion, do you think it would be possible to search through some beans and find a high anxiety, racy pheno of the orient express?

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Brastaman, Orient Express is a F1 hybrid btwn two different pure lines so If you make a F2 generation you'll fine more variation btwn the different phenotypes.

See ya

Brastaman

thanks ras pablo!!!

kinda figured such just wondering if it was possible to work the viet black line to a point where the anxiety effect would be hidden then when crossed to the yunnan and become even harder to find or if the line is still pretty unworked.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Ace Seeds

Where did you get your vietnamese? got any pics?

I'm been growing out the vietnamese here... and I have a Chinese Indica? Well got the beans from a Chinese Muslim hash man.

Also whats up with oldtimers haze? when can i get some of those beans, it would be great out here and easy to grow,

Thanks

High uncleho,

We have worked with different vietnamese sativas, Vietnam Black is the mother of Orient Express hybrid.

If you wanna dig more info, i'd recommend you check the next link:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=65963&highlight=vietnamese

You'll find plenty info and pics about different vietnamese sativas.

Oldtimer's Haze is available at Seedboutique. New stock will be ready around May/June 09. We have interesting oldtimer's hybrids like purple haze x panama, green haze x panama, and probably haze x meao thai crosses soon too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hiya dubi,

in your opinion, do you think it would be possible to search through some beans and find a high anxiety, racy pheno of the orient express?

dont think so Brastaman,

Chinese Yunnan and Vietnam Black dont provide that kind of effects, neither Orient Express, maybe you'll find more sativa expressions working on F2 generation but i dont think you'll find that kind of racy anxious kind of highs.

If you are looking for something accelerated and caffeinic i'd recommend highly recommend you try bangi haze, also oldtimer's haze or new haze x panama crosses would be interesting.