What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensei shiva skunk

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Shiva shanti and shiva skunk are two different strains, both from sensi... also shiva shanti 2.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I have a lot of respect for shanti and its varieties,but mns nl5 x skunk is not the same thing,
first of all the nl5 is not the original cut but a remake, probably nl1 x nl5,and the skunk is #1 and not skunk 18.5.....
My 2 cent
You're mistaken, bro.

From MrNice web site for NL5 x Skunk:
"Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba"
https://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=56

These were made with Nevil's old seed stock, so MNS NL5SK#1 is not a f1 hybrid but repro with Nevil's old seeds. So it's same genetics as Sensi Seeds' Shiva Skunk just different selection.

Shanti even sell them on "New blends of old school genetics" section of his strain list

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I have a lot of respect for shanti and its varieties,but mns nl5 x skunk is not the same thing,
first of all the nl5 is not the original cut but a remake, probably nl1 x nl5,and the skunk is #1 and not skunk 18.5.....
My 2 cent

I thought Shanti started with F1 stock of NL#5 x Skunk#1 from Neville and now sell an inbred version of it like Sensi (Idk wich gen: F3, F4, F5...)

Only difference is they are now refined lines coming from two different selections but initial stock was the same...

Saw this info on the Skunk 18.5, what do you think it is? Inbred version of Skunk 18.2 wich was first sold by Sam along with Skunk#1 to Nev?

Funny that in the 96' Sensi catalog they only mention Shiva Skunk as an NL#5 x Skunk#1 hybrid. No talk about Skunk 18.5...

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Yes I think I've read that Neville said he inbreeded Skunk so that would make sense on the 18.5 being a third gen inbred Skunk 18.2.

Skunk 18.2 is Skunk x Afghani Bx right? So this would be more similar to Super Skunk than Skunk#1 imo.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
You're mistaken, bro.

From MrNice web site for NL5 x Skunk:
"Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba"
https://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=56

These were made with Nevil's old seed stock, so MNS NL5SK#1 is not a f1 hybrid but repro with Nevil's old seeds. So it's same genetics as Sensi Seeds' Shiva Skunk just different selection.

Shanti even sell them on "New blends of old school genetics" section of his strain list
Sorry,maybe I was wrong, I was convinced that the strains of mns were f1, apart from someone ....
:)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Years ago I grew some, crossed in and out for a while to see what would happen, then stopped growing it and tossed my hybrid seeds outside. Some unique funky smells came out but nothing better in any way than the original pack. The cost was worth it back then but I think they were half the current price. Good solid big buds of moderate potency but nothing resembling dank in any way. Not one plant out of all that was worth cloning and I can't imagine it's gotten better since then. Those were regs the fems could be different. It's better than the MLI which has fluffy lightweight buds and is even less dank.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Northern Skunk by Peak is supposed to be very good. Haven't grown it myself but have grown his NL and was impressed.

Shiva shanti has nothing in common with Shiva skunk apart from the word Shiva, and that they were both bred by Sensi seeds.

Shiva shanti was bred from an Afghani known as Garlic bud and a Hindu kush. I found it to be an indica with only moderate potency and a relaxing stone.

As an aside note, Jack Herer includes 25% Shiva skunk in its makeup .>>> .Haze x (Northern lights 5 x Shiva skunk).

insomniac_AU

Shiva shanti has nothing in common with Shiva skunk apart from the word Shiva, and that they were both bred by Sensi seeds.

I know that mate. My comment was directed at Willydread. We were discussing whether the Shanti I had in the early 90s would be still available.

insomniac_AU

All good Natural. I'm not sure how to reply to you so I'll do it here. :)

As we know phenos can vary greatly. I would love to have the shanti pheno I had years ago. I got it as a cutting from a grower but he got the seeds from Amsterdam. Trying to get it again is probably like a needle in a haystack though.

I'm sure there are some great phenos of Shiva skunk out there too.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I know it's not the same thing ;) ,but I was talking about shanti baba, not about shiva shanti....
(small offtopic, shiva shanti 2 is the best strain of sensiseeds I've tried ....)
WOS,OWL'S/HELVETIC seeds have nl5 x skunk fem.surely if you look you will find more ...
I know that someone can be scandalized, but over the years I have noticed that often versions f2, f3 are better than the originals (perhaps because the originals are no longer the originals ....)

Robbie vapez

Update on the thread, 2 packs of Shiva, 2 packs of Mr Nice, Peaks NLxSk, Ceres NLxSk, also went Diamond girl from GH to see about the silver pearl thing. Which seed bank is SSSC that does the f2 M39?

Update on the thread, 2 packs of Shiva, 2 packs of Mr Nice, Peaks NLxSk, Ceres NLxSk, also went Diamond girl from GH to see about the silver pearl thing. Which seed bank is SSSC that does the f2 M39?
Please keep us updated. I'm very interested on how all of these do. I'm very curious about the ceres. They push those pretty hard at hemp shopper in Amsterdam.

Robbie vapez

Update on Shiva, 2 outa 5 germed. I also got 2 packs of Jack Herer, they were 3 outa 6. Hope this isnt a pattern as I have Shiva shanti and maple leaf to pop. Seeds all looked ok visually

Burt

Veteran
Shiva was great quality and it’s the same old story, I didn’t keep a cut
Yields and quality were fantastic