What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Junky Genetics -- Anybody running this stuff?

yts farmer

Veteran
Seed junky Sour Diesel x Animal Cookies #3

IMG_20180915_212020_806.jpg

IMG_20180915_212020_799.jpg

IMG_20180915_212020_782.jpg

IMG_20180915_212020_781.jpg

Blazeee

Veteran
Great work YTS farmer, that sunset sherbert x high octane looks lovely, did you keep a mother of her?

Also great work tulku, you can really see the cookie in that second pic of the wedding cake x animal mints.

Lovely bud shots guys.

If Seed Junky Genetics added the entry to s33df!nd3r It's acceptable. If another person added the Seed Junky entries to the database I'm not so sure it is correct. That's why I was asking.
I know another cross with the exact same name but it is not even closely related.

High Octane is just an OG Kush cut. Seed Junky has worked with it for years, and it’s a popular cut that Jungle Boys grows and sells. I’ve heard it finishes a little earlier than most OG cuts (8 vs 10 weeks).

mack 10

Veteran
Wedding cake bx1.

Popped 5 seeds only got 1 female, the other 4 plants were runty little males.

Terps on this wedding cake bx are unreal.

View attachment 467701

View attachment 467702

View attachment 467703

Sour diesel x animal cookies.

Popped 5 of these and again only got one female, this plant is the looker over the wedding cake bx1 and the sunset sherbet x high octane bx3

View attachment 467704

View attachment 467705

View attachment 467706

Nice work, sucks about the numbers but
You got some winners anyway.
Did you keep any?
After some wedding cake myself after trying some
The other day?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
If its got cookies in it could herm on you and cherry pie is more suspect i believe. Its probably more the genetics than any technical skill on their part.

I have yet to get anything by them but am close to pulling the trigger on some SFV x TKbx2..

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
His Kush Mints #11 fem hybrids are looking killer from what I've seen. Way more reports of killer plants being found compared to intersex plants also from what I'm seeing. $200 is a little steep. But then again it only takes one small plant to make that money back/save in what you would spend on smoke. I have the Wedding Cake cut. But I'm dying to try some of his other gear.

Cannavore

Veteran
honestly almost no one is immune from intersex plants these days. especially when you breed with bagseed "elites".

look at Archive or Bodhi when the hype was all over their stuff. The amount of hermie reports went up a lot during those times. My guess is new growers and/or people trying to get free stuff from the breeders.

JohnnyChicago

I can understand why Animal Mints works so well in crosses. I have a cut that is so damn tasty and frosty as hell, colorfull, with rock hard buds, a very good yielder that flowers in 55days, fast vegger and it has also proven to be mold resistant in my cave... I also never saw a banana on this plant even when stressed. And the strange thing is, that all the female plants of the strains (An. Mints & An. Cookies BX) I grew from this breeder, were all very prone to herm.

I would suggest this breeder, only for pheno hunting. Killer plants, that are worth plenty of $$ to be found in there.