What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this before? Mold? Rot?

M

moose eater

I went back and checked the name of that other bio-fungicide. It's called 'Prestop.'

I didn't dig deeply enough to find if it's the same or similar beneficial critter as in Mycostop.

It, like Mycostop, is best for inoculation, rather than post-facto addressing of fungal issues. but it -can- apparently arrest the advance, similar to Mycostop.

Seems a bit less concentrated. Comes in a 100 gram/3.5 oz. pack, and if I recall correctly makes between 6 and 10 gallons of solution for either drench or spray, depending on desired strength of the mix..

Can't recall what the total volume of usable liquid is from dilution of 5 grams of the Mycostop, but the price between the 2 is very similar; some place in the neighborhood of $25-$27 for 100 grams of Prestop, versus 5 grams of Mycostop.... plus freight..... which up here can eat your lunch.

I noted that some vendors have restrictions on which states they can/will ship to.

I'm re-stocking on the Mycostop, and trying to arrange shipping on a packet of the Prestop.