What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Blueberry

Here is a pic from yesterday. Tons of branches on this thing. I wonder if this pheno leans more Sativa because the leaves are skinnier thàn indica ones usually are. Sorry for the sideways shots but this site does that to them when I upload for some reason.

Well she has been in flower for almost 2 weeks now. Took some cuttings and they actually held up very well. She drinks twice as slow as my goji clone,but the blueberry smell of the stem is very strong and internode spacing is like 1" all the way up the main stalks so I thought it might be worth keeping around.

I will post some pics when she has decent tops coming up but right now she is all scrogged out with 4 other plants and it would be hard to tell what's what ;)

I just veg with T5's to have less heat in the room. I have also heard from a lot of people that they can help keep the internode space shorter.

I just veg with T5's to have less heat in the room. I have also heard from a lot of people that they can help keep the internode space shorter.
I bet youd see some fatter,bigger, leaves if you vegged under a 600 or something, my blueberry usually only will put out 7 leaflet leaves about hand sized if I veg under T5, under a 600, itll put out giant leaves upto 12 leaflets. Those last pics look preety representative of most DP blueberry ive grown. The more heavy indica phenos usually end up more hashy and less fruity in my experience, so its waterever your into. Good luck, love to see them once they start to swell a bit.

I have wanted to try vegging with the mh, but as of now I only have a closet to veg in since the tent is for flower. And you are right about trimming those fan leaves Rusty, they block a bit of light ;)

I noticed the flowers are starting to smell, it's definitely an unmistakable sweet blueberry scent:biggrin:
Can't wait to see how the final product is!

GoatCheese

Veteran
You are right Vanilla Phoenix, it totally smells like blueberry syrup. Unreal!

The Cannabis Cup winner BB in Amsterdam is also syrupy blue berry taste and chunky buds. I understand that it is DP's Bleuberry, not DJ Short's, but i'm not sure. Nice smoke anyways, had some few years ago.
Some DP's Blueberries hermie, but that's also how the strain is, so keep looking for nanners when you hit 6-7 weeks of flowering till harvest.
If it ends up growing few nanners, but it's possible she will stay clean, you can just pick the nanners out with tweezers as you find them, and most likely you can finnish the flowering with out seeded bud.

Keep us updated with photos.

:)

Thanks for the info goat cheese :)
I will definitely look out nanners ;). I hear it's pretty common for thai strains and might not have anything to do with the breeder really.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Go easy with the nutes btw. BB can be a bit sensitive. Some times pushing the nute strenght on the edge of nute-burn for weeks can casue some sensitive plants to hermie

Joint Lock

Thanks for the info goat cheese :)
I will definitely look out nanners ;). I hear it's pretty common for thai strains and might not have anything to do with the breeder really.

Umm Dj was a former employee of DP back in the 90s These are nothing but F2 gen of his work nothing else

GoatCheese

Veteran
Umm Dj was a former employee of DP back in the 90s These are nothing but F2 gen of his work nothing else

I think DJ Short only sold DP some seeds back then and was not involved in the selection process when DP searched for parent-plants

Hey goatcheese, i think your close, but they arent f2 if they are fem, even as regs, if they were f2 youd be seeing a lot more variation plant to plant with traits of the grandparents, so youd probably see some heavily leaning afgan plants and some heavily leaning LND plants. I never saw that kind of variation in DP BB, have you?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hey goatcheese, i think your close, but they arent f2 if they are fem, even as regs, if they were f2 youd be seeing a lot more variation plant to plant with traits of the grandparents, so youd probably see some heavily leaning afgan plants and some heavily leaning LND plants. I never saw that kind of variation in DP BB, have you?
Hi
..yea who knows what F-generation DP's BB is nowadays. Do they even sell regular-BB seeds any more or is it all fems, can't remember.
Mine were reg-seeds.
I have only grown few DP's females, 3 or 4, of which one was the so called "stretch indica"-type, others were the shorter bushy type. Yea bred more to the Afghan-side than DJ Short's, thou i haven't grown his version.

Here's a pic of that"stretch indica"-type. Had a real blueberry aroma, skunky and little fruit in the background, not the surypy/sugary type like the cup winner-cut in Amsterdam. This was more potent also. ..few nanners in later bloom, thou. One of the others grew proper pollen sacks, not just few nanners.
picture.php