What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
not to stray too far off topic but the GlueBreath seeds would be regs and have males right?

For now I'm going to consider the GlueBreath to be a clone only.
She came from just a couple of seeds from a cross made between the GG#4 and some 3 week nanners that my OGKB S1#3 spit out on her first run from clone.

I popped 2 seeds and the GlueBreath clone was #1. The seeds made from the GG#4 x CookieBoi I'm going to call GorillaBreath and they are finished and testers are growing now. k
I expect that the GlueBreath will be a popular clone based on the reports from Amsterdam and my own opinion
and I don't want to pull a Swerve and name some seeds after a clone when they have different daddies.

If the seed that produced CookieBoi was selfed then he should be shooting feminized pollen and the seeds should be all girls.

If the seeds have real males in them then Cookieboi must have been an actual male in which case there would be something besides OGKB cookies that fathered him.

I can't wait to see what will come out of these babies for that reason.

Mikenite69

Veteran
U are kinda right about that chunky but there is also a possibility that the cookie boy could produce males even if he came from a fem line. I saw this first hand when I popped a blueberry headband fem bean that turned out to be male and x'd it to some things. I would get a majority of females but a male would come out of those crosses it was like a 90/10 ratio of females to males.

Same thing with cannabiogens peyote purple line. It's actually a fem line but because a certain percentage of males would pop out in a large population they couldn't market them as FEMs.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
that wouldnt be a safe bet at all...

"feminized" seeds toss males quite often... which is why they changed it from "female seeds" to "feminized seed" in the first place.

People have found 100% male plants in Big Buddha, Strawberry Haze, AMS, Church, Big Bang, Peyote Purple... I'm sure the list goes on.

Cannabis comes in 2 flavors of diploid sexuality... both dioecious and monoecious.

Potential of marker-assisted selection in hemp genetic improvement
(Cannabis sativa) has a highly variable sexual phenotype. In dioecious hemp, the sex is controlled by heteromorphic sex chromosomes according to an X-to-autosomes equilibrium. However, in monoecious hemp, the sex determinism remains widely unknown and has never been related to a quantitative approach of sex expression.

so you can toss the xx xy garbage out the window.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
TBT- about 6 years ago I started using medical cannabis after a 20+ year tolerance break.
I was unable to hook up a decent connection where I was living and decided to go out to CA and get a rec.
For a couple of years I had been reading up on medical cannabis and seeing a lot about elite strains
but nothing I was finding on the black market resembled what i was reading about.

I set up a 10 day CA vacation to get squared and do serious strain research.
First stop after picking up my rental car was a trip to the Inglewood DMV which is close to LAX.
CA DMV's take online reservations and I had made one for 2 hours after my flight landed.
An address and a passport are all you need for a state ID there and you will
leave with a paper card to use until they ship the hard one six weeks later.

Only one dispensary denied me entry for the paper ID.

picture.php

I choose the Kush Doctor on Venice Beach for my 1st rec because they had a reputation for never saying no.
I'm seriously sick however and I had brought lots of records with me so it was an easy 15-20 minute appt and even legit docs have ok-ed me in later years.
All I had to do next was walk 2 blocks to my 1st legal weed store!

After a quick bit of paperwork I went into the back room where there was a gorgeous blond with 40 big jars of bud.

marijuana_jars_nanette_gonzalez_law.jpg

I recognized about half of the strain names on the shelf and she started letting me smell things
when this dude walks in and asks for a gram of some special sale weed called "sugar".
I watched while she weighed out 1.4g of this really nice looking bud and after he paid I was like, gimme one too please.
I learned about tipping bud tenders who weigh heavy in my first shop.

I learned to hate shops that pre-weighed their gear shortly after.:biggrin:

This was my 1st hook up. 2- 1/8ths and 7 grams.

picture.php

The 1/8th on the right I chose because the purple kush jar had the biggest buds by far. it sucked bad.
Everything else I liked except the LA Con.

She put the little arrows on the bags to show me the effects, up or down, or both...

It was so freaky to walk out of there with a half zip of legal meds.
I tossed it in my glove box and stopped for some sushi on my way to the hotel.
I'll never forget the way that car smelled when I got back in it, heaven.

Drove all the way up to the Bay on that trip and joined at least 40 collectives.
Tried a whole bunch of strains too but the OG Kush, Diesel, Jack, and Chem are still staples in keeping me well relieved.

If you don't have a weed card and have not visited a dispensary yet get your ass somewhere legal and check it out. Priceless!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ha, my mother got her first med rec at the their other location just down the beach about 6 yrs ago as well. I was taking her for a walk wasn't planned but they are very persistent and persuasive. She was fucking geeked though. And then bam up stairs for a quarter of cheesecake.

Stonedform

Wow. These buds are so much larger than OGKB.

I've always had issue with OGKB, because despite the INSANE frost and ridiculous test results she yields, she just doesn't have true bag appeal. Buds are always small and stemmy.

Well done.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
just got this cut. cant wait to run her!!!!!!!
seriously grateful to you and my homie in common.

OGKB 2.0 says pleased to meet you!

picture.php

See, that didn't take long… 18 days since she won the cup.:biggrin:

It takes longer than that for me to root a clone.

World domination by next 4/20. Make it happen!
Share it with your homies overseas, drop cuts in the worst neighborhood in your town, smoke the peace pipe with your neighbors!

SE Mitten getting it's OGKB 2.0 infusion next week, things will be smelling funky in the north end of Flint.

Anybody want to meet up for a session on Sonny? Imma smoke that Ave. from Wisner to Forest Hill, feel me?
Merrill Hood Cookies coming to town, put your gun down!

[YOUTUBEIF]Qb0P5kRAsVA[/YOUTUBEIF]

picture.php

picture.php

dutchmasters420

Both those ladies look like gourmet dessert! I love those MH buds, stuff looks insane. Any plans on more server fund seed drops? I actually just checked and didn't see anything.

Really impressive plants :joint:

Mikenite69

Veteran
I am gonna be ogkb'n 2.0'n in the next 70 to 77 days yeehaw! She was just put into the tent in a 12x12 square pot where she will veg for a couple more days before I flip her.