What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thanks Michigan for trying to screw us over!

Ready4

Veteran
The big corporate type grows should be a threat to nobody. Many of them will fail and go out of business. Most are set-up by greedy people with far, far more $ than common sense. They get "advised" by their stoner son-in-laws or kids and do not understand or care about putting out a quality product. Already far too many set up. Their dreams of giant profits will be shattered, investing in one of the worst products to invest in. Home growers can grow far better product. "Budweiser Bud" will be a huge flop.

Ready4

Veteran
For all Michigan residents - not calling anybody names, just stating some facts. Those of you who support the GOP need to be made aware of the extremely undemocratic actions of Michigan's GOP party. This sums up what is occurring very well : https://www.mlive.com/opinion/2018/12/legislature-governor-need-to-follow-the-will-of-the-people-and-stop-lame-duck-bills.html?__vfz=rtw_top_pages%3D6763400014930

Quit being enablers to the enemies of democracy - if this was the Democrats doing this huge anti-democracy disgrace, you would have no trouble letting them know how wrong they are. To say any of these undemocratic actions are "not going to pass anyhow", etc is just deflecting and not holding these undemocratic crooks accountable. This is what they are doing with the $$$$ they are getting paid ?????

The legalization of marijuana -Proposal 1 - passed with 55.9% in favor ( the 44.1% who voted against can eat shit)

But proposals 2 & 3 , which the current undemocratic traitors are trying to mess with, passed by larger margins - which meant many Michigan voters did the right thing, ignored party "leaders" and voted for - Proposal 2 passed by 61.3%, Proposal 3 passed by 66.9%

The new Governor, new SOS, new State AG all being Democrats is a strong message to Michigan's GOP about where they stand. If we can get them into office before the undemocratic traitors change anything, our rights and the will of the voters -DEMOCRACY- will be protected.
Make your voice heard and hold ALL our politicians to the will of the people. When they are wrong, they are wrong - in this case, party affiliation shoudl not matter - the undemocratic traitors need to be stopped.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Fuck I thought Michigan could grow like 8-12 plants per residence?? I used to live 20mile from Michigan but moved about 7yrz ago. I thought I'd seen a outdoor grower in Michigan on YT that was showing his grow. He was even filming the Helicopter flying over lol. I remember him saying the plant had to be fenced in)locked gate fence around the grow. But I wish the state I lived in gave us a lil something.....hell 2-4 rec plants per residence would be fucking great down here. But it'll never happen....I might come back towards Michigan if things get straight out

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Michigan has a 12 plant limit for medical growers? Is that right? In my state we had a 15 plant limit per medical authorization. Farmers markets all over the place, dispensaries, it was as close to perfect as I needed.

Then when they started the recreational cannabis the state legislators started saying that MMJ was "untenable". It took a few months for them to realize they didn't have to share with the lowly medical growers. Now we have a 4 plant limit unless you register with the state. All the dispensaries were closed, all the farmers markets shut down. They shut us down.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
So Michigan has a 12 plant limit for medical growers? Is that right? In my state we had a 15 plant limit per medical authorization. Farmers markets all over the place, dispensaries, it was as close to perfect as I needed.

Then when they started the recreational cannabis the state legislators started saying that MMJ was "untenable". It took a few months for them to realize they didn't have to share with the lowly medical growers. Now we have a 4 plant limit unless you register with the state. All the dispensaries were closed, all the farmers markets shut down. They shut us down.

You no longer need to be a registered qualifying patient to grow twelve plants. But yes, twelve plants (med or rec) is the limit unless you’re a registered caregiver, then it’s seventy-two. And of course now with rec passing there will be other options. A friend was recently asked if he’d be interested in working for a fella who was granted a 1500 plant license. So obviously rec will bring changes. And it would seem that current dispensaries will either become retailers of rec as well, or go the way of the dodo bird.