What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Mexican, Seed germination and Micro propagation techniques.

teide

Veteran
I would be interested in hearing how orange peako turned out.
Been wanting that one since I started looking for cambodian seeds.
I tried to germinate 20 Mekong Haze from delta 9. Only one germed. It was placed in earth worm castings.
I made a worm bin after reading about the excellent results in this thread. One seed sprouted out of four in the ewc. The rest which only received the h2o2 treatment didn't respond, so I guess the fresh ewc definitely is a beneficial part of successful germination of old sativa seeds.
I have a 20 pack of old khmer gold seeds. Six were put in ewc and two have sprouted.
Four received a h2o2 and ga3 soak. Three days in water and no reaction, so I have dried them and I will put them also in the fresh earth worm castings..

MisterObscure

I kept that one separate in seed form so I can revisit it.

If I remember right it had a spicy\citrus aroma and definitely stood out among the crowd for sativa stature.

That corky fellow sure knew how to pick a plant out at the starting gate...

Peace
Mystic

Mystic - Hope u are doing good my friend. I am too new of a member to send a message but wondering if ur still here? Peace

Mystic Funk

Mystic - Hope u are doing good my friend. I am too new of a member to send a message but wondering if ur still here? Peace

I'm alive and well my friend.
I've been busy with other seed projects. Mostly elite hybrids and my Oaxacan lines but haven't forgot about this thread. I just need to free up a lot of space and time to dig back into the vintage Mexican seeds. It's hard to test many methods with little space just in case i get a good germ rate I'll need a place to put them.

Peace
Mystic

MisterObscure

I'm alive and well my friend.
I've been busy with other seed projects. Mostly elite hybrids and my Oaxacan lines but haven't forgot about this thread. I just need to free up a lot of space and time to dig back into the vintage Mexican seeds. It's hard to test many methods with little space just in case i get a good germ rate I'll need a place to put them.

Peace
Mystic

Glad u are well! Strange times these days. Good to hear back from u I can't work this website good. Still can't figure out messages or notifications - Understand the limitations they seem even greater so with those lines. Hopefully a safe space will find it's way to u somewhere and u can do your thing freely.

Keep up the good work thank u for all the dedication & patience to the Oaxacan. I look forward to seeing what u do.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Hey Mystic,

I second MisterObscure's comment above, it is good to see you still posting. I have some of your Oaxacan just now starting into flower. The most vigorous sativa in the room - loving it! What work have you been doing or plan to do with this line?

I am also curious about a pack of your Panama Red in my fridge. I haven't been able to find much info on it - do you or anyone else here have any details to share?

Thanks!

RenaissanceBrah

If you put the seeds in the bins right away they won’t sprout. So what I do is a full run with the bins first to get the worms to work their magic. Put your food scraps and news paper in the bins and let the worms eat all of it until you see lots of worm casting on the top of the bedding. This may take a week or months it depends on how many worms you have. By now you should see lots of castings and little to no food scraps left and there should be no bad smell. Now mix up all the castings on the top evenly, now place the seeds on top of the soil and cover lightly. Place another worm bin on top to keep the heat and moisture even. In a week or so you should see many sprouts. Another cool thing is when your seeds sprout, don’t worry about them dying right away for some reason the seedling won’t rot or die in this black gold even though there’s no light in there you will have at least a week or more of good growth before they get too lanky.

Just curious, what was the temperature in the room where the worm bin was at?

I dropped some seeds in my worm bin, buried them 1cm deep or so, to see how the worm bin method works.

Thing is, it's winter hear and the temps inside my garage (where the worm bin is) is about 60F (15C). Would it still be warm enough in the worm bin?

(Will be a fun time trying to find them if not and I want to take them out :biggrin:)

Naindejardin

Hey man,

How’s the VMex going? Did you ever pop more seeds to work on the line? I miss the days of yellow Mexican brick weed so much. All the giggles and staying up all night. Now is just couch lock and munchies 😪

Mystic Funk

Hey man,

How’s the VMex going? Did you ever pop more seeds to work on the line? I miss the days of yellow Mexican brick weed so much. All the giggles and staying up all night. Now is just couch lock and munchies 😪

It's going good. Super busy this year.
I haven't popped any more vintage Mexican. I gave away the first batch of seeds i made as freebies. They went pretty fast! I didn't realize how many people wanted old Mexican lines. The Oaxacan gold and highland guerrero sold out too in a couple weeks too!

Im working on a skunk project now so no room for them at the moment. But i do plan on doing some more.

Peace
Mystic

Naindejardin

It's going good. Super busy this year.
I haven't popped any more vintage Mexican. I gave away the first batch of seeds i made as freebies. They went pretty fast! I didn't realize how many people wanted old Mexican lines. The Oaxacan gold and highland guerrero sold out too in a couple weeks too!

Im working on a skunk project now so no room for them at the moment. But i do plan on doing some more.

Peace
Mystic

Well keep up the good work and for sure keep me posted when you circle back to the VMex. Nostalgia is a fickle thing, would love to reminisce of that incensey yellow brick weed that caused the giggles and a euphoric stone.

peace ✌️

fckn elv1s

1. Thanks for sharing! I somehow found this thread through a comment you left on IG. I wish I found this sooner. I blew through like 10-15 breeder packs from 10 years ago I had saved that I was getting ready to run outside in April for my first grow. I just used the soaking in water for a few days method and they all turned to dust when put in dirt. I have a few packs left that I will hold out on until I finish reading this thread and maybe I'll run them inside. Thanks for this!

Latest posts

Latest posts